Alpa Mec Chairman’s Message To The Pilots

Jim,

That is the most stupid thing you have said on here yet.

This is an airline, a place in which if even a small amount of people, even one person, does not do their jobs, that bad things happen in a hurry. That is the nature of the business.

Yeah, 80 sick calls, but add in those that showed up, yet moved like the zombies out of the "night of the living dead", and add the malicious pulling of ID and destination tags, and purposeful misplacement of bags that is also being investigated, and you have a situation that could ground a fully staffed station.

The main issue is that IT ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING, other than being a childish and self centered means to get back at the company. If anything it hurt the IAM's and AFA's position and credibility most. And to be blunt, it ruined a bunch of people's holidays that had NOTHING to do with the issues here at US Airways, our passengers.

What bothers me most is that these idiots that pulled this crap came back.

The people that did this want some time off...? Then they should leave and just keep walking...

deano said:
You messed up itrade.....That would be holding the BAGS, in the plural :p

I don’t know how big a man you are, but I would bet a months pay you wouldn’t have the balls to say that straight in their face out there in Philly Land. I am no slouch at 200 lbs without fat and would be hard pressed to spout off those words to “menâ€￾ who have and are being abused by a ruthless clueless pathetic management team.
[post="233805"][/post]​

I've spouted at those so called "Men" that you're talking about. Nothing happened to me of course they weren't in the usually gang that they normally are which is why they appear tougher than they really are.

Mr.Pollock can wear his rose colored glasses and ignore the real problems at USAir and the other legacy carriers.
He and the pilots would naturally take this position because they still have enough compensation to make their jobs worth saving.
He does not understand the reality of the current wages of a baggage handler or F/A. More and more employees at all the legacy carriers are tired of ALL the givebacks and feel like their jobs are NOT worth saving anymore.

It is more FUN to work at a legacy carrier than to go to an amusement park. It is an ongoing soap opera that beats anything on television.