Alpa Mec Code-a-phone Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - September 29, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Wednesday, September 29th, with five new items.

Item 1. The MEC Negotiating Committee and US Airways management have been meeting for the past two days in Pittsburgh on Transformation Plan negotiations. ALPA’s September 28th proposal to the Company is now available on the pilots only home page under “Negotiating Committee Information.â€￾ All pilots should thoroughly review this document. The Committee plans to continue meeting with management this week.

Please remember that the information provided by your Negotiating Committee is proprietary and for the sole use of US Airways pilots, and is not to be copied or disseminated. Your MEC and Negotiating Committee thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Item 2. MEC Chairman Bill Pollock has called a special MEC meeting to convene Thursday, September 30 at 10:30 a.m. at the Charlotte Marriott Executive Park. The meeting is scheduled to adjourn on Friday, October 1 at 3 p.m., or at the completion of business.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1) MDA MOU
2) ALPA Representation of retirees
3) BOD Steering Committee staffing
4) Furloughed pilot COBRA payment coverage
5) Consulting contract renewals
6) Report from the Negotiating Committee and advisors with action resulting from report

All US Airways pilots are encouraged to attend. The hotel is located at 5700 Westpark Drive in Charlotte, NC. The telephone number for transportation information at the hotel is 704-527-9650. Please be advised that portions of the meeting may be in closed session.

Item 3. Several documents were filed in Bankruptcy Court by US Airways on September 24th for Section 1113(e) interim relief and for an expedited hearing on US Airways’ motion for 1113(e) interim relief. These documents are now posted on the pilots only website under Transformation Plan/Bankruptcy.

Item 4. Due to the special MEC meeting that will convene tomorrow, the Council 138 LEC Meeting that was slated for tomorrow, September 30, will be rescheduled at a later date. The new date for the meeting will be announced through the code a phone and LEC communications.

Item 5. The Contract Hotline reports that Crew Scheduling has been telling pilots that they can fly up to 95 hours per month domestically. Please take note that the contractual limit for domestic flying remains 85 hours, with a 95 hour limit for international flying.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

"Please remember that the information provided by your Negotiating Committee is proprietary and for the sole use of US Airways pilots, and is not to be copied or disseminated. Your MEC and Negotiating Committee thank you in advance for your cooperation."

Can someone say "ethics violation"?

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
"Please remember that the information provided by your Negotiating Committee is proprietary and for the sole use of US Airways pilots, and is not to be copied or disseminated. Your MEC and Negotiating Committee thank you in advance for your cooperation."

Jim
[post="186101"][/post]​

BoeingBoy,

Maybe he can not violate what he doesn't have nor understand.

Take Care,

"Respectfully",

:wacko: UT

UAL_TECH,

I'll freely admit to a little adolescent tit for tat.

Our resident fount of knowledge once accused me of that for discussing the famous (or infamous) Glanzer report. Of course, he later quoted sections of the same report.

To maim an old saying, maybe it's not what's posted but who posts it that determines what's within the rules.

Jim

JIM,

Would you rather not have the info available to you?

I think the MEC took a BIG step to put this kind of info on the member sites as it often ends up where it shouldn't.

Maybe they should stop doing this?

I am Europe westbound today, talk at you tonight....

BoeingBoy said:

Jim
[post="186101"][/post]​

Those updates are made for public consuming. Thats why its referred to by alpa as alpas public forum!

Everything he posted above is publicly available at www.usairwayspilots.org, so exactly what is your problem?

BoeingBoy said:

Jim
[post="186101"][/post]​

For all who completely missed the point...

Yes, the code-a-phone is public but the section I quoted does not refer to code-a-phone information. Try reading before jumping to your conclusions.

The section I quoted refers to the information USA320 discussed here and here.

As I said in a separate post above. USA320 made a big deal about my discussing something in the Glanzer report on this forum - a big deal that ended with him accusing me of an "ethics violation" and (IIRC) "suggesting" that there might be reprisals from the Union. Sometime later, he had no ethics problem with quoting portions of the same report and now has no ethics problem outlining the terms of the latest proposal. Both against the admonitions of the union as stated on the ALPA site and in the above code-a-phone. Maybe those who preach from their pulpit, like USA320, should practice what they preach. Otherwise they are apt to get poked.

Jim

Jim

How true, jimntx. Perhaps I should have refrained from trying to be "cute" and just said:

"By the way, ALPA has specifically asked that the [info] not be made public and as little information that is released is best for the process."

or

"That doesn’t make it right for you to provide information .... when ALPA asked that it not be distributed. With all due respect, to me that’s an integrity violation."

Both comments from none other than:

"Respectfully,

USA320Pilot"

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
How true, jimntx. Perhaps I should have refrained from trying to be "cute" and just said:

"By the way, ALPA has specifically asked that the [info] not be made public and as little information that is released is best for the process."

or

"That doesn’t make it right for you to provide information .... when ALPA asked that it not be distributed. With all due respect, to me that’s an integrity violation."

Both comments from none other than:

"Respectfully,

USA320Pilot"

Jim
[post="186249"][/post]​

Jim, I've been down that road before with USA320Pilot on his zest to publish ALPA material. Of course, the wuss crowd always cries foul when anyone brings this up. Then again in my book USA320Pilot isn't really an ALPA member.

How about this:

-------------------
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE

September 29, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Wednesday, September 29th, with five new items.

Item 1. The MEC Negotiating Committee and US Airways management have been meeting for the past two days in Pittsburgh on Transformation Plan negotiations. ALPA’s September 28th proposal to the Company is now available on the pilots only home page under “Negotiating Committee Information.â€￾ All pilots should thoroughly review this document. The Committee plans to continue meeting with management this week.

Please remember that the information provided by your Negotiating Committee is proprietary and for the sole use of US Airways pilots, and is not to be copied or disseminated. Your MEC and Negotiating Committee thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Item 2. MEC Chairman Bill Pollock has called a special MEC meeting to convene Thursday, September 30 at 10:30 a.m. at the Charlotte Marriott Executive Park. The meeting is scheduled to adjourn on Friday, October 1 at 3 p.m., or at the completion of business.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1) MDA MOU

2) ALPA Representation of retirees

3) BOD Steering Committee staffing

4) Furloughed pilot COBRA payment coverage

5) Consulting contract renewals

6) Report from the Negotiating Committee and advisors with action resulting from report

All US Airways pilots are encouraged to attend. The hotel is located at 5700 Westpark Drive in Charlotte, NC. The telephone number for transportation information at the hotel is 704-527-9650. Please be advised that portions of the meeting may be in closed session.

Item 3. Several documents were filed in Bankruptcy Court by US Airways on September 24th for Section 1113(e) interim relief and for an expedited hearing on US Airways’ motion for 1113(e) interim relief. These documents are now posted on the pilots only website under Transformation Plan/Bankruptcy.

Item 4. Due to the special MEC meeting that will convene tomorrow, the Council 138 LEC Meeting that was slated for tomorrow, September 30, will be rescheduled at a later date. The new date for the meeting will be announced through the code a phone and LEC communications.

Item 5. The Contract Hotline reports that Crew Scheduling has been telling pilots that they can fly up to 95 hours per month domestically. Please take note that the contractual limit for domestic flying remains 85 hours, with a 95 hour limit for international flying.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.
-------------------

So now I, a non-ALPA member, have posted it. What ya gonna do about it?

funguy2 said:
Ahhh yes... As I've said before... Those in glass cockpits should not throw stones...
[post="186254"][/post]​

Where did the term "cockpit" come from anyway? Hmmmm :p

Main Entry: cock·pit
Pronunciation: 'käk-"pit
Function: noun
1 a : a pit or enclosure for cockfights b : a place noted for especially bloody, violent, or long-continued conflict (wow is that true these days at US Airways!!)
2 obsolete : the pit of a theater
3 : a compartment in a sailing warship used as quarters for junior officers and for treatment of the wounded in an engagement
4 : a space or compartment in a usually small vehicle (as a boat, airplane, or automobile) from which it is steered, piloted, or driven

ITRADE said:
How about this:

So now I, a non-ALPA member, have posted it. What ya gonna do about it?

The contents of the ALPA Code-a-Phone are NOT the "the information provided by your Negotiating Committee [that] is proprietary and for the sole use of US Airways pilots." What's being referenced here are previous posts made by a certain LGA-based Airbus pilot well known for rude, discourteous posts follwed up by "Respectfully." For example, disclosing the contents of ALPA's September 28 proposal to management might be considered disseminating proprietary information provided by the Negotiating Committee.

Latest posts