American needs JFK-IAH service

American6

Jan 15, 2012
This bothers me a lot. No airline had a direct service from New York John F Kennedy (JFK) to Houston Intercontinental (IAH) These are two of the largest airports in the US and the world even and they are not connected. I live in New York and fly through JFK. If I go to Houston one day and I would like to visit that city, Ibwould want to go into IAH. American is my favorite airline. There are flights to Houston from JFK but it is to the crappy William P Hobby Airport. Thus I don't know and get why there is no JFK to IAH service. You have flights to all hubs but JFK. That is nonsense. The best time to start this service is now! Hello American, JFK is one of your hubs now go to IAH from there!

Reactions: 1 person
All right I'll bite. Your joking with us right?...Right?? Please tell us you are. Because clearly your mental. You have no clue what the F your talking about dude .... No clue . <_<

I want to know why AA does not fly nonstop JFK-FLG (Flagstaff, Arizona). I think AA's failure to fly that route is criminal. Plus, while we're on the subject, where is JFK-RNO? And for the well-heeled in Santa Barbara, why no JFK-SBA? Oxnard airport is neat, so why no JFK-OXR? Plenty of Notre Dame alums in NYC, so why no nonstops JFK-SBN?

This bothers me a lot. No airline had a direct service from New York John F Kennedy (JFK) to Houston Intercontinental (IAH) These are two of the largest airports in the US and the world even and they are not connected. I live in New York and fly through JFK. If I go to Houston one day and I would like to visit that city, Ibwould want to go into IAH. American is my favorite airline. There are flights to Houston from JFK but it is to the crappy William P Hobby Airport. Thus I don't know and get why there is no JFK to IAH service. You have flights to all hubs but JFK. That is nonsense. The best time to start this service is now! Hello American, JFK is one of your hubs now go to IAH from there!

A friendly word of advice, I think you are better off hanging out here:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/

I want to know why AA does not fly nonstop JFK-FLG (Flagstaff, Arizona). I think AA's failure to fly that route is criminal. Plus, while we're on the subject, where is JFK-RNO? And for the well-heeled in Santa Barbara, why no JFK-SBA? Oxnard airport is neat, so why no JFK-OXR? Plenty of Notre Dame alums in NYC, so why no nonstops JFK-SBN?

Heck, there are about a dozen or cities already served who'd be happy just to get another frequency to DFW or ORD...

OXR? Count me in. Same with CLD.

Can we add TTD (Troutdale, Or.) to the campaign? I'd like to visit, and flying into/out of PDX just isn't close enough for me.

Reactions: 3 people

Flagstaff is too small of a city to be served by JFK from nearly 2,000 miles away from it. Probably use US Airways which stops via Phoenix and then transfer to a Phoenix-Flagstaff flight.

Reactions: 1 person
American6, ...... Take your pick.

With moderate traffic, how long do you think it takes from Staten Island(NYC), or Manhatten to go to EWR to fly non-stop)to IAH (CO's second largest hub..to it's first) ?

1. 45 mins
2. 20 mins
3. 35 mins.
4. 60 mins.

Now, how long do you think it takes from S I, over the verrazano bridge to get to JFK.
Answer to the above..."UNKNOWN" !!!!!!!!!

Answer to the first question..."20" mins.

Hey, I.....L O V E ...JFK(America's "real" Airport)

Sometimes LOGIC needs to be used.

Flagstaff is too small of a city to be served by JFK from nearly 2,000 miles away from it. Probably use US Airways which stops via Phoenix and then transfer to a Phoenix-Flagstaff flight.
Exactly. And because IAH is a huge UA hub, AA has probably decided that the market for AA JFK-IAH nonstops is TOO SMALL a market to pursue. Not all is lost, however. AAdvantage program mileage whores are free to fly one of many daily LGA-DFW flights to connect with one of many daily DFW-IAH flights. Connecting is not the end of the world and generally yields more miles (and faster elite status) than nonstops.

High-paid business travelers whose time is very valuable tend to prefer nonstops, for obvious reasons. I take it you're not in that category, so if you ever want to visit Houston, you can buy a reasonably-priced LGA-DFW-IAH ticket on AA.

I think the OP has a valid question. AA operates many nonstops to non-core AA markets even many vacation destinations like LAS, MCO, or TPA. While CO is the dominant carrier, it is still a huge market (among top 10 metropolitan areas) with considerable oil and some financial presence. I seem to recall DL may have had a nonstop IAH-JFK back when CO was in SkyTeam. Why does AA have AUS-JFK but nothing to IAH?

Josh

Latest posts