American Ripe for Takeover: Is US Airways Looking?

Liquidation before a merger with US.
I just dont see the reason AA would merge with US. There is nothing we (AA) needs that US has. They abandoned LGA , no Asia to speak of , no So. America presence ...... PHL , CLT.... Really??? Can someone tell me why this would happen? Yes US needs AA but it has to go both ways.

I just dont see the reason AA would merge with US. There is nothing we (AA) needs that US has. They abandoned LGA , no Asia to speak of , no So. America presence ...... PHL , CLT.... Really??? Can someone tell me why this would happen? Yes US needs AA but it has to go both ways.
I guess that you are unaware of the revenue that PHL generates alone for US. I suppose that silly southeastern CLT hub is worthless too. Oh, and lets not forget that Shuttle that nobody wants either. I believe that the LGA pulldown and the DCA buildup was all done to pave the way for a merger with AA. Combined US/AA would have had too much at LGA, and building up DCA doesn't cause any issues as a trade-off.

I guess that you are unaware of the revenue that PHL generates alone for US. I suppose that silly southeastern CLT hub is worthless too. Oh, and lets not forget that Shuttle that nobody wants either. I believe that the LGA pulldown and the DCA buildup was all done to pave the way for a merger with AA. Combined US/AA would have had too much at LGA, and building up DCA doesn't cause any issues as a trade-off.

Doug Parker told the US employees that US could never afford to pay US employees the same wages as UA, DL or AA because its inferior hubs do not generate the same premium revenues as the hubs controlled by the competitors. Sure, they generate enough money to keep US in business, but they aren't in the most important business markets. PHL, CLT and PHX are nice cities, but they are second-tier airport hubs. They aren't worthless to US (they're all you have) but they are worthless to an airline with a major presence (and is pinning its future) at NYC, MIA and LAX.

<_< -----Typical AA arrogance! Ever consider US could be the dominant carrier? ----- Has AA over extended itself?

Doug Parker told the US employees that US could never afford to pay US employees the same wages as UA, DL or AA because its inferior hubs do not generate the same premium revenues as the hubs controlled by the competitors. Sure, they generate enough money to keep US in business, but they aren't in the most important business markets. PHL, CLT and PHX are nice cities, but they are second-tier airport hubs. They aren't worthless to US (they're all you have) but they are worthless to an airline with a major presence (and is pinning its future) at NYC, MIA and LAX.
You are correct, Parker did make that statement. While the US hubs may not generate the same level of revenue as those you listed, they still generate revenue over a loss. After some discussion with some coworkers, we came to the conclusion that Doug's remark was somewhat BS. While his claim about the US hubs not being on the same revenue level as the Big-Boys Hubs may be true, our costs are not on the same level as theirs either. So our hubs don't rake in as much as AA, DL, And UA's, but we don't have as many employees as they do resulting in lower overhead.

Rank and file employees are the last to know of anything when it comes to mergers/sell-offs etc. All you can do is show up for work, collect your paycheck and try to save as much as possible in case the rug is pulled from under you. Endless speculation is a waste of time and energy.