Amfa's Politics

MCI AFL-CIO

Advanced
Sep 29, 2003
Amfa’s Politics

This is the extent of amfas politics! "Note" whom the Link References!

http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/11_Safety&St...lation7-03.html

Overtime Legislation by the AFL-CIO

July 2, 2003

The fight to protect overtime pay is really heating up. The Bush administration's drive to take away overtime pay from at least 8 million people will heat up soon, too. Their regulatory changes are being implemented without a single public hearing. But during the last two weeks of the period for written public comments that ended on June 30, people like you sent more than 70,000 letters to the U.S. Department of Labor expressing opposition to these harmful changes. This is fantastic! Your activism helped propel this issue into the headlines.

Now this campaign turns to President Bush, our senators and our representatives. They can stop these harmful overtime pay cuts before they become law.

Over the next couple of months, we'll ask our legislator's to get involved in the campaign to repeal the bush overtime cuts. But right now please send a message opposing the overtime pay take-away to President Bush with a copy to your senators and representatives by clicking on the link below. We need to tell them to stop these huge pay cuts.

This link comes off amfa's site; This Information has been removed;

Qoute from Lee Seham dated Aug.4 2003;

----AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO "material on its website. Pursuant to your request, AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO links from its website and will refrain from publishing such links in the future.----

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/otpayj1...j1/i7uwkk42jixw

Local 33 Politics Page; http://www.amfa33.org/Legislative/index.html

On the issue of Foreign Maintenance,It has been rumored Senator Mark Dayton called amfa and requested the Information be removed from their website.( Note Senator Dayton would not put this in writing) AMFA does not Belong to the AFL-CIO and is attempting to deceive its own members by printing information on their website. Is this considered riding on the coat-tails of others?

AMFA International does not believe they should be involved in U.S. Politics to help their members, while collecting the same percentage of Union dues as other Unions!

Note: amfa does assess additional fees from some of there members.

You be the Judge! Where is all the Money Going?

Learn the facts! Get Informed

Great post, Need to mention amfa has set up a legislative office thru the McCormick group so there is no accountability to assist the members who wish to participate. Keep in mind you have to do the work! Have yet to see anything constructive put out.

Thanks to the pressure the AFL-CIO and others, amfa had to make it appear they were doing something.

I see once again you guys missed the point entirely.

AMFA will only do what the membership elects it to do. (what part of that do you not understand)

If I want them to fight the overtime issue then I take it to the local and the membership decides. Why fight something that has nothing to do with Mechanic and Related. After all the great language in the twu contract specifically states how overtime works for us here at American. (By the way the twu gave away all our double time, I see them as the bigger threat here.) We are under contract with the company, just like with the right to work laws this law will not affect how we do business.

You people should spend more time and money on what our next contract should be, not on some back stabbing politician.

You people have spent so much time under the afl-cio that you have no concept of how a union should work for you. The afl-cio was created by a bunch of communist dictator's telling their constituants how things are going to be and you lap it up.

I believe it should be the other way around, I should be telling them how it should be and they should respond to it. The union should be here working for us, I can not even get the twu international to stand up and negotiate for my vote in the up coming election with AMFA.

I say it's time for change, bring in AMFA

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Amfa’s Politics

July 2, 2003

The fight to protect overtime pay is really heating up. The Bush administration's drive to take away overtime pay from at least 8 million people will heat up soon, too. Their regulatory changes are being implemented without a single public hearing. But during the last two weeks of the period for written public comments that ended on June 30, people like you sent more than 70,000 letters to the U.S. Department of Labor expressing opposition to these harmful changes. This is fantastic! Your activism helped propel this issue into the headlines.

Now this campaign turns to President Bush, our senators and our representatives. They can stop these harmful overtime pay cuts before they become law.

Over the next couple of months, we'll ask our legislator's to get involved in the campaign to repeal the bush overtime cuts. But right now please send a message opposing the overtime pay take-away to President Bush with a copy to your senators and representatives by clicking on the link below. We need to tell them to stop these huge pay cuts.

----AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO "material on its website. Pursuant to your request, AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO links from its website and will refrain from publishing such links in the future.----

On the issue of Foreign Maintenance,It has been rumored Senator Mark Dayton called amfa and requested the Information be removed from their website.( Note Senator Dayton would not put this in writing) AMFA does not Belong to the AFL-CIO and is attempting to deceive its own members by printing information on their website. Is this considered riding on the coat-tails of others?

AMFA International does not believe they should be involved in U.S. Politics to help their members, while collecting the same percentage of Union dues as other Unions!

I saw the effectiveness of one of Sonnys pet E-Boards at the COPE Convention this past spring.

We had an appointment to meet with our NY Senator Chuck Schumer. Local 562 and Local 501.

Local 501 never showed even though they had at least 4 guys at the conference.

THe prior evening we saw them leaving the Hotel as we were retiring for the night.

After our meeting with Sen Schumer we saw them back at the Hotel and asked what happened. We were told they were too "wrecked" from partying the night before.

I have no doubt that the members of Local 501 spent a pretty penny at the COPE Conference. I also have no doubt that they did not get what they were paying for.

These are the types of "leaders" that Sonny loves. Wreckless, irresponsible, incompetant but OBEDIENT. Sonny says jump, they say how high? Who cares about the members as long as they do what Sonny says.

Thrustfuljet said:
Why fight something that has nothing to do with Mechanic and Related.

THATS THE BIG DIFFERENCE...........AFL-CIO will continually fight for for something that matters to them, RANK AND FILE and also other workgroups, union or non union, How much of your current workrules, state and federal were instigatd because of the involvemnt of unions, AFL-CIO affiliated? Your son and daughters benfit from the unions existance while obtaing jobs and going to school to be required breaks and lunches, not to mention over time, Insurance, retirement priveleges, so it does matter, we do need avoice that will work for all not just mechanic

The afl-cio was created by a bunch of communist dictator's telling their constituants how things are going to be and you lap it

I guess your referring to the communists dictators telling theri constituates to give the workers breaks and lunches and vacation, insurance, retirement? If thats what you refer the AFL-CIO as

MCI AFL-CIO:

Could you please make a list of the accomplishments of the AFL-CIO over the last 20 years? If you could, please pay particular attention to the aircraft industry, however do not limit yourself to it.

Also what are your feelings of the political plank of the AFL-CIO?

Bob Owens said:
MCI AFL-CIO said:
Amfa’s Politics

July 2, 2003

----AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO "material on its website. Pursuant to your request,  AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO links from its website and will refrain from publishing such links in the future.----

I saw the effectiveness of one of Sonnys pet E-Boards at the COPE Convention this past spring.

We had an appointment to meet with our NY Senator Chuck Schumer. Local 562 and Local 501.

THe prior evening we saw them leaving the Hotel as we were retiring for the night.

After our meeting with Sen Schumer we saw them back at the Hotel and asked what happened. We were told they were too "wrecked" from partying the night before.

I have no doubt that the members of Local 501 spent a pretty penny at the COPE Conference. I also have no doubt that they did not get what they were paying for.

These are the types of "leaders" that Sonny loves. Wreckless, irresponsible, incompetant but OBEDIENT. Sonny says jump, they say how high? Who cares about the members as long as they do what Sonny says.
What, no comment on the post Bob, you have to redirect at all cost don't you?? Can't let amfa look bad for too long, change the subject, redirect, redirect, redirect.
Is that what Delle taught you at the amfa meeting a few weeks ago???

twuer said:
Bob Owens said:
What, no comment on the post Bob, you have to redirect at all cost don't you?? Can't let amfa look bad for too long, change the subject, redirect, redirect, redirect.
Well at least I respond. Unlike you guys who simply avoid anything unfavorable like;AA mechanics pay vs CPI!

By the way I thought that you knew that I was not at the meeting a few weeks ago.
As far as the post, what was worth commenting on? Ive already stated that once AMFA finishes organizing all the mechanics I would favor joining the AFL-CIO. A majority of the AFL-CIO unions are craft unions arent they? The AFL-CIO is like a tool, it can help someone who has the skills to use it but in the wrong hands its useless. Little often complained about the AFL-CIO, maybe thats because he didnt know how to use it.

Bob Owens said:
MCI AFL-CIO said:
Amfa?s Politics

July 2, 2003

----AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO "material on its website. Pursuant to your request,  AMFA will remove all AFL-CIO links from its website and will refrain from publishing such links in the future.----

Who elected those four to their positions? Do you really think that the track record of member participation will change, meeting attendance will increase under any other union?

The only reason you would see larger turnouts, for a while is that the previous union's supporters are going to try to prevent too much damage being done by the new kids on the block. When every one realizes that they have no say and are talking to fanatics, the deal cutting will start, unless one has enough time to retire.

The list of accomplishments is to large to go over the last 20 Years, I do challenge you to see what is currently being discussed!

AFL-CIO

And you will see the difference in representation, Here is a AGW sponsored site in conjunction with ?

AGW/Amfa? Donation scheme!

Read closely, you will see the difference in Representation! (13 million members Vs. 0)

j7915 said:
Who elected those four to their positions? Do you really think that the track record of member participation will change, meeting attendance will increase under any other union?

The only reason you would see larger turnouts, for a while is that the previous union's supporters are going to try to prevent too much damage being done by the new kids on the block. When every one realizes that they have no say and are talking to fanatics, the deal cutting will start, unless one has enough time to retire.
Do you really want to get into how Sonnys boys came to power at Local 501?

Maybe we should wait until after the court makes a ruling on it. Another one of Sonny's abuse of power. For starters we can say that it appears that Sonny was in cahoots with the company as they fired the previous E-board on trumped up charges in the middle of the election while the International did nothing.

Do I think that all of a sudden every mechanic will embrace unionism and attend every meeting? No. But I do think that participation will increase. I think that mechanics are more likely to support issues that are brought up in their own mechanics union than they did with the TWU. Even with the seperate Locals participation was better than it was before on the lines.

Getting back to Local 501. The word on the floor is that things are looking good in their lawsuit to strip Ex-TWA employees of their seniority. All you MCI boys and girls should be aware of the fact that 501 does what the International tells it to do. There is no way they would have gone forward with this lawsuit without Sonny Halls blessing.

So why are you guys out there in MCI sticking with the TWU?

Bob Owens said:
twuer said:
Bob Owens said:
Well at least I respond. Unlike you guys who simply avoid anything unfavorable like;AA mechanics pay vs CPI!

By the way I thought that you knew that I was not at the meeting a few weeks ago.
As far as the post, what was worth commenting on? Ive already stated that once AMFA finishes organizing all the mechanics I would favor joining the AFL-CIO. A majority of the AFL-CIO unions are craft unions arent they? The AFL-CIO is like a tool, it can help someone who has the skills to use it but in the wrong hands its useless. Little often complained about the AFL-CIO, maybe thats because he didnt know how to use it.
AFL-CIO???????????

Look, Bob is singing another tune here.

So, why the change of heart Bobby??????? Please tell us. . .

twuer said:
Look, Bob is singing another tune here.

So, why the change of heart Bobby??????? Please tell us. . .
Singing a new tune? Change of heart?

Obviously you have not been listening to me.

And then you complain that I keep repeating myself, now you know why, because you still dont get it.

I'll say it again. There are advantages to being in the AFL-CIO, however those advantages are not a good enough excuse to stay with an ineffective union, or do you like the tool comparasion better?

Now once again, I'm giving you direct responses yet you fail to address my queries. How come you wont follow up on your responses to "AA mechanics pay vs CPI"?