Amr Faces Twa Contract Lawsuit

woztwa

Apr 26, 2003
AMR faces TWA contract lawsuit

AMR Corp.'s American Airlines Inc., the world's largest airline, must face former Trans World Airlines Inc. workers' claims that the carrier reneged on an agreement giving retirees free and cut-rate airfare after acquiring TWA, a judge said.

U.S. District Judge Joseph J. Farnan Jr. in Wilmington, Del., rebuffed American's bid to throw out suits by a former TWA pilot, flight attendant and other employees over the airline's refusal to honor a union contract providing free passes and reduced airfares to some retirees. American purchased TWA in a bankruptcy court auction in 2001 for $4.2 billion.

(Sun Sentinel, today) :up:

Wow, the article says American PURCHASED TWA in a bankruptcy court auction in 2001 for 4.2 billion dollars.

PURCHASED, NOT MERGER!

According to the TWA lawsuit happy employees, this was a MERGER!

SOME MERGER WHEN ONLY ONE SIDE, AA, GETS THE PRIVILEGE OF PAYING $4.2 BILLION DOLLARS!

AND YOU WANT FULL SENIORITY?????????????????????????????????????

You want full seniority, then give back HALF THE 4.2 BILLION AA WASTED ON YOU INGRATEFUL BUNCH!

BETTER YET, HOW ABOUT THE FULL 4.2 BILLION!

CAN YOU SAY 100%, 25%, AND 4/10/01????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

TOO BAD THE REST OF YOUR ALMA MATTER RECEIVED 4/10/01 SENIORITY IN MIAMI?????????????

MOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Hopeful said:
Wow, the article says American PURCHASED TWA in a bankruptcy court auction in 2001 for 4.2 billion dollars.

PURCHASED, NOT MERGER!

According to the TWA lawsuit happy employees, this was a MERGER!

SOME MERGER WHEN ONLY ONE SIDE, AA, GETS THE PRIVILEGE OF PAYING $4.2 BILLION DOLLARS!

AND YOU WANT FULL SENIORITY?????????????????????????????????????
Okay Hopeful -

One more time from the top. The former TWA F/A lawsuit against AA/APFA/TWA. LLc. concerning seniority does not turn on whether or not the combination of the airlines was a merger or a purchase.

Rather than expose yourself as being uninformed, or worse, please do your own legal research to gain an even basic understanding of why this issue is not relevant to the former TWA F/A's tort law claims.

I have tried to present you with the information necessary to understand the legal reasoning behind why the terminology argument you are so fond of does not matter. In light of your continued refusal to either accept or understand that information, I am through trying to educate you in this area of the law.

So, continue to make your outrageous and legally irreverent arguments. It will not change the likely outcome of the litigation.

You're right, Hunter, my boy!

Remember the KASHER decison, which is BINDING!
100%, 25%, and 4/10/01 depending on station. BINDING ARBITRATION IS JUST THAT: BINDING!

As long as you stay in STL and MCI, you get 100%

THAT, HUNTER, MY BOY, WILL BE THE RESULT OF LITIGATION!

By the way, HUNTER, my boy, where and when did you receive your law degree?

HEY SILVERBULLET, I HOPE YOU'RE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT, BECAUSE IF YOU ARE MECHANIC AND RELATED, ALL YOU'VEE GOT IS 100% ,25% OR 4/10/01!

BINDING ARBITRATION IS BINDING

HOPEFUL- you must really feel terrible about yourself to always put others down!!

Oh, and the answer is YES!!!!!!

HOPEFUL,,,You are hopeless and clueless. Why are you SO WORKED up? If you feel the SIA will stand why don't you just chill out take a pill and not WORRY. Seems to me you feel that their may be something to the lawsuit or else you would not give a hoot what anyone says.

HOPEFUL you are not in the know. Without going into all the legal documents which you can read on this board; and I am beginning to have my doubts that you read our attorneys brief to the courts.

LET ME PUT IT TO YOU THIS WAY: THE COURTS WILL MAKE A DETERMINATION AND NOTHING THAT YOU SAY OR DO WILL MAKE A DIFFRENCE ON USAVIATION. WE ARE NOT RENO AND WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY..GOT IT! TRUST ME THE IAM WILL KEEP DEFENDING OUR CASE WHICH WILL COST APFA $$$$$$. AND IF YOU AQUIRE THE USAIR SHUTTLE YOU WILL PROBABLY STAPLE THEM AS WELL. USAIR GAVE DOH TO AL THE X-EAL F/A'S...THEY KNOW HOW TO BE A TRUE UNION. I SUGGEST THAT YOU VIST THEIR BOARD AND SEE WHERE THEY STAND WITH THIS.

YOU SIR, ARE NOT A TRUE UNIONIST.....IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!

Seems this thread has gotten derailed. The suit named in the opening post is about pass benefits.

Hopeful said:
You're right, Hunter, my boy!

Remember the KASHER decison, which is BINDING!
100%, 25%, and 4/10/01 depending on station. BINDING ARBITRATION IS JUST THAT: BINDING!

As long as you stay in STL and MCI, you get 100%

THAT, HUNTER, MY BOY, WILL BE THE RESULT OF LITIGATION!
Huh?

The Kasher decision does not pertain to the former TWA F/A's although they were also represented by the IAM. Perhaps you have mistakenly related my comments to the outcome of the seniority integration of the mechanic and related. I am addressing only the flight attendant seniority lawsuit.

Some have suggested that APFA may attempt to negotiate with the former TWA F/A's for a seniority integration resembling the Kasher formula. I see this as troublesome due in part to the fact that such a willingness to enter negotiation would seem to indicate an admission that their integration methodology was not "fair and equitable".

Hunter said:
I have tried to present you with the information necessary to understand the legal reasoning behind why the terminology argument you are so fond of does not matter.
Good job, Tim, but some people just don't get it and never will.

MK