American Airlines issued WARN letters to the TWU International

Title 1 AMT, OSM'S , A/C cleaners
Title 2 Fac maint, auto mechs and such
Title 5 stores
Not sure about the others

Thanks, my best goes out to all involved. I've been in this very same position, and its a very difficult situation.

These are difficult times for all of us at American Airlines, it is clear that the headcount reductions exceed what the TWU leadership lead us to believe both here in Tulsa and in the rest of the system. It is time that we the membership replace the TWU as our union representative, and changing to another Industrial Union like the Teamsters will lead to more of the same. It is time we choose AMFA to represent our profession. The concessions for jobs approach has already failed us more than once, and the time for change is now.

Reactions: 3 people
Unfortunate but this layoff will make the card drive pretty complicated. I signed but will be RIFed and giving up recall so this is going to be a huge headache for ya. And I'm sure the company/union will use it to there advantage. But good luck to you guys I have much respect for the guys like you that have put in so much time and money for something they believe in.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh stop crying about me referring to fleet as bag smashers they've been called that ever since I've been here and and sure before that
In other words, you admit you're a follower, fair enough. As for crying....hello pot, meet kettle!! :)

To the extent that WARN laws apply, this letter serves as notice that TWU represented employees may be affected by a job reduction as outlined below.
  1. Approximately 208 Title II on or around November 16, 2012
  2. Approximately 1,414 Title II on or around December 16, 2012
  3. Approximately 2,519 Title III on or around November 16, 2012
  4. Approximately 958 Title III on or around December 16, 2012
  5. Approximately 17 Title IV on or around November 16, 2012
  6. Approximately 58 Title IV on or around December 16, 2012
  7. Approximately 5,445 Title I on or around December 16, 2012
  8. Approximately 540 Title V on or around December 16, 2012

Where are all those YES VOTING save the jobs members at this evening?

And know this..... Only Round One here folks.
Ream said there would be more due to work rule changes and new aircraft arrival.