Am I eligible for passes..?

Jun 20, 2003
Here's the question,

I resigned USAirways in Jun 05 with 23 years service. At the time of my resignation my years of service plus my age equaled 67.

Could I claim a retired pass..?? I had friends who resigned months ago, they all got a retired flight pass.
They told me 65 is the magic number to be eligible.

Whata think..??

SL

Here's the question,

I resigned USAirways in Jun 05 with 23 years service. At the time of my resignation my years of service plus my age equaled 67.

Could I claim a retired pass..?? I had friends who resigned months ago, they all got a retired flight pass.

Whata think..??

SL

I think the 65 rule only applies to those who left after Sep 05

SL
Smartest,

I don't have the documentation at hand, but my memory seems to be that the "65" magic number was put into place for all those who left after Sept 2005 and during the calendar year of 2006, due to the anticipated mass exodus of long term (but not yet 25 years of service)employees from PIT and CCY as the merger was implemented.

Example, they wanted to give something to the 44 yr old with 22 years of service... under old rules, he/she was SOL, under this window, they would be able to non rev.

IIRC, this is a one time shot for those who leave in this time frame, if you left before Sept 2005 or after Dec 2006, you would revert back to the old guidelines.

I'll try to find something to back this up, but I think I am correct

What is a real crock about the "65" program is that if you are 55 with ten years of service, you got your pass. If you were 42 with 22 years of serivce, you were SOL. Many people got royally screwed in the "65" program.