AMFA Mechs Sick Together

Broke@SFO

Apr 21, 2003
www.usaviation.com
This is for all the NWA mechanics who think UAL mechanics at SFO engine shop are "back stabbers" or "cowards" or only out for "themselves". We (UAL)have been asked by NWA to overhaul all thier PW2000 engines. This would mean at lot of work for us and the possibility of many mechanic recalls. However, many of us considered this as "struck work" and said NO!!!! It seems UAL AMFA mechanics have more balls than some NWA mechanics (scabs). See post on AMFA Local 9. Northwest Airlines Engine work – As briefed at several shop representative meetings and May’s membership meetings, Northwest asked that United Services submit a bid to work all of their PW2000 engines. UAL Management asked AMFA if we still considered these engines struck work. We wanted to get the surrounding information related to this bid so we could make an informed decision and not one based solely on emotion. Our duty to the members at UAL demands that we do not shoot from the hip when making any decision and this was no different. After careful consideration and consultation with the National Executive Council and the NWA strike Committee, it was decided that while it would be preferred that this work stays at an AMFA represented carrier, in the end the work is still struck work. UAL was notified of our position and this should close the matter.

Response:

To this:

I SALUTE YOU ONE AND ALL............ :up:

(what do you think PTO? is this the type change you been waiting to see?)

I think its a start, a definate step in the right direction. Solidarity.....

Didn't I mention this very thing on another thread a few days ago???

And just how many times does this make that NWA has asked UAL to do its work and been turned away???

:up: :up: :up:

KUDOS to the AMFA folks at UAL! OH PTO OH PTO where are you?? come out come out wherever you are! THis is what I call UNION SOLIDARITY

We, union members need to do more of this. This is a step in the right direction but we must continue this line of action. Not only in the airline industry but we must support union members across the nation. Solidarity, it works if we stick together and we must for the sake of our families and future generations.

hhhmmm

Honor? YUP

Character? YUP

Integrity? YUP

hhmmm

Maybe we can still save this industry after all.

Good job UAL AMFA

Didn't I mention this very thing on another thread a few days ago???

And just how many times does this make that NWA has asked UAL to do its work and been turned away???

:up: :up: :up:

Yes you did!!! :up:

JMHO, NWA will keep asking.

Take Care,
B) UAL_TECH

My kudo's to the UA mechanics as well. Would someone please correct the title of this thread.

Boxer,

Maybe the title is a Freudian slip.
AMFA might be ‘sick’ of having solidarity with all other unions while our union Brothers and Sisters cross our picket lines and perform our work.

I don’t know about you, but it certainly makes me sick!

Take Care,
B) UT

Not to burst you guys' bubble but no it is not. You guys are absolutely thrilled that AMFA is supporting its own strike!! :lol: :lol: Now had this been the IAM I could see the excitement.
Not to call you a moron :rolleyes: or anything, but these are two different airlines. With UAL management attempting to become an MRO, they have to forced to honor AMFA's Scab Air strike. :blink: