ALPA MEC Chairman's Message - May 6, 2007

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
This is MEC Chairman Jack Stephan with a Chairman’s message to the pilots for Sunday, May 6th, 2007.

I want to keep you informed of the events taking place in light of the travesty handed to us in the Nicolau arbitration ruling. Two conference calls took place yesterday, the first one being a Pilot to Pilot conference call which produced feedback and ideas that are critical to our process moving forward. Next was a conference call with the MEC Officers, key committees and legal. The purpose of the call was to share information in preparation for today’s special MEC meeting involving developing strategy and setting priorities. When examining how to challenge the integration award, we are looking at all options at our disposal, nothing has been ruled out.

I have also spoken with ALPA President, Captain John Prater many times. I expressed to him our outrage and indignation over Nicolau’s ruling. And today I participated on a conference call with Captain Prater and the AWA Vice Chairman Mitch Vasin. I informed them that they should expect action from the AAA MEC following our meeting today and tomorrow.

Today’s special MEC meeting will start at 4: pm EDT, at the Crowne Plaza , 2200 Centreville Road , Herndon , VA , phone: 703-471-6700. The MEC will discuss and evaluate all possible courses of action and we will provide you with an update on the meeting as soon as possible.

One again, continue to look out for each other out there. If you see another pilot who needs help, you need to point that pilot in the right direction. As always, keep your families first, fly safe and thanks for listening.

Regards,

USA320Pilot