Ana & Us Airways Ink Comprehensive Tie-up Accord

What is the difference in this agreement and joining Star? Do we have to get all the alliances worked out with the individual airlines?

We wont officially be in Star until sometime next year. In the meantime all of these agreements with the individual carriers will start the momentum. We'll be getting a jump on the Star deal and will hopefully start to see some good from it now instead of waiting until things are finalized with all the Star carriers next year.

It's always nice to have another agreement, and every little dollar helps, but don't expect too much out of this one. US's network just doesn't connect very well with ANA's. Whereas with LH, US flies directly into FRA (from 3 hubs) and MUC, and LH flies right into PHL and BOS, and with JK where US flies right into MAD, here ANA only serves LAX, SFO, IAD, JFK in the states. (US obviously doesn't serve NRT at the moment.)

As more and more of these agreements are signed, I wonder if it's not time for US to be opening a station up at JFK. Just a couple Dash 8's to PHL and RJ's to CLT, just for international connections.

ringmaruf said:
As more and more of these agreements are signed, I wonder if it's not time for US to be opening a station up at JFK. Just a couple Dash 8's to PHL and RJ's to CLT, just for international connections.
I totally agree on this one! Maybe Dash 8's throughout the day to PHL (to connect to Caribbean flights and European flights in PHL), an RJ or two to CLT and possibly one roundtrip a day from DCA, BOS and a few other key cities to feed the Star flights.

USFlyer said:
I totally agree on this one! Maybe Dash 8's throughout the day to PHL (to connect to Caribbean flights and European flights in PHL), an RJ or two to CLT and possibly one roundtrip a day from DCA, BOS and a few other key cities to feed the Star flights.
I agree, and had proposed this several months ago.

Here is the JFK Star schedule (excludes UA express):

Flight Frm Departs To Arrives
OZ 221 JFK 10:40pm ANC 2:20am
LH 401 JFK 4:05pm FRA 5:30am
LH 405 JFK 9:35pm FRA 10:45am
SQ 25 JFK 9:20pm FRA 10:50am
RG 8865 JFK 7:05pm GRU 7:35am
UA 29 JFK 7:00am LAX 10:06am
UA 15 JFK 8:45am LAX 11:56am
UA 21 JFK 11:45am LAX 2:45pm
UA 19 JFK 2:15pm LAX 5:15pm
UA 25 JFK 4:15pm LAX 7:22pm
UA 27 JFK 4:15pm LAX 7:22pm
UA 815 JFK 6:10pm LAX 9:22pm
UA 956 JFK 7:00pm LHR 6:55am
UA 904 JFK 9:30pm LHR 9:25am
LH 411 JFK 8:15pm MUC 10:05am
NH 9 JFK 11:00am NRT 2:55pm
UA 801 JFK 11:30am NRT 3:35pm
UA 3 JFK 7:00am SFO 10:18am
UA 853 JFK 8:50am SFO 12:08pm
UA 9 JFK 10:00am SFO 1:18pm
UA 5 JFK 11:30am SFO 2:43pm
UA 7 JFK 2:00pm SFO 5:15pm
UA 905 JFK 5:50pm SFO 9:09pm
UA 11 JFK 7:15pm SFO 10:40pm
OS 88 JFK 6:45pm VIE 9:15am
AC 321 JFK 7:50am YVR 10:54am

As you can see, most international flights are evening hops. However, there are a few morning flights to Asia. You're going to have to be willing to sacrifice a little efficiency to make up the connections. Your flights will have to arrive early enough to disembark connecting passengers, but wait around long enough to pick up those passengers from arriving international flights.

As to the equipment used, I concur with the DH-8s from PHL and the CRJs from CLT.

This is actually helpful for transcon loads going to SFO and LAX. If it could be marketed correctly, it could stimulate some traffic, although not to the extent LH will. Maybe this. combined with UAL, would give birth to some focus city flights like BOS, LGA, DCA (LGA and DCA dependent on exemptions), A319 non-stops to LAX and SFO?

ITRADE,

Didn't you say you just got back from asia? hmm. You must have been traveling with Bruce A, or perhaps on the same flight maybe? Same seat? Nah!

ITRADE said:
PITbull said:
ITRADE,

Didn't you say you just got back from asia? hmm. You must have been traveling with Bruce A, or perhaps on the same flight maybe? Same seat? Nah!
I did just got back from Asia. Now I'm friggin' back in Asia.
LOL....

What did you do, make some errors on these new agreements? ;)

PITbull said:
ITRADE said:
PITbull said:
ITRADE,

I did just got back from Asia. Now I'm friggin' back in Asia.
LOL....

What did you do, make some errors on these new agreements? ;)
What agreements? And if I'm in Shanghai, how would that affect ANA? They're a Japanese company.

You never said where in Asia you alledgedly are. But I guess you are half way around the world cause you are awake, when we here in the West are asleep.

PITbull said:
You never said where in Asia you alledgedly are. But I guess you are half way around the world cause you are awake, when we here in the West are asleep.
Oh, how quickly we forget...

In another post I wrote, "ITRADE's Friday Message (from Shanghai):"