Amazed At The Aa F/a Focus.....

jsn25911

Senior
Dec 20, 2003
I have just read several messages that someone emailed me from other boards.
I just have to respond.

First, we all should be working together against AA, not fighting each other. We are not the enemy. We all want a better contract, work rules, a job that supports us, etc.

However, some people are expressing so much hatred for the TWA people, they can not focus on the real issues - rather they are focusing on scare tactics.

Chris Grandidlo: I have always paid my dues. Why shouldn't I have the same benefit that you do in voting? You are so worried about making my vote invalid that you can not address the horrible conditions of your work environment. My vote will be based on the persons that I think will improve the contract and get ALL f/a's what we deserve. The seniority issue is not the focus on this election- because that will only be settled in court. You are so running scared of incorrect information that you can not see what this election is about. So, please come on this board and get to know us and the truth.

jsn25911 said:
I have just read several messages that someone emailed me from other boards.
I just have to respond.

First, we all should be working together against AA, not fighting each other. We are not the enemy. We all want a better contract, work rules, a job that supports us, etc.

However, some people are expressing so much hatred for the TWA people, they can not focus on the real issues - rather they are focusing on scare tactics.

Chris Grandidlo: I have always paid my dues. Why shouldn't I have the same benefit that you do in voting? You are so worried about making my vote invalid that you can not address the horrible conditions of your work environment. My vote will be based on the persons that I think will improve the contract and get ALL f/a's what we deserve. The seniority issue is not the focus on this election- because that will only be settled in court. You are so running scared of incorrect information that you can not see what this election is about. So, please come on this board and get to know us and the truth.
I just don't get it. All I wanted was MY job (which I no longer have, Thank you very much!), on TW planes, flying TW routes, out of TW bases and the AA F/As hate me because I am TWA? That is just plain pitiful. Not surprising, just pitiful. The AA F/As are reaping the hatred anger they, themelves, have sown.

Trans World First

Your perception of what happens during a buy out is a little warped. I always find it interesting how its always AA's fault you are on furlough. Conditions over the past 3 years have been the absolute worst for the airlines. Your former company probably would not even be around today. All AA employees have taken a hit with either wage/benefit loss or furough all together. When it comes to business as an employee you are an asset. They can move, change or discontinue the way things operate any time they want. AA had big intentions when they purchased the assests of TWA. It was just really bad timing. I don't know anyone that hates TWA employees but it thats how you justify your situation thats up to you.

MiAAmi said:
Your perception of what happens during a buy out is a little warped. I always find it interesting how its always AA's fault you are on furlough.
No, I don't blame AA that I am furloughed. I blame John Ward and the APFA that "negotiated" the restructuring agreement. He was intent on getting rid of us. So much so, that any creative negotiating that would have mitigated furloughs wasn't even considered. I constantly shake my head at the different things I've been reading on the message boards. The nAAtives are so fixated on the seniority issue and not the issue of what the Ward administration has done to this workforce. What kind of "union" (using the term very loosely), gives back furlough pay? Incredible! The seniority issue will be decided by the courts. The harm that has been caused by John Ward the APFA to the flight attendant profession will be evident for years and years to come.

MiAAmi said:
Your perception of what happens during a buy out is a little warped. I always find it interesting how its always AA's fault you are on furlough. Conditions over the past 3 years have been the absolute worst for the airlines. Your former company probably would not even be around today. All AA employees have taken a hit with either wage/benefit loss or furough all together. When it comes to business as an employee you are an asset. They can move, change or discontinue the way things operate any time they want. AA had big intentions when they purchased the assests of TWA. It was just really bad timing. I don't know anyone that hates TWA employees but it thats how you justify your situation thats up to you.
My perception of what happens in a merger is that the parties involved will not be lied to, taken advantage of, and will be treated fairly. Yeah, warped, I know.

I agree with onceoza with regards to Ward. He was so intent on screwing us, he gave you all a helping, too.

And as for whether TWA would be still standing after 9/11, I have no doubt that we would have. Operationally, we were the first back on our feet; financially AWA was in worse shape and is still here. That type of thinking, "oh, you'd all be gone anyhow" just justifies the wrongdoing.

Maami, you were right right when you stated "as an employee you are an asset." It is just disgusting me that AA/APFA/APA ensured that 16,000+ of TWA's assets vanished.

Trans World First

MiAAmi said:
MiAAmi--respectfully, we would have been around. AA/TWA arranged this deal.
TWA was bought in the bargain basement, while our executives got out with their golden parachutes. May I run this by you?....Sometimes the Mother corp. needs to hide assets, funnels money with off-shore accounts...etc., and uses one of its "step-children" to show the loses. It happens time and time again. Please, we were not going out of business and were heavily courted-one being Boeing. AA ASKED that we file so the sale would be approved by the DOT-they approved by specifically telling Don Carty that it would NOT go thru unless the "employees" were guaranteed jobs. Don Carty testified before the DOT that we would be treated fairly--We were not saved by AA and we were screwed by APFA.
That is just what AA wanted-to get rid of it's highest paid employees.
AA's big intentions were to show big losses,hide profits elsewhere-IMO
If I am leaving anything out, guys, let me know.
And I thank you for your kind reply explaining your post about the "5 yrs".
That was very nice, my apologies for jumping on that.

onceoza said:
No, I don't blame AA that I am furloughed. I blame John Ward and the APFA that "negotiated" the restructuring agreement. He was intent on getting rid of us. So much so, that any creative negotiating that would have mitigated furloughs wasn't even considered. I constantly shake my head at the different things I've been reading on the message boards. The nAAtives are so fixated on the seniority issue and not the issue of what the Ward administration has done to this workforce. What kind of "union" (using the term very loosely), gives back furlough pay? Incredible! The seniority issue will be decided by the courts. The harm that has been caused by John Ward the APFA to the flight attendant profession will be evident for years and years to come.
John Ward was also head of this union when we negotiated the best contract we ever had. Before you start blaming John for all your troubles I still think we are better off than had AA gone into BK.

TransWorldFirst said:
My perception of what happens in a merger is that the parties involved will not be lied to, taken advantage of, and will be treated fairly. Yeah, warped, I know.

I agree with onceoza with regards to Ward. He was so intent on screwing us, he gave you all a helping, too.

And as for whether TWA would be still standing after 9/11, I have no doubt that we would have. Operationally, we were the first back on our feet; financially AWA was in worse shape and is still here. That type of thinking, "oh, you'd all be gone anyhow" just justifies the wrongdoing.

Maami, you were right right when you stated "as an employee you are an asset." It is just disgusting me that AA/APFA/APA ensured that 16,000+ of TWA's assets vanished.

Trans World First
You sure do play the victim role well. I really doubt that AMR planned to waste tons of money just to get rid of you. Besides no one forced you to sign away your seniority clause. TWA was in dire straights and you know it. You all took a gamble and it just didn't work out like you would have liked. Do you think that when I voted for our last "industry leading" contract that I thought that in a couple years I would have to give alot of it back? Things change and we all have had to make sacrifices, save the poor me for the Smilin Jack Board.

woztwa said:
MiAAmi--respectfully, we would have been around. AA/TWA arranged this deal.
TWA was bought in the bargain basement, while our executives got out with their golden parachutes. May I run this by you?....Sometimes the Mother corp. needs to hide assets, funnels money with off-shore accounts...etc., and uses one of its "step-children" to show the loses. It happens time and time again. Please, we were not going out of business and were heavily courted-one being Boeing. AA ASKED that we file so the sale would be approved by the DOT-they approved by specifically telling Don Carty that it would NOT go thru unless the "employees" were guaranteed jobs. Don Carty testified before the DOT that we would be treated fairly--We were not saved by AA and we were screwed by APFA.
That is just what AA wanted-to get rid of it's highest paid employees.
AA's big intentions were to show big losses,hide profits elsewhere-IMO
If I am leaving anything out, guys, let me know.
And I thank you for your kind reply explaining your post about the "5 yrs".
That was very nice, my apologies for jumping on that.
TWA was on its way out way before 9/11. I respect everyones loyalty to their ex-company but it wasn't AA that killed it. AA tried to pull it in and unfortunatly world evernts and an economy that went south. As always I wish everyone luck and hopefully a speedy call back.

okay peeps,let's quit beating the dead horse[AA vs TWA] what's done is done .hows about some simple ciphering of what transcribed......AMR bought the assests of an ailing COMPETITOR ie landing slots at controlled airports ,intl gates and a few LITTLE extras that come with the name[employees,mtx facilities,other hubs]when the world stopped,it was time to think what was really not needed.aircraft not currently compatible ,routes not financially viable or overlapping, mtx and hub facilities. if you feel you've been screwed call your union folks who agreed to terms of integration, if you feel only execs made out on the deal go back to school and earn your mba in finance. the little man usually gets the bone ,lifes not fair, shouldve learned that a long time ago[unless of course they didn't keep score when you played soccer or little league either]IN SHORT MOVE ON GET OVER IT BLAH BLAH BLAH.

MiAAmi said:
John Ward was also head of this union when we negotiated the best contract we ever had. Before you start blaming John for all your troubles I still think we are better off than had AA gone into BK.
miAAmi;

Your DEFINITELY correct, when you say(in the long run)(my words), "we would have been better off if we DID go BK.

NH/BB's

MiAAmi said:
miAAmi;
Your ALSO correct, when you say that John Ward got you guys the best contract, that AA F/a's ever had.

To this day, I'll never understand why JW "caved" in to those DELETED in HDQ.

You will never know how many of us FSC's, and AMT's(because our "so called union $UCKS), were praying JW held out.

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
miAAmi;
Your ALSO correct, when you say that John Ward got you guys the best contract, that AA F/a's ever had.

You will never know how many of us FSC's, and AMT's(because our "so called union $UCKS), were praying JW held out.

NH/BB's
The FA's voting NO would have had little effect on the Mechs and FSC. Our agreement was written to stay in effect during a BK proceeding. We would have lost the profit sharing and stock options if any group voted no but the rest would have stayed the same.

AAmech said:
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
miAAmi;

NH/BB's
The FA's voting NO would have had little effect on the Mechs and FSC. Our agreement was written to stay in effect during a BK proceeding. We would have lost the profit sharing and stock options if any group voted no but the rest would have stayed the same.
We voted NO and then Wardo sold us out. Yes, Wardo did get us the best contract in flight attendant history back in 2001, but the money got to him during concession time. It's time to get the old out and the new in. I hope Wardo comes back to the line in IDF. Those senior mommas will eat him alive! :lol:

Liveinahotel writes:
It's time to get the old out and the new in. I hope Wardo comes back to the line in IDF. Those senior mommas will eat him alive!

JSN writes:
I was on reelect ward site and wondered what his hands were protecting in his picture. I think he is already starting to protect himself. LOL.