Amfa's About-face On Free Speech

Long Term AMT

Jan 8, 2004
I have yet to see any women invovled in the amfa clubs' puritist A/C mechanics group. No wonder, look at how they view women that want equal rights and freedom of speech. How does amfa allow a website to purport unionisim in one post and degrade women on another post? :down:

Excerpt from:

http://www.the-mechanic.com/mainbb.html

03/12/04 :oops:

(webmaster):

Greetings All,
The TWU response to the AMFA filing at American Airlines is here. Note the name of the Press Release's author, Emilie Karrick and the telephone number. Area Code 202 is the Washington, D.C. area. Now, note this page from the Feminist Majority web site, the name Emilie Karrick, and telephone number. Area Code 703 is the Washington D.C. suburbs of Northern Virginia. Is this "Emilie Karrick" the same person writing TWU propaganda? - TM

Reply-visitor
TM, what's the point here? Just wondering.

Reply(webmaster):

Well, since Tulsa, Oklahoma is generally considered to be rather conservative politically, I was wondering if the TWU is actually using a propagandist that is primarily noted for defense of abortion clinics. It appears somewhat illogical to employ Eleanor Smeal's press secretary to win votes in TUL. However, who knows...? - TM :oops:

Go to:
http://www.feminist.org/welcome/esbio.html

and read about people that seek rights as well, other than Delle :blink: .

Why :blink: are :blink: you :blink: guys :blink: so :blink: against womens rights?

Long Term AMT said:
I have yet to see any women invovled in the amfa clubs' puritist A/C mechanics group. No wonder, look at how they view women that want equal rights and freedom of speech. How does amfa allow a website to purport unionisim in one post and degrade women on another post? :down:

Excerpt from:

http://www.the-mechanic.com/mainbb.html

03/12/04 :oops:

(webmaster):

Greetings All,
The TWU response to the AMFA filing at American Airlines is here. Note the name of the Press Release's author, Emilie Karrick and the telephone number. Area Code 202 is the Washington, D.C. area. Now, note this page from the Feminist Majority web site, the name Emilie Karrick, and telephone number. Area Code 703 is the Washington D.C. suburbs of Northern Virginia. Is this "Emilie Karrick" the same person writing TWU propaganda? - TM

Reply-visitor
TM, what's the point here? Just wondering.

Reply(webmaster):

Well, since Tulsa, Oklahoma is generally considered to be rather conservative politically, I was wondering if the TWU is actually using a propagandist that is primarily noted for defense of abortion clinics. It appears somewhat illogical to employ Eleanor Smeal's press secretary to win votes in TUL. However, who knows...? - TM :oops:

Go to:
http://www.feminist.org/welcome/esbio.html

and read about people that seek rights as well, other than Delle :blink: .

Why :blink: are :blink: you :blink: guys :blink: so :blink: against womens rights?
grasping at straws a bit aren't you ? Better be careful your posts are beginning to smell more and more of desperation...

I think that most of the women we have pretty much know how the men here think, TWU or AMFA. I've been to COPE Conventions and seen Peggy Olstien backtrack to say that union dues are not used for feminist issues. One example she brought up was a request by a Long Island NY Local to support a Republican, RTL candidate. She said her immediate response "no way, he"s against a womans right to choice (abortion)". After they showed her his voting record on issues that directly affected the members, such as funding for Busses, she relented.

I dont think that members on either side feel that women mechanics should not be entitled to everything that male mechanics get, including pay, benifits etc. And if some do then shame on them. However I think that you might find that more than a few of our female mechanics would disagree with some feminist inspired goals such as legislating that employers pay a female office worker the same as a male who digs ditches because someone who does neither determines that the skills required are of the approximate same market value.

Bob, it must be aggravating to you to be the man-about -town and well travelled phatboy that you are to be melded down to nothing more than a hobbit's pawn. A sad day at Ridgemont High huh Boobsie? Why. I'd bet we could post any subject, at random , here and you could post a reply of no less than 10,000 words on your rendition accompanied by a short 5,000 word synopsis. You the man biggun! :rolleyes:

Johnny Lunchbox said:
Bob, it must be aggravating to you to be the man-about -town and well travelled phatboy that you are to be melded down to nothing more than a hobbit's pawn. A sad day at Ridgemont High huh Boobsie? Why. I'd bet we could post any subject, at random , here and you could post a reply of no less than 10,000 words on your rendition accompanied by a short 5,000 word synopsis. You the man biggun! :rolleyes:
Say Mike, why exactly are you posting on this site to begin with? You're not an AMT or OSM. What gives? Too much peanut butter and jelly? :huh:

Lunchbox,

I will stand beside an intellegent man who has the courage to place his real name on every post, regardless of his physical size and proudly carry the fight of the profession. On the other hand, you are here, behind another alias, using nothing but personal attacks and proudly rubbing in the fact that a man legally elected by the membership and still has the membership support was removed from office by the TWU Dictators. Tell us Johnny Lunchbox, what exactly do you hope to gain in this debate by your conduct, lack of substance and reasoning in your post? Half the time I wonder if you are really an AMFA advocate imitating a blind sheep in a humorous way to gain degrade the TWU position further. Because your side of the conflict stands to gain absolutely nothing by your actions and postings, but we gain much from them. Whos side are you on anyway?

Bob Owens is a man of integrity.

Your fellow advocates recently posted that the membership "will decide" issues.

How can the "membership decide" when they cannot even choose who represents them at the Local level?

I know this, I would rather stand with a single man with courage, integrity, and over weight, than to stand beside 1,000 blind sheep that will not stand and fight at all. I would rather stand with that one man a die a warrior than to be on my knees with the 1,000 and leave this earth a coward. I have no use for you, your childish lack of reasoning, or the other 999.

Decision 2004 said:
I will date an intellegent man who has the courage to place his real name on every post, regardless of his physical size and proudly carry the fight of the profession. On the other hand, you are here, behind another alias, using nothing but personal attacks and proudly rubbing in the fact that a man legally elected by the membership and still has the membership support was removed from office by his lack of integrity. Tell us Johnny Lunchbox, what exactly do you hope to gain in this debate by your conduct, lack of substance and reasoning in your post? Half the time I wonder if you are really an AMFA advocate imitating a blind sheep to get my attention in a sexual way to gain upgrade the TWU position further. Because your side of the conflict stands to gain absolutely everything by your actions and postings, but we lose much from them. Whos side are you on anyway?

Bob Owens is a man minus integrity.

How can the "membership decide" when they cannot even choose who represents them at the Local level?

I know this, I would rather date a single man with courage, integrity, and preferably over weight, than to date 1,000 blind sheep that will not stand and fight at all. I would rather date one man a die a woman than to be on my knees with the 1,000 and leave this earth happy. I have no use for you, your adult reasoning, or the other 999.
Dave, I don't even know why I respond to nobody's as yourself. You stand besides anyone will have them looking ay their wallets and lunchboxes. Tell me Davey, has the hobbit asked to resist in your fowl mouth and unprofessional ways? Will you be running for govenor? You need to stop backing losers like Owens, he was caught being unprofessional by professionals. Cost him $800/mo., now he's editting for a living.

Organizers like AMFA had is why I'll stay TWU, tell me, do you all stay in the same trailer park? :D

Lunchbox,

You respond to me the "nobody" because you can hide behind an alias, not be held accountable, and you are scared. Simple as that.

Yeah, that's it dave, I'm scared of you. You such a tough guy and all....did the hobbit tell ya to stand tall, and you asked "how about wide?". Please don't hurt me Davey boy, you so intimidating with your mass and all.

Oh yeah..Decision 2004..is that your real name? You ain't hiding behind that alias are ya biggun'?

Johnny Lunchbox said:
Yeah, that's it dave, I'm scared of you. You such a tough guy and all....did the hobbit tell ya to stand tall, and you asked "how about wide?". Please don't hurt me Davey boy, you so intimidating with your mass and all.

Oh yeah..Decision 2004..is that your real name? You ain't hiding behind that alias are ya biggun'?
Decision 2004, it's an alias. (Duh)
I am wide.
Have not talked to a hobbit.
I will not hurt you.
And it is not me that you fear.

Johnny Lunchbox said:
So tell me wide one..what is it I fear?

Is the Decision 2004 to supersize or not to supersize that order of fries?
You fear the TRUTH.

And Decision 2004 will be supersize. We will become the largest AMFA carrier and Local 12 will be the largest local. That has supersized written all over it.

Gun Control And The AFL-CIO

The National Rifle Association of America is a single-issue organization that represents firearms owners and works to defend and protect their rights as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. In its 132-year history as the nation`s oldest civil rights organization, the NRA has never adopted any policy or practice regarding unions, organized labor, labor management or labor relations issues of any kind.

On the other hand, the American Federation of Labor & Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) have continually stepped outside the purview of labor relations and adopted decidedly anti-gun positions that infringe upon the rights of law-abiding firearms owners.

The national leadership of the AFL-CIO has supported restrictive "gun control" legislation for nearly a quarter of a century.

1971: The Executive Council of the AFL-CIO adopted a resolution stating, "the AFL-CIO strongly urges Congress to enact strong handgun control legislation."
1976: The AFL-CIO announced it`s support for legislation which would ban "weapons such as the so-called `Saturday Night Special` from the public domain."

1987: The AFL-CIO`s Executive Council issued a resolution in support of a national seven-day waiting period on the purchase of all handguns.

1989: The AFL-CIO came out strongly in support of the Brady Bill and its national waiting period on the purchase of handguns by law-abiding gun owners. AFL-CIO leadership also resolved to support U.S. Sen. Dennis DeConcini`s S.747, a bill to ban the importation, domestic manufacture and sale of certain semi-automatic firearms.

1994: Most recently, the AFL-CIO`s leadership supported the Clinton Crime Bill and its ban on certain semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns and large-capacity magazines.

Johnny Lunchbox said:
QUOTE (Decision 2004 @ Mar 13 2004, 04:26 PM)
I will date an intellegent man who has the courage to place his real name on every post, regardless of his physical size and proudly carry the fight of the profession. On the other hand, you are here, behind another alias, using nothing but personal attacks and proudly rubbing in the fact that a man legally elected by the membership and still has the membership support was removed from office by his lack of integrity. Tell us Johnny Lunchbox, what exactly do you hope to gain in this debate by your conduct, lack of substance and reasoning in your post? Half the time I wonder if you are really an AMFA advocate imitating a blind sheep to get my attention in a sexual way to gain upgrade the TWU position further. Because your side of the conflict stands to gain absolutely everything by your actions and postings, but we lose much from them. Whos side are you on anyway?

Bob Owens is a man minus integrity.

I know this, I would rather date a single man with courage, integrity, and preferably over weight, than to date 1,000 blind sheep that will not stand and fight at all. I would rather date one man a die a woman than to be on my knees with the 1,000 and leave this earth happy. I have no use for you, your adult reasoning, or the other 999.
Only a coward would take someone's original post and edit the words to insult them or a minority group (see the first line). This is about the 5th time I have seen you "gay bash" someone. Is that the TWU? A bunch of homophobes?...

You need to grow up. No wonder why AMFA got enough cards to file... with people like you representing the TWU it is amazing that people aren't running the other direction at a faster speed.