America, Land of the free?

Well, I don't see a problem with it, but since I am an inquisitive man, I must ask...

What happens when a white cop drags a non-white non-voter to the polls?

Reactions: 3 people
Don't get me wrong! I believe everyone should vote. In fact it is their duty to do so.----- But I also believe the Government, any Government, doesn't have the right to force you to do so! This country was founded on the principles of free choose. And anytime you allow the Government to take that away from you, no matter  how righteous, or or trivial , you may think that would be, you're starting down a dangerous path!

Reactions: 1 person
Ms Tree said:
Not a fan of mandatory voting but I think automatic registration would be a very good idea.
I'm not a fan of "mandatory" anything Tree! " ------ Automatic registration? With proper identification, maybe.

signals said:
Well, I don't see a problem with it, but since I am an inquisitive man, I must ask...

What happens when a white cop drags a non-white non-voter to the polls?
Sharpton gets more TV time

Reactions: 3 people
Tragic,------- But now obama is proposing sending the police to your door to drag you kicking, and screaming, off to the ballet box to vote!
What kind of person needs to be drug kicking and screaming to vote?

If you have a Government that:
Regulates what type of lightbulb you can buy
Records your every phone call via NSA
Tell you what you child is allowed to learn in their school

Then I'd saw we have precious little freedom

Ever think this may be an attempt to legitimize the illegal immigrant voters by bringing them in under this proposed "mandatory" mandate!!!  

Unless you consider dragging the trailer trash haters from lower Alabama to the polls to vote for the next iteration of McCain/Palin.

Or the trailer trash from the inner city to vote for the next Al Sharpton endorsee.

"Trailer trash"? That sounds racial to me brother! ------- And Sir,
please don't slander the great State of Alabama!!!

MCI transplant said:
Ever think this may be an attempt to legitimize the illegal immigrant voters by bringing them in under this proposed "mandatory" mandate!!!  

How? Voting requirements are not being talked about. Just mandatory voting.

I do not understand how the idea of getting more people to the voting booth is a bad thing? I am not in favor of mandating it although there are several countries that do but the fact that only 36% of the eligible voters turned out for the mid terms is pretty pathetic.

Voting should be on a weekend when most people are off, the voting booths should be open earlier and stay open later, registration should be automatic upon verification. There are a lot of ways to make it easier bit for some reason many want to make it more difficult. We are supposed to be a representative republic. Lets get people represented.