American Eagle Is Now Hiring

wrx

Senior
Sep 19, 2003
Before you decide to run out and apply with AE, remember what they did to flight attendant Debra McDougald.

American Eagle Careers

American Eagle will be hiring approximately 400 Flight Attendants ( one class per month) through June 2004.

It?s a job like none other. One day you?re surrounded by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. The next, it?s New York?s majestic skyline. Every day means visiting some of North America?s finest cities. And every day rewards you with outstanding benefits. Come add your friendly and winning attitude to our team, and join us on the front-lines of service.

Minimum Age: 19

Education/Work Experience: High school diploma or GED, plus at least one year of customer service experience.

Citizenship: United States citizenship or if you possess the legal right to work in the U.S., including the right to travel to/from the countries American Eagle serves.

Relocation: Candidates must be willing and able to relocate to any of our flight attendant bases located in Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York City (LGA), NY or San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Physical Requirements: You must be able to lift, push and pull heavy articles as required. You must be able to reach all emergency equipment on all aircraft types. All flight attendants are required to be between 5 feet and 5 feet 10 inches.

Training: Those selected for training must attend an unpaid four week training program conducted at American Airlines Training and Conference Center in Dallas/Fort Worth. Accommodations and meals are provided. Trainees will be responsible for incidental expenses incurred during training and for relocation to the assigned base. Base assignments are awarded in order of seniority. Seniority within each class is determined by birth date.

Uniforms: Initial uniforms are issued during training and purchased by new hire flight attendants via payroll deduction at a rate of $20.00 per paycheck.

Company Benefits: After 6 months of service, new flight attendants will be eligible for our full benefits package. This includes: health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance and profit sharing. Unlimited (space available) travel privileges for employee, spouse and children will be given after completion of training and 24 one-way travel passes each year for family and friends after two years of service. A 401(k) plan and credit union membership are available for those who wish to join.

Salary: All flight attendant wages are governed by the contract agreed upon between American Eagle and the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) and are competitive with other major airlines. Annual increases are based on Company anniversary dates as specified in the contract. Per diem is paid for each hour a flight attendant is away from home base. Hotels on layovers are provided by American Eagle.

**If you're a furloughed AA flight attendant please go to http://www.apfa.org to get the special code to put on your application.**

To apply on line click on the link: https://roam1.resjobs.com/americaneagle/

wrx,
(As we discussed, on another topic),
With A/E hiring, anyone who thinks that Eagle is soon to be sold, AND NOT USED TO XFER DOMESTIC FLYING FROM MAINLINE TO EAGLE, still believes in the "tooth fairy"

WATCH OUT, there's dark clouds on the near horizen !!!!!!

NH/BB's

Do you know when they are to start interviewing?? I have sent in my information and still have not heard back??!!

Eagle will be sold, and then they will perform and act like ACA. Remember back in the 90's when they ran up agains the UAL scope clause? They got around it by convieniently creating a non code share schedule that mirrored being able to connect to UAL flights. I advertise, you book on us and you can still connect on UAL flight to get where you really want to go. This same principal is why they are even considering going it alone today. Selling Eagle will allow Eagle to grow to a much larger and competitive airline with half the expense. It is a win win for AMR. AMR gets instant cash, they continue the feed and do away with scope restrictions. AMR continues to cust costs until it does nothing but International flying and Eagle grows into the 5th largest domestic US carrier that has the capability of feeding AA's 30% premium International service.

My opinion. :ph34r: :shock:

SkyHag said:
Do you know when they are to start interviewing?? I have sent in my information and still have not heard back??!!
They're currently interviewing. Resubmit your application, it doesn't hurt to send it again.

gogogadget said:
Eagle will be sold, and then they will perform and act like ACA. Remember back in the 90's when they ran up agains the UAL scope clause? They got around it by convieniently creating a non code share schedule that mirrored being able to connect to UAL flights. I advertise, you book on us and you can still connect on UAL flight to get where you really want to go. This same principal is why they are even considering going it alone today. Selling Eagle will allow Eagle to grow to a much larger and competitive airline with half the expense. It is a win win for AMR. AMR gets instant cash, they continue the feed and do away with scope restrictions. AMR continues to cust costs until it does nothing but International flying and Eagle grows into the 5th largest domestic US carrier that has the capability of feeding AA's 30% premium International service.

My opinion. :ph34r: :shock:
gogogadget;
You make quite a compelling "point" !!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Wrx,

Can I ask you about the pay at AE???.....I thought I had read some where that you were wanting the Comair pay scale becuse you are in contract negotiations...does this mean that the pay is not so good at AE? Do you know what they start out at and what they top out at?

Also, if it was you that was wanting the Comair pay scale, I don't have that but, I do have the CO Express pay scale if you are interested!!??

SkyHag

Wrx,

Never mind about the Coair pay scale thing....it wasn't you asking it was somebody else...oops! :huh:

Skyhag,

I actually don't work for American Eagle. I work for American Airlines as a flight attendant. The pay at Eagle is not that great. You start out at $17.00 and change per flight hour. This is their 4th year pay and you will not get a raise until your 4th year. They're in contract negotiations trying to get better pay, benefits and work rules. ComAir is the best paying regional airline and you will fly only RJ's and no prop jets. Both flight attendant groups are represented by the AFA (Association of Flight Attendants). If I was looking at both of these companies to work for I would go with ComAir.

Resubmit your application again. They plan on hiring 400 flight attendants by June 2004. The earlier you get into training, the more seniority you will have.

Good luck!

wrx said:
If I was looking at both of these companies to work for I would go with ComAir.

I would go with Comair but, I need to commute and they don't offer any flt. benefits for 30 days. :(