ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - February 11, 2003

C

chipmunn

ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - February 11, 2003
This is Roy Freundlich with a US Airways MEC update for Tuesday, February 11, with one new item:
The Air Transportation Stabilization Board announced today that is has conditionally approved US Airways’ loan guarantee application for 900 million dollars. The Board stated that its approval is subject to several conditions before the government will activate the guarantee. This includes finalizing concession deals with workers, obtaining final bankruptcy court approval of its reorganization proposal, and resolving the pilots’ retirement plan funding issue.
The board also agreed to take a 10 percent stake in US Airways and said it may seek more agreements on other matters with the Company before the bankruptcy process ends.
The fact that the ATSB conditionally approved US Airways loan guarantee does not mitigate the excessive harm that management intends to impart on pilots’ retirement benefits. Your MEC is continuing its efforts to preserve pilots’ earned pension benefits. ALPA has filed a grievance challenging the Company''s unilateral action to terminate the pilots'' plan, and will file an objection in the bankruptcy court by the required objection date, currently February 13, and vigorously oppose the debtors'' motion at the hearing scheduled for February 20. Other internal committee activity is also being coordinated.
Please remember we have 1,827 pilots on furlough.

[blockquote]
Other internal committee activity is also being coordinated.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Translation: strike preparedness

UA767f/o

Please take your strike talk and just go home. QUIT if you do not like your job and your wages. Leave the rest of us alone.

Also are you willing to make my mortgage payments???? How about the other U employess that have taken cuts at this company? are you willing to help them feed their families??

If the job and pay are so bad, quit.

KJB

There isnt gonna be a strike , PERIOD! I assure you the majority of alpa members are furious, but only a hand full are willing to strike or even discuss it. Its amazing how many people try and stir the pot but stir all you want, there wont be a strike. There will be alot of talking bashing and yelling but in the end it comes down to this simple formula. Stike no job no pension. Save it for another day reduced pension reduced pay secure job. Ist just that simple. Smart warriors no when to save their strength for a better time, and ion this case its a lose lose situation.There will be another day !

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 1:01:13 PM av8orwife wrote:

UA767f/o

... QUIT if you do not like your job and your wages. ...

If the job and pay are so bad, quit.

KJB

----------------
[/blockquote]

First of all we do not know if UA767f/o is even at U. His whole deal may be just to stir the pot. After all he posted a real winner on the “About Striking-most just don’t get it†thread. (If you or I wanted to stir the pot, we couldn’t have come up with such a good post!)

Second, I haven’t seen many declare that things are CURRENTLY bad enough to quit over…

Third, if Trust Me Dave unilaterally makes off with more, THEN you may see a lot of people decide (coincidentally at one time) that things are bad enough that they want to quit. I hope your advice will still be as free to each and all…

Lastly, it is just my opinion, but I don’t think the pilots will get out of their seat; they are smarter than that, UA767f/o notwithstanding.

Zephyr

Helmet on, fire away[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif']