Amwest Ad Agency Retained For New Us

Oh joyful days! Advertizing, people being recalled or hired for sorely understafffed areas, rumors of new equipment being acquired! $100 bonuses to the workers! New management that is really working to make our airline profitable! Pretzels are back!

I predict a loss in the pharmacy sector as many of us can now discard the Xanax and Prosac! :D

Thank you!!

Dea

Did the "Old" US even have one in the first place??? The only advertising I recall seeing was when Bonner shot of his mouth about Liquidation all of the time!!

Did the "Old" US even have one in the first place??? The only advertising I recall seeing was when Bonner shot of his mouth about Liquidation all of the time!!

wings396,
It gets old! Must you reply to a positive post with a useless reference to the PAST? Let's move on people.

If you don't learn from the past, it will repeat itself.

You are absolutely correct. Let's hope that the new U (which now includes a lot of HP people,who hopefully learn a lot from the past also) will not make the same ones again. You and I know all the failed business plans and ideas that the past U executives have tried and failed. The HP folks probably have some too.
There is no good in anyone re-posting them after every atempt from someone with a positive attitude posting some good news.
We know the past and realize the failures. Let's move on. As a matter of fact, I am going to try to use that as an avitar. Maybe you would help me create one?

You are absolutely correct. Let's hope that the new U (which now includes a lot of HP people,who hopefully learn a lot from the past also) will not make the same ones again. You and I know all the failed business plans and ideas that the past U executives have tried and failed. The HP folks probably have some too.
There is no good in anyone re-posting them after every atempt from someone with a positive attitude posting some good news.
We know the past and realize the failures. Let's move on. As a matter of fact, I am going to try to use that as an avitar. Maybe you would help me create one?

Amen!!! It's time to move on. We all know our past, no reason to wallow in it. Lets pick up the pieces and get on with it.

I can't wait to see the new ads! :D

Can't wait to see the new ads........actually got me interested in the airlines way back in college. Hopefully they will really crank it up with all the warm weather locales (Hawaii and the Caribbean) with the cold weather quickly approaching. And please lets ditch those horrid navy & white .com napkins> ugliest thing I've seen onboard (I know people who purposely serve them right side down, HA!) And I pray someone in Development (I've always wondered What in the Hell are they developing) doesnt come out with some long/longer blow bag inflight announcement mentioning all 200 plus destinations.....naming every island and referencing all the Star Alliance commandments. KeepItSimpleStupid and THEY WILL LISTEN!!! Can't wait to see what Scott Kirby has to offer.

wings396,
It gets old! Must you reply to a positive post with a useless reference to the PAST? Let's move on people.
Get Lost!!! I didn't say anything negative about the NEW Company, I was just stating that this was a step in the right direction. Maybe you didn't notice that for the past 16 years that the advertising dept was either sleeping or missing altogether.
Talk about Useless, your reply is a prime example of it.

Get Lost!!! I didn't say anything negative about the NEW Company, I was just stating that this was a step in the right direction. Maybe you didn't notice that for the past 16 years that the advertising dept was either sleeping or missing altogether.
Talk about Useless, your reply is a prime example of it.

OK let me shorten my answer......
MOVE ON!!!

The quicker the US CCY people are dumped the faster this new LCC can try and survive. The marketing was always a joke at US and would bore you to tears......Great move.......

OK, let's be fair. America West never had a huge marketing budget and it concentrated that budget in it's core markets of PHX and LAS. Occasionally we would add markets but not advertise them heavilly and the markets would either be very slow to grow or fail. The SFO transcons and, to some extent, the LAX transcons were among them.

It remains to be seen how much advertising gets done outside of the traditional America West markets and the LCC hubs and focus cities.