FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MAY 27, 2004

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

O. V. Delle-Femine, National Director
603-527-9212

Terry Harvey, Assistant National Director
810-223-1540

AMFA ACCUSES AMERICAN AIRLINES WITH ELECTION INTERFERENCE
WITH THE ACQUIESCENCE OF THE NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD

Laconia, NH – May 27, 2004 – On March 12, 2004, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association filed with the National Mediation Board (NMB) for a representational dispute election on American Airlines (AA). Since AMFA’s filing, the NMB has started its investigation to determine whether a sufficient number of authorization cards have been submitted by AMFA. During March of 2002, the NMB confirmed that approximately 16,500 mechanics and related personnel were represented by the Transport Workers Union of America (TWUA) in its dismissal of a representational election between the TWUA and the International Association of Machinist and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW – AFL-CIO).

In March 2004, AA submitted eligibility lists of employees in the mechanics and related craft/class totaling 18,698. However, as mentioned above, it was determined in March 2002 during the dispute between the IAMAW – AFL-CIO and the TWUA – AFL-CIO concerning the election of the combined mechanics and related at American Airlines (AA) and Trans World Airlines (TWA), that there were only a total number of 16,500 employees. In addition, the airline industry has been in an employment downturn since September 11, 2001. Therefore, there is no conceivable justification to believe that AA has expanded its workforce by 2,198 mechanics and related personnel. AA’s claim of eligibility lists of 18,698 is ridiculous and a violation of the NMB Rules. As a result, the NMB should utilize Section 17.0 – ALLEGATIONS OF ELECTION INTERFERENCE due to the exceptional and extraordinary circumstances surrounding the upcoming election.

To further support AMFA’s claim, Terry Harvey, Assistant National Director, has proven documentation that reflects that over 2,000 employees on AA’s eligibility lists are not valid employees. For example, the eligibility lists include:

• Deceased or retired AA employees;
• Deceased or retired TWA employees who died long before AA’s acquisition of TWA;
• AA and TWA employees who have resigned or refused to return to work after being recalled;
• AA and TWA employees who have resigned and took employment with other airlines;
• Fleet Service Clerks who are not in the Mechanics and Related Craft/Class;
• AA management personnel, Stock Clerks and Ticket Agents not in the Mechanics and Related Craft/Class;
• TWA employees who never established an employee relationship with AA;
• TWA and AA employees who were dismissed prior to passing their probation; and
• Employees listed more than once on the eligibility lists.

The purpose of the NMB, an independent, neutral federal agency, is to oversee and correct any abuse during the election process. Thus far, the NMB has not admonished AA for its misleading eligibility lists. This lack of responsibility, at the very least, shows ineptitude on the part of the NMB in protecting its credibility and representational rules.

AMFA plans to picket the NMB on June 1, 2 and 3, 2004 at its office at 1301 K. Street, NW, Suite 250 E, Washington DC, to protest NMB’s lack of concern for the mechanics and related personnel at AA.

AMFA, an independent, craft-oriented union not affiliated with the AFL-CIO, represents more than 18,000 aircraft technicians and related personnel in Alaska Airlines, American Trans Air, Atlantic Coast Airlines (Independence Airlines), Horizon, Mesaba Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines. AMFA believes in open negotiations where all officers are elected and can be recalled by its membership. This democratic process is unique in the airline unions.

To learn more about AMFA, visit www.amfanatl.org.

Safety in the Air begins with Quality Maintenance on the Ground.

Oh my goodness!!!!! You talk about a cry-fest!!!!!

Amfa - "Things didn't go our way so we are going to picket the NMB! BOO HOO BOO HOO!!!!"

You can't be serious???? I have said it several times before. . .desparation has set in!!!!! Piss 'em off that much more why don't you???

You're gonna be in the front row aren't ya' Dave??? Right next to Delle. You need those extra brownie points to make up for the fact that you failed at getting the cards you needed!!!!

twuer said:

Amfa - "Things didn't go our way so we are going to picket the NMB! BOO HOO BOO HOO!!!!"

You can't be serious???? I have said it several times before. . .desparation has set in!!!!! Piss 'em off that much more why don't you???

You're gonna be in the front row aren't ya' Dave??? Right next to Delle. You need those extra brownie points to make up for the fact that you failed at getting the cards you needed!!!!
So,

You show up with a t-shirt and another TWU slogan at the stock holders meeting and claim victory. Did that piss Arpey off in your mind?

We go to the NMB to insure a fair shake and bring attention to the public regarding the TWU and AA attempt to fraud the Mechanics at AA with an inflated list of ineligible voters, and we are whiners? Which is it twuer, should AMFA be political involved or not? You complain we are not, and then complain when we do.

You are damn right I will be there! Not only that, but I will also be showing the specifics of this action to our Senators. I might even wear one of those Dan Cunningham t-shirts and show everyone what the so-called neutral AA fired the man for also.

Think whatever you want, we will be voting soon.

BTW, I can't help but notice that you dont deny any of the allegations, you just simply spew the TWU playground rhetoric. :blink:

ac•qui•es•cence

Pronunciation: (ak"wE-es'uns), [key]
—n.
1. the act or condition of acquiescing or giving tacit assent; agreement or consent by silence or without objection; compliance (usually fol. by to or in): acquiescence to his boss's demands.
2. Law.such neglect to take legal proceedings for such a long time as to imply the abandonment of a right.

twuer said:

Piss em off that much more? I believe its called holding them accountable before the fact, something the twu doesnt comprehend.

A cry fest is what Arpey witnessed!!!!!!

Decision 2004 said:
So,

You show up with a t-shirt and another TWU slogan at the stock holders meeting and claim victory. Did that piss Arpey off in your mind?

We go to the NMB to insure a fair shake and bring attention to the public regarding the TWU and AA attempt to fraud the Mechanics at AA with an inflated list of ineligible voters, and we are whiners? Which is it twuer, should AMFA be political involved or not? You complain we are not, and then complain when we do.

You are damn right I will be there! Not only that, but I will also be showing the specifics of this action to our Senators. I might even wear one of those Dan Cunningham t-shirts and show everyone what the so-called neutral AA fired the man for also.

Think whatever you want, we will be voting soon.

BTW, I can't help but notice that you dont deny any of the allegations, you just simply spew the TWU playground rhetoric. :blink:

ac•qui•es•cence

Pronunciation: (ak"wE-es'uns), [key]
—n.
1. the act or condition of acquiescing or giving tacit assent; agreement or consent by silence or without objection; compliance (usually fol. by to or in): acquiescence to his boss's demands.
2. Law.such neglect to take legal proceedings for such a long time as to imply the abandonment of a right.
All you want to do it point fingers at someone else. You say fraud (and attempted fraud at that, you have no proof) was committed? Is it fraud to abide by the rules or is it fraud to illegally obtain something and use it to your advantage? Oh, did you forget about that? Amfa is not all rosy on this one Dave. I have seen all of the briefs submitted. Amfa's game is not exactly up to par. By going to the NMB and picketing is just going to bring out amfa's "game plan" as well. The company and the TWU have played by the rules of the NMB. Did you expect NO mistakes to be made? Those mistakes were corrected and the game continues. Amfa was not the only one to find these mistakes. You think amfa's numbers were correct??? They weren't! Do you hear us going anywhere to picket to cry and complain about your numbers??? No! There is a time and place to stand up for yourselves but when the game has been played by the rules (which you are failing to see due to the fact you are so mad that you are losing) you don't go to the rule makers and cry foul. Like I told someone just the other day, reputations are at stake. I doubt very seriously that they would be put up on the chopping block for amfa.

You boys have a good ole time up there in D.C. I noticed that it was quite conveniently scheduled, coinciding with the other picketing that is to take place regarding the outsourcing. Do you think Delle will show at that one? I hope not. He's a big part of the problem!!!

Just a quick question? What are you out to accomplish with your picket line at the NMB Dave?? Skill, knowledge and integrity?? I'm curious!

(a few responses)
You show up with a t-shirt and another TWU slogan at the stock holders meeting
There's a big difference between t-shirts and picketing. Ask Dan!!! :shock: We weren't out to piss anyone off (unlike amfa)!! (Off the subject a bit, but why weren't you there Dave?? A bit too tame for you???)

should AMFA be political involved or not?
You were the one who said you didn't need Washington Dave. A stand alone association I believe.

I will also be showing the specifics of this action to our Senators.
OOOH, using threats Dave, going to the Senators! Be sure to say hello to Dodd (D), Leahy (D), and Harkin (D), and lets get in one republican, oh Bond. . . .Chris Bond (but a warning, he doesn't like that joke much so don't use it if you see him!!). They are a few of the friends of mine up on the hill. Let me know, maybe I can get you in.

twuer, you are really a class act. The NMB requested from AA a list of the employees eligible to vote. AMFA requested the same from AA and TWU. Neither felt the need to supply AMFA or the NMB a list, in order the have a fair election, on a level playing field. Now let me see if I have this right, AMFA obtains a list from someone in managment, and all of a sudden WE have broken the law? First of all twuer, as I have asked before and will continue to ask, what was illegal about AMFA obtaining a list of eligible employees? NO LAW WAS BROKEN! (only company policy) We all had a big laugh at Little's letter complaining about AMFA's connection with someone in AA management. He says that AMFA now has an advantage, and they now know what TWU has known all along. TWU collects our dues based on what our classifications are. They know exactly how many people there are in every speciality. Why didn't TWU give a list to AMFA when asked? Didn't want them to know? Who is trying to keep the playing field to their advantage? Your comments about "mistakes" really cracks me up. AA writes a paycheck every 2 weeks to every employee that is employeed. If they write one for $5 more or less than what I deserve, THAT IS A MISTAKE. Supplying the NMB with a list of dead, retired, laid-off (non-eligible) past TWA, and management employees is FRAUD! (OOPS, we make a minor mistake, sorry about that). AMFA supporters on their own, went through the list and exposed TWU and AA for the true people that they are. CHEATS. We expose you, and you are now crying foul? Don't feel bad though twuer. We knew that this was going to happen even before the AMFA drive. Every airline fo far that has attempted to change unions has had the same B.S. happen to them. I have been in contact with mechanics at NWA for years. They used to come to our AMFA meetings and tell us about the dirty deeds that we should expect from the IAM at TWA. Once we become AMFA, we will go to the AMFA meetings of other airlines and keep them informed of what they should expect while they organize for an AMFA vote. Nothing new, same old fraud. Why is it that when we expose the truth, we are accused of crying? You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you between the eyes. twuer you are just as phony as the rest of your TWU clan.

This AMFA picket is to protect all our profession. I hope that ALL AMTs can make it to DC to speak out AGAINST outsourcing. That also goes for speaking out against AA's in house outsourcing.

I still do not see the afl-cio which the twu claims is so powerful in our industry organizing any informational pickets against outsourcing. This is AMFA's second against FAR Part 145 that I will attend. WE need to protect OUR craft. Make it out for one, two or three of the days.

This picket is no cry fest. It is informing the public about what is going on in our profession. See you there!

The TWU and the company only abide by one rule.

To degrade the profession of the mechanic and related of the airline industry.

I expect it from the company but not the union representative.

(from Dave's post. . .
show everyone what the so-called neutral AA fired the man for also.

Hey Dave, I wouldn't do that if I were you!! That will just make you look stupid. Dan didn't get fired for the shirt, he got fired for insubordination!!!! Oh wait, actually he didn't really get fired, HE QUIT, chose to be a martyr!!!!!! Big difference there.

Just trying to save you some more embarrassment!!!

NO LAW WAS BROKEN! (only company policy)
So flyguy, what you are saying is that it is okay to break "company policy" whenever you feel like it or whenever is benefits you????? Thanks for the admission of guilt anyway!!! :)

Why didn't TWU give a list to AMFA when asked?
Why should we give you anything??? We are not at your beckon call :shock:

We all had a big laugh at Little's letter complaining about AMFA's connection
We have a laugh at you on a daily basis!!! :lol: The most recent topic. . . this post!!!

AMFA supporters on their own, went through the list and exposed TWU and AA for the true people that they are. CHEATS.
I believe that we as well, went through the amfa list and exposed amfa for the true people they are. . .cheats AND hypocrits!

Once we become AMFA, we will go to the AMFA meetings of other airlines and keep them informed of what they should expect while they organize for an AMFA vote.
So, you are advocating fraud and breaking "company policy"???? Nice strategic move!!!! (just a quick side note. . . if they are organizing for an amfa vote doesn't that mean that they AREN'T amfa yet??? :huh: Oh, maybe you are taking about that "associate membership" thing??? :huh: )

Why is it that when we expose the truth, we are accused of crying?
You have yet to prove this "truth" you talk about flyguy!!! Going to the NMB and picketing them is moronic. They are the ones who can help you, why attack them?? What have they done to you so far?? They haven't even come out with a decision yet but yet you want to criticize their actions!!!! More strategery on the part of amfa.

Hey Dave, is this what you meant when you said "watch what happens next"?????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Davie...will yo go have dinner at Delle's expense again? Will he rub your leg and tell ya how ya do not owe him as listed on the LM2?

Remember biggun'.those that cry together, stay together...now go collect $$$ so Melonhead can join ya.

Calvin said:
Hey Davie...will yo go have dinner at Delle's expense again? Will he rub your leg and tell ya how ya do not owe him as listed on the LM2?

Remember biggun'.those that cry together, stay together...now go collect $$$ so Melonhead can join ya.
Nah, I think I'll spend Monday at Arlington National Cemetary and say a lengthy prayer asking for forgiveness that the TWU and you no longer recognize the ultimate sacrifice of our fallen fellow Americans that gives you the right to post on this bulletin board in rantings that resemble a juvenile delinquent freely.

DECORATED_GRAVE.jpg

twuer, it was also company policy at TWA (an agreement between them and the IAM) that no other union could solicit for different representation. I believe that as in the AMFA vs. AA ruling, it's Federal law that was being broken (Railway Labor Act). Company policy doesn't mean anything. What would you do if a AA management employee gave you the list of people that we requested? AMFA is only using the list to verify eligible voters. I was refering to you TWU supporters that keep bringing up the ILLEGAL issue. Again nothing was done that was ILLEGAL! Why should TWU give AMFA any information reguarding the list of eligible supporters? That would be the right thing to do, if you guys wanted a fair vote on a level playing field, but it's obivious that you (and AA) don't want to play on a level field. If the odds aren't in your favor, you don't want to play at all. I'm glad you had a "big laugh" at my last post, we will see who gets the last one. Again twuer, going to other airlines meetings, and them keeping us informed is how we got this far. All of the other AMFA represented airlines have helped AA and TWA organize at our request. They have helped us to understand what we should expect when it comes to removing an incumbent union and replacing it with another. Everything that they have told us has been proven true. I see no reason to not go to the other airlines, and tell them the TWU/AMFA/TWA/AA story. We are all mechanics in a trade that needs to be recognized for our skill. I'm sorry that I can't go to the protest, I would like to know, when a government agency requests information from someone, why that someone isn't fined for false information given them. Truth is honeisty, TWU hasn't been honest with anyone, including US. You stick with TWU if you want. Reduce yourself to whom will be left representing them and see how good your next contract is since you won't be on my coat-tails anymore.

Calvin said:

Speaking of LM-2s, could you tell me why Bobby Gless was not on the TWUs LM-2?

I think we both agree that Gless is an International Employee, who has been signing off on agreements with the company as an International rep but for some reason they did not include him on the LM-2. Do you think that Gless did it all for free? Somebody had to be paying him. Was it the company? What do you think of having your International officers on company payroll?