American Air, American Eagle To Add Flights From D

AAquila

Senior
Sep 22, 2002
11:30am 02/07/05
American Air, American Eagle to add flights from DFW (AMR) By Heather Wilson
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- American Airlines and American Eagle said Monday that in response to increased deamnd at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, the carriers will add additional service from the Texas airport. American, a unit of AMR Corp. (AMR) , said that both airlines plan to have 839 departures a day from its DFW hub by July. The airline attributed the increased demand to its new lower fare structure.

I thought for sure PVD would make the list for a 2nd DFW flight...still 12 more flights allocate, maybe there's hope! BOS gets another DFW for 11 daily and BDL loses one to 3...

jimntx said:
According to the report on Yahoo Biz, the increase is 119 flights/day over July, 2004 bringing total departures at DFW to 550.

Link to Yahoo article
[post="246065"][/post]​

Additional info from a friend in mgt. at DFW...

Of the 119 additional flights/day, 45 will be AA. The rest are AE. AE is really going to have to go on a hiring binge. A lot of the flying from DFW by them is on the CRJs which require 2 f/as.

With over 500 flights a day at DFW, you are telling me that AA is worried about WN running an additional 40 flights a day at DAL. I get the feeling someone is still crying wolf. WN would still be under 180 flights a day even if they added 40. Just my thoughts.........

Not to much hiring! they just got ride of the DFW CRJ base! all CRJ crews will be based on ORD. Why would AMR take there best airplane out of there home town hub unless they had something better to replace it.....EMB-170/190?

coolflyingfool said:
With over 500 flights a day at DFW, you are telling me that AA is worried about WN running an additional 40 flights a day at DAL. I get the feeling someone is still crying wolf. WN would still be under 180 flights a day even if they added 40. Just my thoughts.........
[post="246199"][/post]​

EVERYBODY worries about ANYTHING WN does!!! They're the most POWERFUL airline in the world!

AAmech said:
EVERYBODY worries about ANYTHING WN does!!! They're the most POWERFUL airline in the world!
[post="247223"][/post]​

Question:

Does WN pay their Mechanics "market rates"?

Answer:

Depends on what you mean by "market rates."

Seniority produces a great deal of friction in the airline mechanics market.

Great response MWeiss!!! LOL, It doesn't matter what market it is...Seniority produces a great deal of friction in any airline job including F/A's! ( I mean all we do is open soda cans anyway )

Decision 2004 said:
Question:

Does WN pay their Mechanics "market rates"?
[post="247259"][/post]​

If I was to take their pay at face value I'd say their payed in excess of "market rates". But if I apply the same amfa logic applied to our pay and calculate in a 25% reduction due to the lack of a Company paid retirement plan and maybe another 15-20% cut to make up for the lack of Retiree Health plan it starts looking like they are grossly underpaid! :shock:

AAmech said:
If I was to take their pay at face value I'd say their payed in excess of "market rates".  But if I apply the same amfa logic applied to our pay and calculate in a 25% reduction due to the lack of a Company paid retirement plan and maybe another 15-20% cut to make up for the lack of Retiree Health plan it starts looking like they are grossly underpaid! :shock:
[post="247415"][/post]​

You forgot to give them credit for superior employee stock ownership distribution and matching 401K.

That leaves their mechanics paid superior to the TWU mechanics at the worlds LARGEST carrier.

And in addition, they are bringing overhual maintenance in-house, while the TWU suffers more outsource of work daily.

BTW, Can you tell us how much back-shop component overhaul work from the 737 CFM-56 Engine the TWU has secured?

I see the Teardown and Build-up Tooling has made its way inside the building but I have yet to see one piece of tooling for the back-shop overhaul work.

Surely the TWU is not going to allow AA to outsource the engine module overhaul in another power by the hour outsource agreement that outsources all component overhaul?

I hear the engine modules will not even be tore down, it will be break the engine into three modules and load them on a truck for overhaul outside AA gates.

SWA Contract
AAmech said:
If I was to take their pay at face value I'd say their payed in excess of "market rates". But if I apply the same amfa logic applied to our pay and calculate in a 25% reduction due to the lack of a Company paid retirement plan and maybe another 15-20% cut to make up for the lack of Retiree Health plan it starts looking like they are grossly underpaid! :shock:
[post="247415"][/post]​

You do know that you are a liar. SWA has the best 401k in the industry and I only wished I had their plan at this point. As far as the retiree medical, once again, stop the lies. SWA trades sick leave for full medical up to 2000 hours, you give 12 "hours" of sick leave for each month of coverage. They still accrue 12 days or 96 hours a year. Now us AAers, pre-fund for 25 years to get coverage till age 65. SWA goes beyond 65, in fact age 74 for an age 60 retiree who cashed in 2000 hours of sick time. At AA, the twu gets us to prefund, 5 days a year to accrue and a whopping max of $1250 for our sick time at retirement. Try sticking to facts next time, I know you twu bubba believers are desperate but no reason to lie.

7 MONTHS and 10 Days till the twu can't hide behind the compAAny and escape an election....