Alpa Code-a-phone 10/29/04

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, October 29th, with three new items.

Item 1. This week, ALPA and the Company met to discuss current and projected staffing needs given the new provisions of LOA 93 and the forecast flying for the February 2005 schedule. Based on the current projections for fleet size and block hours for February, the furloughs anticipated with the increased productivity provisions of LOA 93 may be minimal, if not at all. The Company and ALPA will continue to evaluate the staffing requirements, and we will provide you with those calculations as soon as they are available. These calculations and projections will be a major driver in the next permanent bid.

ALPA will also meet next Tuesday in Washington with Company representatives from Route Planning and Marketing to participate in the trip construction process. This arrangement of ALPA involvement in trip constructions stems from the consolidation of Pilot Scheduling into the Flight Operations Department.

Item 2. Yesterday, we reported on the Company’s disappointing third quarter results and disturbing revenue trend. We have been informed by Flight Operations that more revenue may be lost this weekend due to cancellations if more pilots do not take advantage of the voluntary increased flying cap provided in LOA 93. As per an interim agreement between ALPA and US Airways for the remainder of the month, this extra flying is not mandatory and is offered to all pilots on a strictly voluntary basis.

Item 3. Other US Airways unions are meeting with the Company in an effort to achieve consensual agreements on the Transformation Plan. The IAM has agreed to negotiations, with the mechanics meeting with management on Tuesday, November 2nd and the fleet service workers meeting with management on Wednesday, November 3rd. The CWA will be returning to the negotiating table on Thursday, November 4th and AFA negotiations are ongoing.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

", the furloughs anticipated with the increased productivity provisions of LOA 93 MAY be minimal, if not at all." May is the key word, the out for this writer of this statement.

alpa should have taken bigger pay cut like delta.now cwa and iam
have to support their pay with a large reduction in their pay.

BoeingBoy said:
We have been informed by Flight Operations that more revenue may be lost this weekend due to cancellations if more pilots do not take advantage of the voluntary increased flying cap provided in LOA 93. As per an interim agreement between ALPA and US Airways for the remainder of the month, this extra flying is not mandatory and is offered to all pilots on a strictly voluntary basis.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.
[post="196467"][/post]​

???

What a Union!!

28yrsnojob said:
alpa should have taken bigger pay cut like delta.now cwa and iam
have to support their pay with a large reduction in their pay.
[post="196531"][/post]​

Are you kidding me? Sure Delta just took a 32.5% pay cut, but the USAirways pilots just took an 18% cut on top of the 20-30% of cuts they have taken up to now.

DMG...before you make such statements, maybe you should research alittle. I as a pilot remember giving an initial 34% (the two parity reviews) back, then another 8% to maintain fleet size which would have saved more jobs in all work groups. I think that's 42%..now another 18% last week....averaged out about 50% pay cut...over $100,000 grand. Your right DMG, I would haved LOVED to have given what DAL pilots did...ONLY 32.5%. Plus they still have their retirement!!!!!! Get your facts right before you rag on the pilot group!!!! I would like to see you take a 50% pay cut!!!! They will be back to the DAL guys for more....that'as just round one and to buy time!!!!
Be more then happy to show you my W-2...you can divide the big number into the small number to see what persentage it was....way more then DAL's 32.5%!!! Nice try!!

Fluf

Flufdriver said:
I would like to see you take a 50% pay cut!!!! Fluf
[post="196623"][/post]​

Ooh, ooh! What do I win?
Parity plus 1% at full time was earning about $45800
Current temp paycut plus bumped to part time (only scheduled for 20 hours a week) earning about $16600 (about 64%)...with the proposed payscale wanted I will be down to about $14100 a year (about 68%). This of course is just W2 and doesnt include cuts for vacation/holiday/sick time.

So what did I win???? :down: :shock:

tadjr...I think your missing what I was getting across to DMG. He made a statement how MUCH DAL pilots gave a couple a days ago, my statement back to him was...we gave more then DAL did, 32.5% to 50% at U. I, in know way was comparing what you and your group has or haven't given up. Mine was comparing DAL to U give backs. I know we ALL at U have given, given and given...sad part is...all we're doing is simply coming down to meet the LCC's!

Flufdriver said:
DMG...before you make such statements, maybe you should research alittle. I as a pilot remember giving an initial 34% (the two parity reviews) back, then another 8% to maintain fleet size which would have saved more jobs in all work groups. I think that's 42%..now another 18% last week....averaged out about 50% pay cut...over $100,000 grand. Your right DMG, I would haved LOVED to have given what DAL pilots did...ONLY 32.5%. Plus they still have their retirement!!!!!! Get your facts right before you rag on the pilot group!!!! I would like to see you take a 50% pay cut!!!! They will be back to the DAL guys for more....that'as just round one and to buy time!!!!
Be more then happy to show you my W-2...you can divide the big number into the small number to see what persentage it was....way more then DAL's 32.5%!!! Nice try!!

Fluf
[post="196623"][/post]​

USAirways pilots took double what Delta pilots took. Its more close to 60% just in wages alone. Add the pension termiantion...and its off the charts, more than any ALPA pilots then any legacy carrier in history.

Flufdriver said:
DMG...before you make such statements, maybe you should research alittle. Nice try!!

Fluf
[post="196623"][/post]​

Hey Fluf,

Maybe before you go on a rant you should make sure that you are addressing the right person. I never mentioned Delta in my post.

Since we're on the subject, I don't care what % paycut ALPA is taking and won't give a FF when they come back for more from you guys (and they will). I think it's BS for a union leader to ask pilots to fly more in the same message that he reminds you of the exact number of pilots still on furlough. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised though. The pilot group has always been thought of as a bunch of scabs since they crossed the IAM line in the early 90's. Oh wait, I forgot, instead of actually crossing the line in PHL the scabs had vans bring them on the property through a side gate. I guess the pilot group left their nuts in the parking lot just like they did while voting earlier this month.

Let's not even begin to compare % of givebacks from the different work groups. No group has given more than the FSA and CWA beginning with the massive screwing they took throughout most of the 90's.

Nice try,

DMG

Item 1. This week, ALPA and the Company met to discuss current and projected staffing needs given the new provisions of LOA 93 and the forecast flying for the February 2005 schedule. Based on the current projections for fleet size and block hours for February, the furloughs anticipated with the increased productivity provisions of LOA 93 may be minimal, if not at all. The Company and ALPA will continue to evaluate the staffing requirements, and we will provide you with those calculations as soon as they are available. These calculations and projections will be a major driver in the next permanent bid.

So the company leads off with "dont worry we wont furlough any more" But then turns around and says volunteer to fly more. The pilots then volunteer to fly more so they can make up some lost W-2 /help the company survive bad planning. The next thing you know management will be raising your commit level per the latest agreement. They will then show you a staffing calculation that says we are not really short because you volunteer so much. " I guess we can furlough some more" Next ALPA will be posting at the bottom of every correspondence, "Please remember we have all of our pilots furloughed". Why do they post that at the bottom anyway? Does it make a difference to them, or is it to make them feel better about themselves?