Alpa Mec Code-a-phone Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - September 10, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, September 10th, with one new item.

The MEC convened its special meeting in Pittsburgh today at the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt Hotel. Approximately 150 pilots attended the meeting with about forty pilots addressing the MEC in open session. The frank and honest dialogue between the pilots and the MEC lasted almost four hours.

During the course of the meeting, the Negotiating Committee received word that the Company had sent them a proposal for consideration. The MEC reviewed the proposal in open session and discussed strategy in closed session. A motion was passed redirecting resumed negotiations with the company. Talks could resume as early as tomorrow. The Company’s proposal is now posted on the pilots only home page under “Negotiating Committee Information.â€￾ The MEC resolution and the Negotiating Committee response will soon be available on the pilots only homepage.

A discussion of current communications concerns, strategy, and operations was also conducted. The MEC was briefed on committee preparations to address multiple scenarios.

The meeting adjourned at 7:30pm.

Prior to adjournment, the MEC reiterated their unified commitment to continue their efforts to obtain the best possible agreement for the US Airways pilots during these Transformation Plan Negotiations.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

During the first four hours of today's meeting the MEC listened to about 40 pilots address the body. Of those 26 addressed the issue of the RC4 not allowing the membership to vote on the company's September 6 proposal. 15 objected to the RC4s decision and wanted to vote on the company's proposal and 11 agreed with the RC4.

This is hardly the 90% mandate that Fred Freshwater said existed to support the RC4s position.

The next agenda item was to discuss negotiations and to review the company's proposal, which was similar to the company's opener last June. It should be noted the company has not made the pilot September DC Plan contributions that were due on or about September 7.

The last agenda item was to discuss communications strategies and no action was taken by the MEC.

The MEC meeting adjourned and the MEC is not expected to reconvene until the third quarter meeting, which has been rescheduled for the end of the month.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
During the first four hours of today's meeting the MEC listened to about 40 pilots address the body. Of those 26 addressed the issue of the RC4 not allowing the membership to vote on the company's September 6 proposal. 15 objected to the RC4s decision and wanted to vote on the company's proposal and 11 agreed with the RC4.

This is hardly the 90% mandate that Fred Freshwater said existed to support the RC4s position.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="178311"][/post]​

And this also is hardly a mandate that the Give-away-Gang says exists to support their position oh lofty spinmeister.

Let's try another group of 40 pilots.......could be 1-39 or 2-38 or ...... get the picture A320.......

The majority said I will not sell my stones when they elected people who promised and kept their promise not to.

If you want to sell your stones go to Ebay. Stones that are for sale, aren't worth much. But if you can't use them, maybe some one who knows how can.

Facts? More like your spin to further your own agenda.

40 pilots out of several thousand does not make an accurate sample for polling.

You want facts, here they are:

USA 320 wrote:
"I am holding the proxy for the LGA Captain Rep and will be a MEC member today and I will report more tonight."

If I remember correctly....

This same individual nearly crucified the PHL rep for giving his proxy to someone else, even though he was having surgery.

This same individual refers to the PIT and PHL reps as 'rookies' and yet the individual who is holding the LGA proxy is not and has never been an elected representative, nor a committee person.

This same individual who states the PIT and PHL reps are not echoing their memberships' sentiments will now be speaking on behalf of the LGA pilots who did not have enough faith in him to vote him into office. I think he received a grand total of 20 votes!

The hypocricy of this individual never ceases to amaze me.

700UW said:
Facts? More like your spin to further your own agenda.

40 pilots out of several thousand does not make an accurate sample for polling.
[post="178349"][/post]​

I read the Pittsburgh Live article posted earlier and the very same PIT/PHL MEC members who denied the membership a vote on the company's latest proposal are suing the union and the company for agreeing to the demise of the pension plan under the previous ch11 because it was not sent to the membership for a vote.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this? They are just taking whatever position is convenient for THEIR agenda.

Interesting..........

The company comes back with a proposal close to last Junes offer. Yet A320 and the give away gang were so ready to accept the company's last cuthroat offer. What a joke!

320, you should thank the RC4 for their heroism and forward thinking of trying to get the best possible deal for their pilots....THE MAJORITY!

-fatburger-

Does this latest proposal from mgt still have the 60 day window limitation for the 1113 protection? I couldn't see it anywhere.

It really doesn't matter what the majority of pilots at that meeting think. It only matters what the pilots on PIT and PHL think, since thats who the RC4 represent.

michael707767 said:
It really doesn't matter what the majority of pilots at that meeting think. It only matters what the pilots on PIT and PHL think, since thats who the RC4 represent.
[post="178391"][/post]​

Exactly. No amount of crying on behalf of the same group of 50 from LGA/DCA is going to change that, much to the annoyance of some.

Latest posts