American Airlines rebranding ‘very soon’

usa1

Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
AMR and American Airlnes chairman and CEO Tom Horton sent a letter to employees Wednesday touting the progress that AA has made in the past year.

In it, he dropped a hint that the company is very close to unveiling its new look.
Talking about American’s new airplanes arriving and on order, Horton adds: “With all of these changes, our company will very quickly begin to look and feel very different – both inside and out. We will be sharing more information about the new look and feel very soon.”

Say, Thursday? Maybe Friday? We’ll stay tuned.

http://aviationblog....very-soon.html/

I say Thursday. They are desperate for pilots to fly a battery to VCV tonight for a plane that NEEDS to be in DFW tomorrow morning. So far LAX pilots are saying no. Maybe they will figure out a mechanic can drive it in a little more than an hour at this time of night. If the plan was to put it into the hangar before morning and a Friday reveal, at this point it might not happen like they want. Keep your eye and phone out. It might be coming your way.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok, now that I see that it got to VCV at 10:11pm on the 16th, I'm not sure. They really want the battery there like yesterday. They are in a hurry to get it out tonight. No way they could put decals on that fast. Maybe for a Friday reveal? Any other guesses why it might be there? Looks like they paid a private company to take the battery to VCV instead of driving it. Flight left at 2:15 am by some company called International Jet Aviation. 20 minute flight.

Ok then, they decided to throw in a chicken sandwich. Will that do?

Just pissed over our contract and seeing what the pilots will get and this merger today, I'll get over it. And do what is expected at the lowest pay rate in the industry.

I get it now. The battery is for the newly painted 737. Seems the party was planned for a different time, but the mornig sun makes that a moot point. I guess the bad battery might have ruined their plans. Plane was supposed to leave at 9pm and get in before 2 am. Left at 4am and now getting in at 8:30am. Last minute posting on twitter and Facebook gives 3hours or less notice till unveiling. Hope Tommy H has his suit pressed and laid out for the last minute quickie this is turning into! Hopefully his secretary wrote his speech already. If not, this could be ugly. The wizard of drawl isn't that quick a thinker.

Just got an email -- announcement at 0900 CST.

capture__111557.jpg

We’ve got conflicting forces at work on the timing of the rebranding.

On one hand, American may be on the cusp of a merger announcement with US Airways. If there were to be a merger, one would think that the new look would incorporate elements of US Airways’ livery. Word is that we may get an announcement, one way or the other, in late January.

http://aviationblog....and-rouge.html/

I see no incorporation of the US livery or branding necessary.

It's dull, bland, more tarnished than AA's, and the look & feel still screams shades of Stephen Wolf to me. And eliminating the name US Airways would be an immediate improvement to those who worked for HP.

Reactions: 2 people
The AA AMT's will surely have a warm and fuzzy over the new branding. All will be forgiven, and we will all live happily ever after.

Satire of Course

737 just landed at DFW, the consensus from the guys was "WTF" . The whole tail was like the upper corner of the American flag. Then in big blue letters on the fuselage it says AAmerican.

Latest posts