Already pre-scheduling 321 fuel stops?

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
So today I got both an email and an automated phone call telling me of a schedule change for a flight on December 30, US 733 operating CLT-LAX.

The only change I could find is that they pushed the scheduled arrival time out by an hour from when we first booked it. The flight is a 321 from CLT-LAX. Having taken that plenty of times both in the summer and winter, I know that there is usually not much more than a 15 minute time difference due to winds.

Are they already going through the schedule and adding times to transcon 321 routes so that if they do have to stop for fuel, they still could be on time to the final destination?

Why would you subject yourself to a US transcon in the first place? CO, AA, DL and UA offer much better service and product.

Giving the passengers sharp pointy things and then telling them that their non-stop flight is going to make a stop might be bad for the agent's health....... :eek:

Jim

Why would you subject yourself to a US transcon in the first place? CO, AA, DL and UA offer much better service and product.

Our trip is actually one-way PBI-CLT-LAX. Originally we were PBI-LAS-LAX, but in September they dropped PBI-LAS on 12/30, and I checked today and it's back. When they originally pulled the PBI-LAS, they rebooked us PBI-CLT-LAS-LAX because the LAS-LAX got pushed from 11:50 pm to 12:05 am on the 31st, and the agents thought that was our "return" flight. No joke, it took 20 minutes to convince the agent that we were on a one-way ticket.

I also inquired about switching us to FLL-LAS-LAX, when they pulled the PBI-LAS but they wanted to charge us a $100 change fee even though they took our flight away.

As for subjecting ourselves to US, we used credits from previous bad encounters we had, so it's costing us nothing.

Oh c'mon, transcon isn't that bad. I fly DCA-PHX-SEA almost every week. Things have definitely improved in the past three months. I haven't had any non-weather delays, web site problems, bad service in First or upgrade issues. My only complaint is there's still no glassware in First, which is quite honestly ridiculous given HP flights have glassware.

I used to be down on US transcon until I flew UA SEA-IAD in First a few weeks ago. It was better, yes, but nothing earth shattering.

Stop kidding yourselves. US transcon is WAAAAAY below what others offer in terms of inflight service. A slight upgrade in food and your STILL not getting linen, glassware or semi drinkable wine. It's STILL cheap while fares are pretty much in line with everyone else.

Stop kidding yourselves. US transcon is WAAAAAY below what others offer in terms of inflight service. A slight upgrade in food and your STILL not getting linen, glassware or semi drinkable wine. It's STILL cheap while fares are pretty much in line with everyone else.

The -321 is not a suitable transcon aircraft. It's a bastardized product, an attempt at a cheap 757 replacement. Get a Hummer and drop a four-banger in it and a 10-gallon gas tank and you have the idea.

Oh c'mon, transcon isn't that bad. I fly DCA-PHX-SEA almost every week. Things have definitely improved in the past three months. I haven't had any non-weather delays, web site problems, bad service in First or upgrade issues. My only complaint is there's still no glassware in First, which is quite honestly ridiculous given HP flights have glassware.

I used to be down on US transcon until I flew UA SEA-IAD in First a few weeks ago. It was better, yes, but nothing earth shattering.
i am going to call bs on this claim!!
i've read recent comparative transcon trip reports on other sites and there is indeed no comparison between f service on real airlines and "swoosh".

That is just a bunch of baloney. I've flown UA transcon and US does not compare. US doesn't serve ice cream sundaes--UA does. US doesn't serve decent wine--UA does. US doesn't serve hot nuts--UA does. US doesn't offer a bread basked--UA does. US doesn't serve meals in courses--UA does. Not sure which aircraft you flew on, so can't comment on inflight entertainment.

Now, you didn't say that you flew UA in F, but I am assuming you did. If you were sitting in Y, then I can see you saying that UA is only a little better assuming you were not sitting in Y+

Our trip is actually one-way PBI-CLT-LAX. Originally we were PBI-LAS-LAX, but in September they dropped PBI-LAS on 12/30, and I checked today and it's back. When they originally pulled the PBI-LAS, they rebooked us PBI-CLT-LAS-LAX because the LAS-LAX got pushed from 11:50 pm to 12:05 am on the 31st, and the agents thought that was our "return" flight. No joke, it took 20 minutes to convince the agent that we were on a one-way ticket.

I also inquired about switching us to FLL-LAS-LAX, when they pulled the PBI-LAS but they wanted to charge us a $100 change fee even though they took our flight away.

As for subjecting ourselves to US, we used credits from previous bad encounters we had, so it's costing us nothing.

DUDE...Call US and ask for the PBI-LAS-LAX nonstop...It beat's the CLT-LAX flt...

LOL at "Swoosh"

Our transcon in coach is pretty similar to everyone else's when the F/As bother to do what they are supposed to. Aside from our lame IFE... only NW is worse in that respect.

Now transcon in First, you got to be kidding me. US product is a JOKE... no glassware, no hot towels, no appetizer, crap food, broken seats, same bad IFE (unless you count the new "stare at your flight attendant put your crappo meal together over a garbage can" show via the reconfigured planes). I've flown midcon segments on other carriers that are better than our transcon offering. Some of the other carriers Express carriers have more amenities in their first class cabin on RJs than we do on our transcons. Plastic party cups? Please, US First Class product is appalling, especially on transcons.

LOL at "Swoosh"

Our transcon in coach is pretty similar to everyone else's when the F/As bother to do what they are supposed to. Aside from our lame IFE... only NW is worse in that respect.

Now transcon in First, you got to be kidding me. US product is a JOKE... no glassware, no hot towels, no appetizer, crap food, broken seats, same bad IFE (unless you count the new "stare at your flight attendant put your crappo meal together over a garbage can" show via the reconfigured planes). I've flown midcon segments on other carriers that are better than our transcon offering. Some of the other carriers Express carriers have more amenities in their first class cabin on RJs than we do on our transcons. Plastic party cups? Please, US First Class product is appalling, especially on transcons.
You Easties need to demand glassware on transcons, and any meal flights in f/c. What a total embarassement. We are all the same company now, and they can't find room for a few trays of glassware in your galley?? Bullsh!t!!! I say flood Sherry Shamless and Linda Fry with your emails. :angry: