America West To Return To Colorado Springs (COS)

UA777DEN

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
America West will return to Colorado''s 2nd largest city on December 1st.
After 9/11 America West slashed there Phoenix (PHX) flights and America West Express operated by Mesa Air began operating 6 daily flights.
The 6 CRJ flights will be replaced by 3 CRJ flights and 2 737-300 flights.
Loads must be doing extremely well. In a few months, the existing 6x daily CRJ service will be upgraded to 8x daily service before America West begins operating again.
America West Express will continue to operate it''s 2 daily CRJ flights from Las Vegas (LAS).
Anyone know whether any of the 3 CRJ flights will be operated by Mesa Air''s new CRJ-700s?
Regards

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/9/2002 6:31:49 PM UA777DEN wrote:

America West will return to Colorado's 2nd largest city on December 1st.

The 6 CRJ flights will be replaced by 3 CRJ flights and 2 737-300 flights.

Loads must be doing extremely well. In a few months, the existing 6x daily CRJ service will be upgraded to 8x daily service before America West begins operating again.
[/blockquote]

This is good news. But, I'm confused--Dec. 1 IS only a few months away. You mean Mesa's going to add two extra flights for only a month or so, and then drop back down to three?

mga707,

That's right.

I think they add the 2 additional flights in a couple weeks. Then it will be dropped to 3 flights on December 1 and America West will add 2 737-300 flights to fill in the capacity.

Regards

Mesa just announced today that they will leave CMH on OCT 27. They have 3 CRJ's out there, and they will be moved to PHX for MFR and BIL service starting in OCT. Also the increased COS service. The Freedom -700's are still set for FAT and LAX.

Loads to COS have been HUGE. I'm glad to see HP picking it back up. IT's been over due. I can't remember the last time I took less than 45 folks up there!