Amfa Vs. Twu Debate

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
According to recent communications, the AMFA vs. TWU will be scheduled at the Brady Theater in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday January 17th, 2004.

Do you hear what I hear?

Watch for further scheduling, and here is the location.

http://www.bradytheater.com/maps1.htm

All interested mechanics should begin preparations to attend this debate.

We know vacation days are scarce at AA due to "without further ratification" dictators. But you will not want to miss this one.

Contact Tulsa AMFA/AA Organizers for further details.

ALL MECHANICS NEED TO COME TO THE AID OF THE PROFESSION!

Will the twu show up or will they cower to AMFA??? That is the real question. What kind of spin will they attempt for they believe everything should be twisted and lied about. The twu believes the membership is stupid and cannot see truth. Granted the twu does cloud the true picture at times but, only temporarily and even then once the smog lifts the picture becomes even clearer. I believe a debate will clarify many misconceptions and this has to scare the h*** out of the twu but, we will see.

The twu believes they can win the war by hiring a PR firm and paying UB time to keep the spin machine in tact and spinning harder and faster. Our grass roots effort will defeat the great spinning machine and the cultist regime will fall. It does not get any simpler than that. One only has to look at the constitution to see what has made our Country great and one only has to look at the differences in the twu vs., AMFA constitutions to see what will make our craft and class a united work force across the county.

The twu is aligned with the company.

AMFA is aligned with our Craft and Class.

With twu, no officer is accountable to the membership.

With AMFA, all officers are accountable to the mebership.

The twu has sent deception and lies to your family through the mail, that all by it's self should be enough to make everyone understand why we need change and what we must do about it but, there is much more. Here is a link to the AMFA national web site where you can find the AMFA constitution, all of AMFA's contracts and the latest happenings. I suggest anyone reading this board that has not read them to do so. Everything is open with AMFA and is available for anyone to read. No secret letters of agreement no behind closed doors arbitrating no needing passwords to get into AMFA local or national web sites. There is nothing for AMFA to hide!!!

AMFA Home

To go to any AMFA local type:

www.AMFA -then the local number- -then- .org

Such as: www.AMFA33.org or www.AMFA12.org (Our future home web site here in Tulsa)

Let us pray...

Let us pray that GLEAM TEAM TWU has the intestinal fortitude to show up for the debate with AMFA...that they present facts to back their idiotic anti-AMFA allegations...that once presented with the REAL facts from Delle, the Gleam TEAM TWU punks see the error of their evil TWU ways...and once and for all be exorcized of the evil TWU spirit...all these things we humbly ask....Amen ;)

Will the twu show up or will they cower to AMFA???

And why would we cower? You got to be kidding. Please send $$$, I loved the last amfa request I received at my home.

TeamTWU said:

And why would we cower? You got to be kidding. Please send $$$, I loved the last amfa request I received at my home.
You will cower, because thats what the twu does when challenged.

The twu leadership and its blind faithful are made up of several classes. Punks, drunks, COWARDS, felons, and functional illterates.

Make sure your at the debate. Bring your best. :unsure:

The twu leadership and its blind faithful are made up of several classes. Punks, drunks, COWARDS, felons, and functional illterates.

So I am to believe that amfa does not have any Punks, drunks, COWARDS, felons, and functional illterates. Yeah right. Who's gonne rep amfa? Delle? Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Perhaps after the debate and after amfa is not voted in @ AA then you all can give it a rest for a while with your name calling and accusations. You throw the words around to the point it really isn't beneficial to read your posts. However I understand your need to vent your frustration with your obvious lack of drive with amfa, it will be over soon and you will still be my friend.

Have a good Holiday Season!

Hackman said:
TeamTWU said:

Never ceases to amaze me that when the going gets tough you resort to attacks and name calling. What, are you not educated enough to talk without calling names? That's what I mean when I say you guys are on the defensive. Keep up the good work for AMFA!!!

P.S. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me!
:p :p :p :p :p :p (Is that more on your level?)

twuer said:
Hackman said:
TeamTWU said:

Never ceases to amaze me that when the going gets tough you resort to attacks and name calling. What, are you not educated enough to talk without calling names? That's what I mean when I say you guys are on the defensive. Keep up the good work for AMFA!!!

TWER;
Here is a post that the TWU side has not responded to from another thread.

Why is it that when we ask questions you guys abandon the thread? But what else should we expect from the TWU/ATD? Everyone knows its the most docile union in the country. It will do anything, surrender anything in order to avoid confrontation.
Supporting Evidence.

Ed Koziatek- former ATD Director escapes a meeting with angry meetings by slipping out under the pretense he had to use the restroom.

Jim Little- who as head of the ATD accepts responsibility for nothing, everything is to blame on either a) "I dont have a budget, B) I would do it but its up to Sonny, c) the Presidents council did it, or d) its the members fault.

Sonny Hall- recently responded to a letter from an irate Local 562 member that he did not remove the officers of Local 562, the Presidents council made him do it. Funny but a few years back the Presidents council rejected his idea to form seperate locals, they even took him to court, the court agreed that the Presidents council had no power to dictate to the International how they choose to run the union. The council is a non-entity. Local 234 took Sonny Hall to court because he ruled that their President could violate their Bylaws, and Local 562 took him to court. In all these cases Sonny claimed that he had the power to do these things but now he claims that the Presidents council, a body that does not even exist in our Constitution can force him to remove officers of other locals! Not only did he not have the courage to face the accused in the trials now he is trying to deflect blame for his actions!

QUOTE (TeamTWU @ Dec 20 2003, 05:20 PM)
However those mechanics have not taken a wage concession.

Not taken a wage concession? Holding the status as "furloghed member" does not pay equally with that of one who is currently employed. Thus a 100% wage concession was granted by those furloughed at NWA.

Maybe you get paid for no work but most people dont. A layoff is not a pay cut. While a layoff may result in lost earnings it also means that your time is your own. You get paid for the time you put in at work. It is assumed that you work during the period of time that the company is paying you. If you are laid off you do not give your time to the company and you are free to sell that time somewhere else. If you give concessions you have to give the same amount of time to the company for less money, you cant sell it to someone else.

Your time is the most valuable commodity you have. It is finite, and it can never be replaced.

If the NWA guys on furlough have taken a 100% concession how much have the AA guys on furlough taken?

When the NWA guy returns to work how much of a concession will he be taking? How about the AA guy? So in the long run who loses more?

Oh yea I forgot to mention that I passed along some AGW info to our Stock Clerks today. They were VERY interested! They are dissatisfied with the TWU also and they never had an option before when it comes to unions. It seems that the word is spreading fast about the AGW! Imagine losing almost one third of your membership in a matter of months! Not worried? OK, you just keep telling yourself that the TWU is fine the way it is and that this will all go away.

From Bob,
Why is it that when we ask questions you guys abandon the thread? But what else should we expect from the TWU/ATD?

Oh please, I just answered you and you cried about it. What's the point Bob??? You don't debate, you hassle and complain that we don't give you exactly what you want to hear. You ramble on and on and on and on and on but don't get a thing accomplished. Why do you do that by the way?? AMFA is no good Bob. And the facts are clear. You just refuse to look at them.

TEAM TWU CHALLENGES
AMFA TO DEBATE
January 15, Renaissance Hotel

On January 15 in Tulsa, TWU Local 514 and TEAM TWU challenge AMFA to a debate.

A copy of AMFA’s “proposalâ€￾ for a debate in Tulsa was distributed to TWU members. This “proposalâ€￾ failed to give any specific date for a debate and was not addressed to anyone at the TWU. Given this lack of clarity, TWU Local 514 and TEAM TWU challenge AMFA to a debate that involves the working men and women whose jobs are on the line and who are the ones who need to debate this decision.

TEAM TWU will have a panel of three rank-and-file American Airlines mechanic and related members to represent our position, and we invite AMFA to send three rank-and-file supporters who are part of the mechanic and related craft or class at American Airlines to participate and represent AMFA’s position. There will be two debates at noon and 4 p.m., in order to allow workers on all shifts the opportunity to participate.

All members of mechanic and related class or craft from any and all airlines are invited to attend. The debates also will be open to the media.

What: TWU/AMFA Debate

When: Noon and 4 p.m. January 15

Where: Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center; 6808 South 107th East Avenue, Tulsa

The ground rules for the January 15 will be as follows:

1. TWU and AMFA will provide three-person teams for each of the times, with one person on each team serving as chief spokesperson;

2. After a coin flip to decide order, each chief spokesperson will make a 10-minute opening statement;

3. Following opening statements, there will be a 5-minute rebuttal from each team;

4. After rebuttals, the teams will answer questions from the floor for a period of one hour, with questions alternating from AMFA supporters and members of TEAM TWU. The questions will be directed by an impartial moderator;

5. The debate will be open to all mechanic and related members from any and all airlines, and also will be open to the media.

twuer said:
Hackman said:
TeamTWU said:

Oh please, you twuer are not saying your not in the name calling business? I call 'em as I see 'em, if your in the five twu classifications, that's regretable.

If you think for a second the twu does not use every dirty trick in the book then your as obtuse as you seem to be. Of course the twu is omnipotent in your blind eyes.

Consult your PR firm on how to get a clue. :rolleyes:

If I hurt your tender feelings, have mummy wipe your tears. :unsure:

mojo13,

You need details? Ask and you shall receive. This notice has been distributed across the Tulsa Maintnenance Base. And faxed/Mailed to Sonny the Bus Driver Hall.

AMFA vs. TWU Debate Invitation in PDF Format

Is Sonny Hall afraid to show? Is he going to send the rank and file to defend the International Union? He should re-called if that is the case. Oh yeah, you can't do that can you?

2004Debate.jpg

From Hackman. . .
Oh please, you twuer are not saying your not in the name calling business? I call 'em as I see 'em, if your in the five twu classifications, that's regretable.

Just check my posts Hackman. I don't play the same way you do. I play like an adult. I have no reason to be on the defensive. Oh, and you might check your use of the word "obtuse". Nice try though.