Amfa Fails To Ignite The Spark?

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
The Amfa organizers were introduced to potential Pafca wantabes recently and failed to convience TWU members to change unions. Dan Cunningham, Bob Owens and many of the amfa wantabes were struck with a major blow when the momentum they were hoping to achieve went up in smoke when the TWU Members voted to stay.

Pafca is a stand alone Association like Amfa with no political power and does not believe in supporting politicians who in turn would help you! This was a major set back in their effort to have a vote at AA. (Mechanics and Related). It is obvious the Members of the TWU have out performed in every Amfa attempt to oust the TWU from AA property.

They have been at it for over 40 years and continue to fail. The current drive is a last ditch effort with 12 weeks left to get over 1300 cards signed. This will not happen since cards are expiring daily and many are not resigning Amfa is atempting to Help the AGW and trying to drum up support. At least AGW was smart enough to dump Seham (Amfa Attorney's). But lost credibility when they have attempted to start a seperate Political lobbiest group. Another form of paying higher dues.

Amfa has lost at AA and the demise is quickly coming to an end. Shirts are coming off and little if any card signing is being done. Most of the organizers have taken the cards and stuffed them away in their tool box and are not passing out flyers any more.

Don't you think it is time to look at your fellow TWU Brothers and Sisters and look at ways to improve within your local? TWU is still the Smart Choice?? :up:

It is obvious the Members of the TWU have out performed in every Amfa attempt to oust the TWU from AA property.

They have been at it for over 40 years and continue to fail. The current drive is a last ditch effort with 12 weeks left to get over 1300 cards signed. This will not happen since cards are expiring daily and many are not resigning

Amfa has lost at AA and the demise is quickly coming to an end. Shirts are coming off and little if any card signing is being done. Most of the organizers have taken the cards and stuffed them away in their tool box and are not passing out flyers any more.

Don't you think it is time to look at your fellow TWU Brothers and Sisters and look at ways to improve within your local? TWU is still the Smart Choice??

<< Rick
The current card drive for mechanics and related started on St patricks day 2003 and that means cards will begin to expire then not now. In any event 8400 cards now exist and thats well over the percentage needed to file for an election, lets see what happens. Heres what we know for a fact the line stations all hate twu and are solidly 90% + against it. You never answered my previous post to list the accomplishments and gains during the last 20 yrs under twu representation. This is not a trick question and lets leave off the concessions we have now just list forward momentum we've gathered since 1983 I'm asking again and I'm asking you nice. Perhaps this can define why twu is the smart choice for those of us too dumb to see it. Ponder this Rick with line stations against us and all the dissatisfied members like myself how can we ever have unity, how can we heal and become strong?? Do you think all these people are going to come back over to you and the twu??Answer me here or venture out and contact me directly on dock 4-D ask for Jim Anderson, I'm working afternoons right now.. You'll notice I don't belittle or resort to name calling I am asking that you answer the questions honestly so we can both set a good example for the young fellas.

Jim A.

Click here to see flyer:TWU members send Pafca packing

Here is some links to see how the TWU is working for you:

1. TWU

2. TWU Express

3. ATD

The TWU members work daily to ensure the membership are protected against Corporate America.

Amfa is the one that has to proof their worth in order to represent us at AA. So far they have done littler except continue the outsourcing of jobs to 3rd party Maintenance. Show us what they are doing about the 3 contracts their negotiating right now? And why Amfa is not standing up to do something?

CIO,

Glad to see that you not only visit the-mechanic.com, but you also use the linked material there.

LOL

Thanks, it was easier to use their space. Since he has received money from amfa to fund the site.

Rick you have sidestepped my request again.. I asked you in a short narrative to explain to the membership exactly what the twu has done for us in the last 20 years excluding the concessions which we will ignore.. List the accomplishments and industry leading contracts or trendsetting ideas that should be commensurate with representing the #1 airline in the world.. Be aware I am copying your replies and am posting in and around the workplace for all to see and avoiding this request does little to bolster your position.. Again I am asking you nicely to make a case, pretend you were trying to sell me on the twu and get my business.. We are waiting.. Thanks for your time buddy..

Jim-

Apparently you have failed to look at the links to see what the TWU does on a daily basis. Go look at your TWU calendar and read the accomplishments on the left side of the pages. You will see the struggles the members fought for. The asssociation who is attempting to raid the TWU has done nothing to stop the aggression of Corporate America. All they know how to do is raid other Unions.

The TWU has fought and continues to fight for our rights. The members are the Union and the ones who put forth the effort do see the rewards of their fruit. You have to stub your toes and than pick them up and continue. Job Security and retirement were the major factors in passing the last Contract and the TWU kept this intact for us. Wages are not necessarily the best avenue. If the company is out of business how much are you making on the street?

Go ask the tens of thousands what is the best choice when you have no money to feed your family because you were mis guided by a group out for their self Interest?

Go look at amfanuts and read what Management is doing at NW now and see how they are walking over amfa and will continue untill their is no AMT's left.

"You will see the struggles the members fought for".
"The TWU has fought and continues to fight for our rights".
Tokyo Rose (CIO), you make real American's puke. FIRST, in 2001 the WHOLE INDUSTRY WAITED for AMFA at NW to settle. HISTORICAL FACT!! AA simply followed suit to save their toy union and even said "WE ARE G-I-V-I-N-G THE TWU AN ILC". SECOND, my First Amendment Rights were violated (kangaroo court) BY THE TWU for wearing a t-shirt. You cowards didn't fight for MY RIGHTS but had them swifly removed. I am proud to say I have no association with your commie organization and will continue fight for their REMOVAL. BTW, you never did answer my question on another thread. Will the contract be abrogated (void) when AMFA removes the TWU as our bargaining agent?

:up:

Apparently you have failed to look at the links to see what the TWU does on a daily basis. Go look at your TWU calendar and read the accomplishments on the left side of the pages. You will see the struggles the members fought for. The asssociation who is attempting to raid the TWU has done nothing to stop the aggression of Corporate America. All they know how to do is raid other Unions.

The TWU has fought and continues to fight for our rights. The members are the Union and the ones who put forth the effort do see the rewards of their fruit. You have to stub your toes and than pick them up and continue. Job Security and retirement were the major factors in passing the last Contract and the TWU kept this intact for us. Wages are not necessarily the best avenue. If the company is out of business how much are you making on the street?

Go ask the tens of thousands what is the best choice when you have no money to feed your family because you were mis guided by a group out for their self Interest?

Go look at amfanuts and read what Management is doing at NW now and see how they are walking over amfa and will continue untill their is no AMT's left.

<< Thanks Rick I guess thats the best you can do, refer me to a calendar showing smiling uneducated subway workers and or bus drivers.. I respect your opinion although you cannot or will not articulate the questions asked of you instead hiding behind propaganda.. Your position is noted and will be shared .. Thanks for letting us all know just where you stand..

Jim Anderson Dock 4-D Tulsa Ok.

Checking it Out said:

Don't you think it is time to look at your fellow TWU Brothers and Sisters and look at ways to improve within your local? TWU is still the Smart Choice?? :up:
Cio,
Twu did not prevale at Ogden Ground Services!
TWU did not prevale at Atlantic Coast Airlines!
TWU did not prevale at Pinnacle Airlines!
TWU did not prevale at Continental Airlines!

I did not see any record of an AMFA loss at American Airlines.
I did not see any record of an Application on the National Mediation Board web site.
BUT I'm sure that there will be sooooooooooon!
Shirts are coming off? Couldn't have anything to do with heavy outer ware could it.
Information is been placed where acceptable, Many times a day. You know that It is thrown away when seen by the TWU faithful, (read Blind). THE TWU faithful don't dare leave it for anyone to read and formulate their own opionions.
Thats ok though, Because you guys have to do what it takes to stall positive change.
STREEEEEAAATCH! SPIN! DISTORT! Man you suck at accuracy, as usual.

Superside said:
Checking it Out said:

Cio,
Twu did not prevale at Ogden Ground Services!
TWU did not prevale at Atlantic Coast Airlines!
TWU did not prevale at Pinnacle Airlines!
TWU did not prevale at Continental Airlines!

I did not see any record of an AMFA loss at American Airlines.
I did not see any record of an Application on the National Mediation Board web site.
BUT I'm sure that there will be sooooooooooon!
Shirts are coming off? Couldn't have anything to do with heavy outer ware could it.
Information is been placed where acceptable, Many times a day. You know that It is thrown away when seen by the TWU faithful, (read Blind). THE TWU faithful don't dare leave it for anyone to read and formulate their own opionions.
Thats ok though, Because you guys have to do what it takes to stall positive change.
STREEEEEAAATCH! SPIN! DISTORT! Man you suck at accuracy, as usual.
You forgot Delta.

They spent $2,000,000 on that one , so I heard.

Since these items are not itemized for all we know they could have spent a few hundred thousand on the organizing campain and pocketed the rest.

What could they have promised Delta? A paycut in addition to paying dues?

Getting back to the $2,000,000 for organizing.
At the COPE Conference the International was in an absolute panic about the proposed new accounting rules.

Maybe that was another motive for the sellout?

They kept talking about how their "Enemies" would find out where the money was going and how it would hurt the union. Its obviuos who they mean by "enemies". Not the company, or the polititions they own, but union members who want accountability.

You see when they talk about the "union", they mean themselves, not us. We are here to serve them, not the other way around. We pay the dues, they spend the dues. The company says they need to cut costs they say "how much?". All this accountability crap is going to mess up their cozy little deal. How else could a bus driver afford a mansion in Sag Harbor?

I could tolerate a crook, if they got us decent contracts, but a crook who also sells us out is intolerable. There is only one sure way to get rid of all these crooks. Fill out an AMFA or AGW card as applicable and when the vote comes, vote for industrywide solidarity, vote for democracy, vote for accountability, vote for AMFA or the AGW!

Bob wrote;I could tolerate a crook, if they got us decent contracts, but a crook who also sells us out is intolerable. There is only one sure way to get rid of all these crooks. Fill out an AMFA or AGW card as applicable and when the vote comes, vote for industrywide solidarity, vote for democracy, vote for accountability, vote for AMFA or the AGW!

------------------------------------
Bob please explain why you are promoting an organization that funnels millions of dollars to a sub-contract like Mag (kevin McCormick group) do with the money with no acountability. And hefty penilties to remove him. $800,000 dollar a year income and an additional 500,000 if amfa was ever successful to represent us. under your perception aren't you attempting to remove one group for a bunch of snake oil? The biggest difference we continue to have the lowest farmout rate than any of the majors. In turn equals higher employment numbers.

I do not like seeing car salesmans or window salesman making more income per year but I enjoy working on A/C and would like to continue. Te difference is we work for 40 hours a week unlike the car salesman who average 60 to 80 hours with no vacations. I have a choice to work on my time off to make extra income if I choose.

With the group you are promoting the choice is hitting the street plane and simple no secrets about it and the record speaks for it self under amfa.

:lol:

To Rick (CIO) Mullins, I for one am glad to see you asking questions and when you get the answers go a step further and do some research independant of the so-called facts presented by unreliable sources or disgrunteled baggage handlers like the one that started amfanuts.. I did a google search of the word AMFA and read everything both pro and con, do this to get insight.. I also read some totally false information put out by the teamsters research division ( isn't that a hoot a research division ) concerning Kevin Mc Cormick, it was pathetic and obviously a vicious smear designed to mislead and scare teamster members.. Kevin is subject to dismisal at anytime if he cannot explain himself period, He is not a permanent fixture and that's what keeps him in check.. Kevin is a businessman a numbers guy who knows all the tricks and can go toe to toe with the battery of corporate lawyers thrown at us from the company... He is well paid but he earns it... You had the opportunity to grill him while in Tulsa last time, did you ask him anything?? If not you'll have another chance, will you stand tall then?? Concerning the anti amfa movement common sense dictates those with something to lose or a vested interest in maintaining status quo to prop themselves up will say or do anything, BUT PLEASE,PLEASE don't fall into this trap....

Search for the truth, talk to retired mechanics from Ozark, Hughs Air Lift to find out that in fact they did have the best contracts back in the 60s, hell the old contract books are still around read one and decide on your own... After reading some of the other posts here recently I know its all to easy to get emotional and go into a name calling negative bent but please resist that urge and let's try to exchange info instead... Also it would help if all you big brave men could grow a set of nuts and drop these childish personas READ fake names and print your real name and location that way I can greet you in the proper manner as I pass you on the street.. Actually it might help the dialog here and help us remain focused... Man up you pussies, quit hiding and grow up dammit..

Jim Anderson dock 4 D Tulsa-

Latest posts