Annoying Banner Ads

I'm like most people where I don't really click on many pop-up ads, infact, it is shut down in my settings.

the Banner ads here somehow tend to pop up, but you guys have one that will NOT close at all. I've had to go into Task Manager to shut down Internet Explorer. When you click on the "X" a pop-up comes up that does nothing when you click on either button.

the ad in question is one for ring tones for my cell phone -- nothing having to do with aviation.

Can you guys PLEASE get this out of circulation, or cancel my screen name... I have no problem supporting companies that follow my interest, but having this "opportunistic" banner ad that does not let me close it just irritates me.

anyone else get caught up with that damn ad??

I'm like most people where I don't really click on many pop-up ads, infact, it is shut down in my settings.

the Banner ads here somehow tend to pop up, but you guys have one that will NOT close at all. I've had to go into Task Manager to shut down Internet Explorer. When you click on the "X" a pop-up comes up that does nothing when you click on either button.

the ad in question is one for ring tones for my cell phone -- nothing having to do with aviation.

Can you guys PLEASE get this out of circulation, or cancel my screen name... I have no problem supporting companies that follow my interest, but having this "opportunistic" banner ad that does not let me close it just irritates me.

anyone else get caught up with that damn ad??
Not me...I use Firefox with the Adblock extension. I don't see any ads.

Same here. I also use the script blocker extension "noscript' and I have nothign coming up. IE sucks. If you have it, down load Fire fox and use it. You will be much happier.

You will have to go to Firefox web site. There are tons of add ons. The ones I use are:

Noscript (blocks those add over lay things)
Ad blocker plus
Fox Marks (alows you import/export bookmarks among PC's)

Good luck

grrr.. well i got the banner ad again, this time when I killed IE it also killed some work related stuff, so now I gotta go restore all of the items and back into the program.

garfield, where in my settings can I disable the script part? thanks!

Go here and download Firefox. I also have the noscript add-on as well as a couple of others. I have used this browser exclusively for years now. Internet Explorer sucks! :down: You will wonder why you didn't get firefox earlier.

Latest posts