American Airlines Cancels Flight Due to Hostile Passengers

ReadyNow

May 21, 2008
Does anyone have the "rest of the story" on this?

American Airlines canceled a flight from Florida to New York because the passengers were angry and hostile.
MYFOXNY.COM -- A flight from Florida to New York Sunday night never got off the ground. That's because after the flight crew arrived late, angry and impatient passengers got verbally agitated and hostile. Apparently it was so bad, the crew wasn't comfortable working the flight so they refused to take off. Dick Brennan has the exclusive report. SideBar

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Home/De....1.1&sflg=1

Does anyone have the "rest of the story" on this?

American Airlines canceled a flight from Florida to New York because the passengers were angry and hostile.
MYFOXNY.COM -- A flight from Florida to New York Sunday night never got off the ground. That's because after the flight crew arrived late, angry and impatient passengers got verbally agitated and hostile. Apparently it was so bad, the crew wasn't comfortable working the flight so they refused to take off. Dick Brennan has the exclusive report. SideBar

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Home/De....1.1&sflg=1

The passengers got what they deserved. We have a right to refuse to fly for Hostile Conditions.

Probably was a MIA-JFK Airbus... waiting on a connecting crew from another Airbus that took a long MTC delay....

Passengers on their 79.00 competing with Jet blue and spirit tickets...

Those rude (deleted by moderator) New Yorkers! They can be a handful on any flight. I'm betting the crew played it down and they were actually much worse than they let on.

Sometimes an in-coming crew can be held up in customs, or for any number of reasons delaying them to the gate, including the flight they just came off of was late.

In this "me" society we've made for ourselves, it's all about us and no one else. No people I've ever met can rub salt in that wound like a New Yorker!

Those rude New Yorkers! They can be a handful on any flight. I'm betting the crew played it down and they were actually much worse than they let on.

Sometimes an in-coming crew can be held up in customs, or for any number of reasons delaying them to the gate, including the flight they just came off of was late.

In this "me" society we've made for ourselves, it's all about us and no one else. No people I've ever met can rub salt in that wound like a New Yorker!

Did you take a survey to determine that they were New Yorkers or only new Yorkers creating the situation? What evidence do you have that New Yorkers were at fault here?

I'm interested in seeing the proof that they were New Yorkers or all New Yorkers.

Bad passengers, not surprising, the weeding process has begun both for passengers and flight crews.

Expect things to get nastier on-board, obese passengers and flight crews fighting over fees, food crumbs, and lousy service.

Future passengers will bring more baggage onboard too., not just the one with wheelies either.

But mental ones as well, the housing crises, fuel, food, unemployment, marital problems will all be packed in like sardines on this silver tube with wings.

If you can't be a Dr.Phil, Oprah, or a Jerry Springer, you've better start sending out resumes soon.

Good Luck to all.

Hey Hopeful - TFC - either of you been at a JFK or LGA bound gate when either a delay or cancellation is announced? Ever been at that gate when it happens in MIA?

I have, more than a few times.

I was being nice!

Most New Yorkers are (Deleted by Moderator), period! Rude, obnoxious, self centered, foul mouthed abusive . . . the list goes on. Denial is fruitless.

They're New Yorkers, it's expected.

AA could solve the majority of that by simply removing those broken down airbus' from any New York flight schedule. AA's aging aircraft is just built to provoke, and it does.

Most New Yorkers would tell me to E S & D for not being descriptive enough about them. No doubt this plane was full of New Yorkers headed home after a holiday weekend in the Caribbean. To have the last leg of their journey delayed, then cancelled like that, I'm surprised there were no fisticuffs at the gate!

I've found people who've never been to or lived in New York are generally the ones that love to perpetuate the myth that all NY'ers are rude,pushy loudmouths who have a fit when things don't go their way.

It couldn't have been Caribbeans coming home could it? Lord knows they are like church mice, quietly waiting in line with their well behaved children and acceptably sized carry on baggage.

I've seen what comes off those A300's, all that is missing is chickens and goats...

That being said, in true New Yawk fashion, I too would like to extend to you an invitation to (Deleted by Moderator)

I've seen what comes off those A300's, all that is missing is chickens and goats...

Now that was priceless! :lol::lol::lol:

That being said, in true New Yawk fashion, I too would like to extend to you an invitation to (Deleted by Moderator)

My point proven.

Now, not all New Yorkers are like that, but you would be hard pressed to find more than a handfull in any New York crowd that isn't.

Please feel free to continue to prove my point.

Let's watch the language, people. Using asterisks or not spelling out the word still counts as profanity.

It couldn't have been Caribbeans coming home could it? Lord knows they are like church mice, quietly waiting in line with their well behaved children and acceptably sized carry on baggage.

No it couldn't. They're flying Delta this week :lol: :lol: :lol:

GEORGETOWN, Guyana (AP) — Guyanese authorities say a first-class airline passenger was so angry at seeing economy passengers leave a jetliner before him that he yanked open an emergency hatch and slid down the chute.
Police spokesman Sealall Persaud says the Guyanese man identified as Satyanand Christopher appeared to be intoxicated after the Delta Air Lines flight from New York

Rest of Story (USA Today)

Now that was priceless! :lol::lol::lol:

My point proven.

Now, not all New Yorkers are like that, but you would be hard pressed to find more than a handfull in any New York crowd that isn't.

Please feel free to continue to prove my point.

Then you should've said NOT ALL New yorkers are like that...
At JFK, I have seen more than my share of all races, creeds and nationalities show there true colors when addressing their displeasure or anger at an innocent gate agent or asking why they aren't getting an upgrade..

Now back to the topic....If ALL the pax did was the Bronx cheer at the crew, then shame on them for being over sensitive.. But for the pax who got obscene and hostile at the crew, I believe they should pay the consequences...

Some passengers believe that the price of a ticket includes the right to be abusive to aitlin personnel..

Some years back at JFK, a mechanic was spit on and cursed at by an irate passenger over a cancellation and do you know what was done to that passenger?

nothing!

Well when it comes to assaulting agents, at least the New Yorkers can rest on that one as there is no one as bad as the fine folks from Haiti, especially the men who view women as things instead of people. I've lost count of how many times I've seen them get irrate with a gate agent and become physical.

Its just crazy how we treat each other as human beings on this planet. I'm surprised we've made it as far as we have but realistically, we've also about reached the end of our collective run. We've advanced very little in the past 20 years and I have to laugh to myself over all the people who seem to think that putting a black man in the white house is going to make everything better, just like there were those who thought putting a woman in the white house would do the same thing.

We're all in for one helluva ride over the next 8-10 years! I recommend large doses of cannibus and a vicodin or two with your evening highball to get through it.

But I digress!

Well when it comes to assaulting agents, at least the New Yorkers can rest on that one as there is no one as bad as the fine folks from Haiti, especially the men who view women as things instead of people. I've lost count of how many times I've seen them get irrate with a gate agent and become physical.

Its just crazy how we treat each other as human beings on this planet. I'm surprised we've made it as far as we have but realistically, we've also about reached the end of our collective run. We've advanced very little in the past 20 years and I have to laugh to myself over all the people who seem to think that putting a black man in the white house is going to make everything better, just like there were those who thought putting a woman in the white house would do the same thing.

We're all in for one helluva ride over the next 8-10 years! I recommend large doses of cannibus and a vicodin or two with your evening highball to get through it.

But I digress!

I like your 'prescription' doc, but it's rather doubtful the good folks in medical would see the sensibility of said concoction after one pees in a jar.

Our old substitution for your mix consisted of a bottle of Cripple (Ripple) along with herbs grown in various locations.

As far as Obama's concerned:

While suturing a laceration on the hand of a 70-year-old Texas rancher (whose hand had caught in a gate while working cattle), a doctor and the old man were talking about Barack Obama being in the White House.

The old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'."

Not knowing what the old man meant, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was.

The old man said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain, "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you wonder just what kind of damned fool put him up there in the first place."