Alpa Special Mec Meeting Called

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
TO: US Airways MEC

DATE: May 12, 2005

SUBJECT: Special MEC Meeting Notice – May 19 and 20, 2005

In accordance with Article IV, Section 3 D (1) of the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws, MEC Chairman Bill Pollock hereby notifies the MEC that a Special MEC Meeting has been called for Thursday, May 19, 2005, at 9:30 a.m., and will adjourn Friday, May 20, 2005 at 5:00 p.m., or at the completion of business.

The Special MEC Meeting will be held at the Pittsburgh Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108, Phone: 412-262-2400, fax: 412-264-9373.

The agenda for the meeting is:

1) Briefing by the Negotiating Committee and MDA Working Group regarding MDA issues.
2) Consideration of selection of a merger counsel.
3) Consideration of selection of an investment banker.
4) Consideration of the staffing of the Merger Committee and potential election of a Merger Committee member or members.
5) Discussion of the need for an assessment of the membership regarding merger expenses.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

when will the corporate announcement take place?

awa annual stock holders meeting 17may

usa mec meeting 19-20 may

maybe friday or this weekend for the big announcement?

USA320Pilot said:
TO: US Airways MEC

DATE: May 12, 2005

SUBJECT: Special MEC Meeting Notice – May 19 and 20, 2005
[post="268830"][/post]​

That's not even on the pilot's only section of the ALPA site. What was someone saying about releasing confidential information?

Jim

That's the cheapest tactic I've every seen--at the time when BoeingBoy posted it, it was not on the pilot's website. You waited (probably hoping it would show up on the public side) and then posted the response. Unreal!

Clue:

No you're wrong...again. Bill Pollock's email was sent out this morning, it was made public at that time, and I received a copy of his email while in San Diego. I posted the email on this message board then I flew to Philadelphia and then to New York. After my trip completion I went online and Jack Stephen's committee posted the meeting information.

There was no "hoping it would show up" on the public site because all MEC meeting notices appear on the code-a-phone.

I did not make a "cheap shot", unlike others in this thread.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You beat me to it Clue. I guess I haven't gotten the memo on the change of official MEC spokesman - here I was thinking that Stephens still released the official MEC messages......

Jim

ps - the automatic e-mail with the code-a-phone message was time-stamped 8:53 PM tonight - wonder how someone got official MEC communications over 8 hours before they were released to the rest of the pilots? Sure doesn't sound like my dues at work.

PineyBob said:
Amen Jim,

Have you noticed USA320's Silence on the 55 Million in retention/severance bonuses? Not enough lipstick made in the universe for that pig. BTW USA320 at FFOCUS we do have a few leftover tubes of "Bimbo Red" Lipstick available if you want to try and cover the pig.
[post="269149"][/post]​
someone call??

PineyBob said:
Amen Jim,

Have you noticed USA320's Silence on the 55 Million in retention/severance bonuses? Not enough lipstick made in the universe for that pig.

In my opinion, the fact that these obscene bonuses were announced is proof enough some kind of deal is about to be inked. Management does not care what "broken" labor thinks..about anything. This is simply management making sure they are well paid for their exit. Greeter.

PineyBob:

I have not viewed the "Bonuses Inflame Air Unions" topic because I believed it would have a poor debate. It appears my thought on this subject has spilled over to this topic.

As I indicated in another topic somewhere in this forum, I believe many MSP employees deserve a severance package just like union employees. Accountants, planners, analysts, IT personnel, consumer affairs personnel, secretary’s, or people who work payroll all need money to transition to a new company to support their family when they’re laid off. Moreover, it’s very important that these people remain with the company during the two-year transition period and are part of the integration team to fully combine operations.

In regard to senior management I believe they should receive whatever their employment contract calls for, just like union employees. There is no question that corporate greed exists in America and I do not support this.

I agree with US Airways ALPA Communication Committee Chairman Jack Stephen’s public comment when he said, “If this is true, and if it is not in line with the financial and operational templates for salaried employees at other low-cost carriers, ALPA will utilize every available venue to oppose this filing. MEC Chairman Bill Pollock will address this matter directly with senior management tomorrow, and we'll report the outcome of his meeting with management on the code a phone and website.â€￾

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Too bad it is not legal for the unions to file a section 1113 against Lakefield and the rest of the thieves at CCY, they used the law to break the union contracts, turnabout should only be fair play.

PineyBob said:
There are ways to be heard before the Judge 700UW. Get your dead assed union on it. It's why you pay dues.
[post="269220"][/post]​
Get your dead assed union on it.
what did he say??? please tell me what did he say??
dues structure is down we're short on monies...

I was in court during the Section 1113e hearings and I was in DC during the C hearings, the judge is in the company's pocket.