American/Jetblue merging RUMOR

damajagua

Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
There is a rumor on the line that Jetblue will be buying
American. The interesting part of this rumor is that Jetblue would be the one doing the acquisition. Any thoughts?

And a good rumor at that. What kind of cash do you think JetBlue has? They're not doing that well either.
As financially strapped as AA might be, they have way more cash than jetBlue.

I estimate a 99% probability that jetBlue and AA are not combining in the short-term (next 12 months) and a 100% probability that jetBlue would not be the acquirer if AA and B6 ever do combine in some way.

And a good rumor at that. What kind of cash do you think JetBlue has? They're not doing that well either.
As financially strapped as AA might be, they have way more cash than jetBlue.

Which is as it should be. Just pulling round numbers out of the air, a $20 Billion a year company with $12 Billion in debt better have a lot more cash than a $10 Billion a year company with $3 billion in debt or the bigger company is in trouble.

Jim

There is a rumor on the line that Jetblue will be buying
American. The interesting part of this rumor is that Jetblue would be the one doing the acquisition. Any thoughts?
That rumor is not based on fact. So it's worthless and has not merit.

That rumor is not based on fact. So it's worthless and has not merit.
<_< ------ Oh! Your in upper management of either Jetblue, or AA, and have access to all such information and know for a fact what AA, or Jetblue is, or isn't, going to do!?-------- Or is this just your opinion?

I have a friend who is a SVP with Jetblue. Last time I suggested that scenario to him, he couldn't say "NFW" fast enough.

<_< ------- I feel it's highly unlikely also, but no matter how ridiculous something may seem, I've learned to never say "never"! ;)

I have a friend who is a SVP with Jetblue. Last time I suggested that scenario to him, he couldn't say "NFW" fast enough.

This SVP wouldn't happend to be the ex AA F/A ,who was in hiring dept,then went to JBLU who started up their FLT SVC dept,then hired JBLU pilots. Anyway I say the same as your friend, NO to any A&P, most of us are over it.

<_< ------ I wouldn't wish that on anyone!-------- Even AA! Last I heard he was after MGM! ;)
http://www.dailyfinance.com/article/hobbit-money-sought-as-mgm-files-for/1373504/

Yep; he closed that deal.

I hope he doesn't come sniffing this way. :unsure:

It isn't called a rumor for nothing. I doubt B6 would be the purchaser in such a merger. But I doubt this merger would ever happen.