Alpa Code-a-phone Update - March 16, 2005

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - March 16, 2005

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Wednesday, March 16th, with one new item.

Information on Letter of Agreement 91 (Consolidated Small Jet Agreement) has been placed on the pilots only home page under Transformation/Bankruptcy Information in response to the Company's announcement of a proposed equity investment agreement with Republic Airways Holding, Inc. Recall that LOA 91 was ratified by the pilot group in May 2004. We have posted the information that your MEC provided to all pilots prior to the LOA 91 ratification vote. This includes the education materials, Negotiating Committee road show PowerPoint Presentation, and several sections of LOA 91, Attachment B. They contain information that pilots have been requesting, such as Authority in the Event of Sale or Lease of Participating Wholly Owned Carrier Aircraft or MDA Aircraft, Authority in the Event of Change in Status of MDA, and Change in Control of MDA and Fragmentation.

We understand that after pilots view these materials, they may have more questions about the many MDA provisions contained in these documents. ALPA is evaluating all pertinent LOA 91 provisions in response to your concerns about any possible MDA transaction resulting from US Airways' proposed agreement with Republic Airways, and what US Airways' agreement with Republic could mean for MDA pilots and for all pilots on the APL list. As soon as this information is compiled, we will announce it on the code-a-phone and post it on the pilots only website. Your MEC thanks you for your patience as we work to make sure that you will have accurate answers to all of your questions.

700UW:

Is that where the IAM got its clock cleaned and about 85% of the Utility workers are going to lose their job; as well as thousands of other IAM members who are going to lose their job too, because of the IAM's position of the "concession stand is closed"?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Since you are not an IAM member let me fill you in once again, since I have told you over and over.

There was no way for the M&R group to reach an agreement, since you are not a MEC rep nor a member of your union's Negotiating Committee I would not expect you to understand that, see you could not even get elected in LGA as a rep. Shall I post the MEC Update that proves that?

Also this is a ALPA MEC Thread, and your attempt at a cheap shot about IAM members getting laid-off just shows you are in need of some serious help, just remember what comes around goes around, and when US downsizes or goes out of business, I will make sure you get kicked when your down, just like you are trying to do to IAM members.

700UW:

I am not trying to kick anybody and I did not bring up the S.1113 issue...you did. Can you tell me what effect the S.1113 issue had on ALPA?

Moreover, your account on what happened within the senior levels of the IAM is inaccurate, but "let me fill you in once again, since I have told you over and over." Nah, why waste the bandwidth.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Inaccurate?

DELETED, you are not an IAM member, IAM representative nor were you on the IAM Negotiating Committee.

Were you at CCY in the room during Negotiations?

Did not see you there, see when you are going to say something is not accurate, you actually have to be there to know exactly what transpired, see I was there, you were not.

What effect it had on ALPA?

Go Read LOA 93, and you will see the EXACT effect it had on ALPA.

Please, 700UW, don't make all of us go through this again. The IAM dropped the ball big time with the concession stand is closed routine. Sure it would of been bad, but the IAM made it worse for themselves in the end. I almost think the company is worse off because they tried to punish the IAM too much...now too much work is outsourced. That's not always a good thing

700UW said:
Did not see you there, see when you are going to say something is not accurate, you actually have to be there to know exactly what transpired, see I was there, you were not.

[post="256411"][/post]​

700 you know better he didn't have to be there Lakefield has a open door policy with 320 he knows alllllllll

The interesting thing is Lakefield did not come into the room during negotiations at all, neither did Jerry Glass.

UVN:

You're not far off because Bruce Lakefield does have an "open door" policy. By the way, I thought this topic was about the ALPA code-a-phone message, until it was hijacked by the normal crowd.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
UVN:
You're not far off because Bruce Lakefield does have an "open door" policy. By the way, I thought this topic was about the ALPA code-a-phone message, until it was hijacked by the normal crowd.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="256428"][/post]​
Lets see, do you forget how fast who it was that went off topic? Let me refresh your memory.

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:
Is that where the IAM got its clock cleaned and about 85% of the Utility workers are going to lose their job; as well as thousands of other IAM members who are going to lose their job too, because of the IAM's position of the "concession stand is closed"?
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="256397"][/post]​
This was the first post that went off topic.

USA320Pilot said:
UVN:
[post="256428"][/post]​

And you policy is open... well I won't go there