American Airlines will build new four-building HQ complex in Fort Worth

700UW said:
Doug had nothing to do with US filing bankruptcy twice, he wasnt part of US until after the second chapter 11.
do you ever take responsibility? its always some ones else s fault.  geez you get old

Reactions: 1 person
They are spending money left and right all over the system, you brainwashed people will complain about everything even fiction!

$350M sounds like a lot, but building construction adds up quickly.

Assuming 150 SF per employee and some growth space up to 5000 employees, I'd guess AA probably needs around 750,000SF of office space.

Office space is selling (not leasing) for $135/SF in Fort Worth. I'd guess new construction to be higher than that, which implies somewhere around 150M just for the building shell, and probably another $5-10M on basic furniture.

The parking garage will run about $20K per space, so that alone is another $40-60M depending on how many spaces they provide.

Just running those three numbers is around 200M.

Oh.. and the movers... that's at least another $1M right there (we used to pay ~$200 for a cube move).

A few possible downsides to the location...

1) it's no longer on the public bus route to/from the airport, which means AA will need to run its own shuttle...

2) it's also no longer on the free public bus route to/from the train station on the TRE. I used to live across Trinity from the new site, and that's not a friendly walk to/from the train station.

3) Centerport allowed inbound car traffic to split between two different interchanges/stoplights (Amon Carter and Trinity). Now, all the traffic in/out will have to go on Trinity.