AMP Endorsements

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
My name is Dennis Hayes and I recently ran for Vice President for the Local 514. My running mate was Kevin Creaser. Together we promised to shake things up and I’m proud to say we meant it. We had anticipated problems with the International as we had identified the International our greatest roadblock to receiving a fair contract.

The International always seemed to settle for less and then to expect local officers to endorse a bad contract. It is as if the International cared more about their unfettered flow of dues than us. I personally believe Michael Quill would be appalled at what had become of his union.

During the recent election I started a website, www.514defenders.org , in which I explained our points of view on the different issues that affected us.

I want to explain clearly that this site was about defending the membership of the TWU 514 and not the International that had sold us out again and again. I never blamed the company it was their job to get as much as they could in negotiations and with the International running the show there was much for the company to plunder.

The idea of our own home-grown union intrigued me. I always felt we’d do all right if we had the International out of the way and here is an opportunity to do just that. The Pilots and the Flight Attendants started their own independent unions several years ago and I can honestly say I believe they are doing no worse than us.

So I have committed myself to eliminating our largest obstacle in receiving a decent contract removing the International from the loop.

In May I began a petition to have our current t/a suspended. Over 2200 members signed that petition. They saw the tentative as something that should never have been brought back. How there could be such a divide in opinion between the International and the membership is beyond me.

I urge all who signed the petition to fill out a card for a representational election.

Perhaps I’m out of touch with the desires of the membership. This election will either confirm the International’s position and eliminate all threats to it or will put the membership in charge of its own destiny. Are they not always telling us we are the union?

Mr. Little recently told us we must evolve or dissolve. To be honest I haven’t seen much evidence of evolving other than this drive to unseat the International.

There have been many attempts by the membership to introduce democratic reforms and somehow they never seem to make it to the floor of the convention. Matters that strengthen the International’s grasp on affairs of the membership always seem to make it to the floor.

In short I think it is time to send the International packing. I endorse AMP.

My name is Dennis Hayes and I recently ran for Vice President for the Local 514. My running mate was Kevin Creaser. Together we promised to shake things up and I’m proud to say we meant it. We had anticipated problems with the International as we had identified the International our greatest roadblock to receiving a fair contract.

The International always seemed to settle for less and then to expect local officers to endorse a bad contract. It is as if the International cared more about their unfettered flow of dues than us. I personally believe Michael Quill would be appalled at what had become of his union.

During the recent election I started a website, www.514defenders.org , in which I explained our points of view on the different issues that affected us.

I want to explain clearly that this site was about defending the membership of the TWU 514 and not the International that had sold us out again and again. I never blamed the company it was their job to get as much as they could in negotiations and with the International running the show there was much for the company to plunder.

The idea of our own home-grown union intrigued me. I always felt we’d do all right if we had the International out of the way and here is an opportunity to do just that. The Pilots and the Flight Attendants started their own independent unions several years ago and I can honestly say I believe they are doing no worse than us.

So I have committed myself to eliminating our largest obstacle in receiving a decent contract removing the International from the loop.

In May I began a petition to have our current t/a suspended. Over 2200 members signed that petition. They saw the tentative as something that should never have been brought back. How there could be such a divide in opinion between the International and the membership is beyond me.

I urge all who signed the petition to fill out a card for a representational election.

Perhaps I’m out of touch with the desires of the membership. This election will either confirm the International’s position and eliminate all threats to it or will put the membership in charge of its own destiny. Are they not always telling us we are the union?

Mr. Little recently told us we must evolve or dissolve. To be honest I haven’t seen much evidence of evolving other than this drive to unseat the International.

There have been many attempts by the membership to introduce democratic reforms and somehow they never seem to make it to the floor of the convention. Matters that strengthen the International’s grasp on affairs of the membership always seem to make it to the floor.

In short I think it is time to send the International packing. I endorse AMP.

Well, we want to thank you Dennis for endorsing AMP and that comes from an AMP Steering Committee Member. I would hope that anyone who truley wants to succeed in this Profession, would fire the TWU and endorse AMP also. This profession can be a decent career but, we have seen the TWU International continue to set concessionary standards as the norm. I'm in agreement with you! In order for this profession to thrive, we have to get rid of Union representaion like the TWU International and TWU as awhole. The time has come.

This initial Mailout should get the majority of the Tulsa Base informed on the Independant Union formed by the membership for the membership this week. I want to say up to date thus far, I have had simply no friction or disageement that this Independant Union is not wanted. I know the TWU will have to recognize AMP and retaliate in the not to distant future. I have been all over the base and people want to know where do I get more information. I have talked to stock clerks regarding AMP and they first want to know if the Stock clerks are allowed to come and Second when can they come. The stock clerks are almost envious that we could be leaving them. They know this is their wayout of the rut they have been in for years just like Mechanics and related. In my opinion, from what my feedback has been, why have we not done this sooner? We all would be able to take self-control of our own destiny with out the TWU International dictating what is best for us. People are just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I would encourage everyone to get informed on the AMP Constitution and FAQ of NMB and to sign a representation card from this initial mailout. You can also get a representaional card from the organizers in the hangar 6,5,4,3,2,1, and cam bldg. or Turbine bldg to get a representation card. If people dont like those options, go online to www.ampnational.org and go to the top header tabs- Represtation Card. Print this off and fill our information and send it to the address. Thanks again everyone, for all donations, support, feedback and endorcements from Tulsa and from around the system. Thank you dennis for this Topic.

I suddenly feel I have been victimized by censorship or information edit syndrome

Come on Man

maybe the new prez of 514 will give you a endorsement also

as good as this amp drive to create a new association maybe I think its coming a little to late and to top it off with 514 defenders being beat out by a fsc please

we tried for years to get AMFA in here at AA and one of the biggest supporters of AMFA is now a Executive Board Members for the TWU

AMFA would be the better way to go aleast there we know who stands with there association

AMP still no talk of you in chicago or out laying stations and if this is a grass roots tulsa movement voting in a fsc well

enough said

hey if the defenders got voted into twu

what would be there postion on backing you?

AMP still no talk of you in chicago or out laying stations and if this is a grass roots tulsa movement voting in a fsc well

enough said

Well what are you waiting for? Get the ball rolling at ORD. Why post here and express your issues when you could be doing this at your base in ORD? Get the word out to your fellow AMT's.

Well, we want to thank you Dennis for endorsing AMP and that comes from an AMP Steering Committee Member. I would hope that anyone who truley wants to succeed in this Profession, would fire the TWU and endorse AMP also. This profession can be a decent career but, we have seen the TWU International continue to set concessionary standards as the norm. I'm in agreement with you! In order for this profession to thrive, we have to get rid of Union representaion like the TWU International and TWU as awhole. The time has come.
... snip
I didn't wait for the mailing - already signed a printed-out card and returned it.

... put it in an envelope as I don't care to send any info exposed in the mail.

I didn't wait for the mailing - already signed a printed-out card and returned it.

... put it in an envelope as I don't care to send any info exposed in the mail.
Goose, that would mean you are self relient. We all need to be self relient and stand on our own two feet for what is right. If we dont we will continue to take it in the shorts.

maybe the new prez of 514 will give you a endorsement also

as good as this amp drive to create a new association maybe I think its coming a little to late and to top it off with 514 defenders being beat out by a fsc please

we tried for years to get AMFA in here at AA and one of the biggest supporters of AMFA is now a Executive Board Members for the TWU

AMFA would be the better way to go aleast there we know who stands with there association

enough said

What specific information do you need to take to your co-workers? You can tell them the information on an Independant Union at AA? Come on! To late for what? You can say, what if, about AMFA or the biggest supporters of AMFA is now a E-Baord member, excuses, after excuse. Take the information you have and let people know. I will officially tell you THERE IS A CARD DRIVE GOING ON IN ORD RIGHT NOW! Sign a Card if you are unhappy with the TWU. , Take the ball and run, If you tell just one person and he tells someone, and you hear him tell that other person, now you can say you heard talk. pretty silly

I agree with you AMFA is established, but the last drive for whatever reasons and there were several, did not happen. Sorry

Ok, guys. Enough is enough. :lol: We now have 6 active threads about the TWU TA and/or the AMP card drive. Some of you are posting the same reply on every thread. Please do not start anymore threads on either subject. Trust that the thought you just had or the newspaper/Internet article you just found about either subject is probably not unique enough to require a separate thread. Just add it to one of the threads as a new comment.

One other thing that one of you forgot...Public comment about moderator actions is an automatic 14-day suspension. If you are not familiar with the AirlineForums.com rules, they are posted at the top of the American Airline forum. Please read them.