American Airlines.

SWA.TECH

Advanced
Jan 29, 2012
Ive been browsing the AA board and I gotta say after reading the blogs, and listening to the Dennis Barnett youtube video, Lets just get this sh!t done, and start focusing on the real important issue , the health and performance of our airline. I know our management is better than the clowns they have in place over there, and Im confident our union is better too. We need to continue to work together as a MX group and try to keep the internal strife to a minumum. I beilieve in this company, and I believe in our MX group. I know we can remain profitable, however its gonna have to be a team effort. Including our new brothers and sisters. (i know alot of people dont like that) Hopefully , by now, we all know in this industry you grow or you die. With all of the huge megers, a merger, or in our case an aquisition was imperative to capitalize on growth potential. We need to police our ranks, stay informed, and keep the lines of communication open. Between ourselves, and management. I have had discussions with local management in regards to "new polices" for lack of a better term... just so they know the detrimental affect these practices will cause to the culture of ours, the best airline in the world. Anyway please framilliarize yourself with the AA debacle if you havent already , and make smart decisions, for the greater good. END RANT.

Reactions: 2 people
Most of the time,local management is too smart in their own estimation to listen to the lowly workers. They have to experience the consequences of their poor decisions for the point to get across.

Reactions: 1 person
Most of the time,local management is too smart in their own estimation to listen to the lowly workers. They have to experience the consequences of their poor decisions for the point to get across.

I agree, however if we dont communicate (not a yelling match) it FOR SURE will never change. Also if we wait for them to experience the consequences of their poor decisions for the point to get across, without even trying to "enlighten them" its as much our fault as it is theirs. Mark that down.

I agree, however if we dont communicate (not a yelling match) it FOR SURE will never change. Also if we wait for them to experience the consequences of their poor decisions for the point to get across, without even trying to "enlighten them" its as much our fault as it is theirs. Mark that down.

Hogwash. You may somehow feel responsible for the decisions of others but I don't, nor will I ever.

Hogwash. You may somehow feel responsible for the decisions of others but I don't, nor will I ever.

Did you read it , or just pop off? I said, if you never say anything about the effect of there decisions, how will they know what the floor is truly feeling? There are the obvious indicators yes, but it never hurts to communicate. I know you, I know what your thinking about all of this. NO I DONT BECAUSE I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU ABOUT IT. GET IT. The only thing that is hogwash is you not reading and understanding the post, and then spouting off. Cheers.

I agree that all AMTs should read some of the AA forum.
You never know what the future holds and we should not take what we have here for granted.

When it comes to the poor decisions of management, I believe the amount we can influence is very limited to non-existent.

God bless the poor employees at AA that put all they had into their jobs and will now have to start over. I hope we can hire some of these hard working folks and give them a chance at SWA.

Did you read it , or just pop off? I said, if you never say anything about the effect of there decisions, how will they know what the floor is truly feeling? There are the obvious indicators yes, but it never hurts to communicate. I know you, I know what your thinking about all of this. NO I DONT BECAUSE I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU ABOUT IT. GET IT. The only thing that is hogwash is you not reading and understanding the post, and then spouting off. Cheers.

Good luck "enlightening" your local management. You will understand one day that it's easier and you get faster results by going a level or two over their head.

I agree that all AMTs should read some of the AA forum.
You never know what the future holds and we should not take what we have here for granted.

When it comes to the poor decisions of management, I believe the amount we can influence is very limited to non-existent.

God bless the poor employees at AA that put all they had into their jobs and will now have to start over. I hope we can hire some of these hard working folks and give them a chance at SWA.
Also remember the Eastern, PanAm, TWA, NWA (fellow AMFA Strikers)....

Thanks for finally joining in our conversation, glad you have been watching the blog from the sidelines. Its nice to have new people joining in for different perspectives. Would have been nice to have the input when we could have used it.....

Or you could learn to count , and only post 205 times and catch me.... For one or two of those could you do another "NO NO NO NO" post , we find them quite amusing!

Is this not the same guy on the AMT forum, also with just a few more postings, all saying the same thing, and, as well, very entertaining.