AMR CEO Horton to Get $19.9 Million in US Airways Merger

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-14/amr-ceo-horton-to-get-19-9-million-in-us-airways-merger.html

AMR CEO Horton to Get $19.9 Million in US Airways Merger

By Mary
AMR Corp. Chief Executive Officer Tom Horton will receive $19.9 million in compensation as the parent of American Airlines merges with US Airways Group Inc. and he steps aside.
Horton will receive the half-cash, half-stock payment when the deal closes, AMR said today in a regulatory filing. He will remain chairman until the combined airline’s first shareholder meeting and in that role will receive non-employee director compensation, according to the filing.

Reactions: 1 person
Good for him, seems you all got what you wished for having him leave and now you're stuck with Doug Parker.

Josh

Yeah, I'm sure Horton has had a few sleepless nights worrying about how a new non-rev policy will affect AA employees, or who gets kicked out of the corner offices at Centreport.

Good for him, seems you all got what you wished for having him leave and now you're stuck with Doug Parker.

Josh
I for one did not wish for this. I am not a fan of Parker. After seeing him on the town hall meeting feed I am even a lesser fan. I don't trust him.

I for one did not wish for this. I am not a fan of Parker. After seeing him on the town hall meeting feed I am even a lesser fan. I don't trust him.
Nobody was big a fan of Robert Crandall when he was CEO either, but at least he ran the airline effectively and had industry vision. And we have not seen that since.

Yeah, Crandall was a visionary. I'm glad to have been employed at AA under his leadership. He was a straight shooter and you knew exactly where you stood with him. I give him alot of respect for that. He wasn't the most politically correct leader but he didn't give a damn what anyone thought of him

Nobody was big a fan of Robert Crandall when he was CEO either, but at least he ran the airline effectively and had industry vision. And we have not seen that since.

In a couple of decades, memories will fade and old-timers will pine for Tom Horton and fondly remember his reign of terror.

Reactions: 2 people
In a couple of decades, memories will fade and old-timers will pine for Tom Horton and fondly remember his reign of terror.

About as likely as AA Employees wishing for FWAA and EOLESEN to return and continually admire the "deep bench," of AA MGT talent while equally holding the Unions' at AA responsibled for the demise of AMR and athropogenic global warming.

Reactions: 3 people
About as likely as AA Employees wishing for FWAA and EOLESEN to return and continually admire the "deep bench," of AA MGT talent while equally holding the Unions' at AA responsibled for the demise of AMR and athropogenic global warming.

Don't worry, Boomer. The airline I went to work for died years ago. Unless there is another zero inserted before the decimal point to my previous salary, there's a higher chance of Carty returning than there will be for me.

$19.9 million? He was short changed. I guess he did not screw over the employees as much as he wanted too or could have. By the good ole boys club standards he was below average on his golden parachute.

They look like a couple of SNAKES..

75540_10151522378674994_1478683889_n_zps0b17a7ef.jpg