The AA mechanics contract TWU highlights :

5 holidays paid at x1.5
No double time at all
5 sick days, first sick day paid for 1/2 day
.01$ for midnight and afternoon shift diff
5 weeks of vacation after 27 years (could be off on this one) 5 weeks max
5.5% 401k match, FAs over 50 get 9.9% contribution, pilots get 14% contribution
A 20 year mech makes $35.55

I hope everything works out for all the work groups. However I have seen promises from this management group go unfullfilled over and over. The mechanics were told how we could not be paid like Delta, United, etc because we are not as large of a airline as they are. Now that we are its another reason or another reason or another, an another......

Reactions: 3 people
usjacket said:
I hope everything works out for all the work groups. However I have seen promises from this management group go unfullfilled over and over. The mechanics were told how we could not be paid like Delta, United, etc because we are not as large of a airline as they are. Now that we are its another reason or another reason or another, an another......
maybe they can just be straight with us and tell us they need it so exces can afford 12.5 mil Dallas mansions?

Reactions: 2 people
usjacket said:

That's how Doug and gang works, master manipulators of spin and lies.

Reactions: 3 people
bigjets said:
The AA mechanics contract TWU highlights :

5 holidays paid at x1.5
No double time at all
5 sick days, first sick day paid for 1/2 day
.01$ for midnight and afternoon shift diff
5 weeks of vacation after 27 years (could be off on this one) 5 weeks max
5.5% 401k match, FAs over 50 get 9.9% contribution, pilots get 14% contribution
A 20 year mech makes $35.55
Correction, Pilots just bumped up to 16%.

Reactions: 1 person
1AA said:
Correction, Pilots just bumped up to 16%.
Which is on-par with what pilots at the other two of the big three make.  You shouldn't be comparing your circumstances with other groups of employees at the same company, but rather with same-job employees at the competition.  Mechs will ALWAYS make more than fleet service and pilots will always make more than mechs.  That's just the way it is.

This alliance is going to be awesome, the incompetence of two industrial unions wrapped into one cluster F***.

How many high school grad negotiators will we have negotiating a subpar contract. The good news is, they go through a 30 day negotiating class. This is of course the TWU way.

Latest posts