Another $18000 + Out The Door

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
I know its a drop in the bucket, but do we have an unlimited postage meter in CCY? I appreciate them trying to communicate with us, but there was really NO need to SEND to every employee (at .60 each) a USAirways Update Special Edition on the plan to reshape USAirways. We all have mailboxes at work, or can have them attached to our paychecks, read it on thehub and many other ways to get the message to us. Is this some sort of psyche tactic to send it to our homes or do they just dont care about wasting money???? If this was the first time a company wide bulletin was sent out it would be one thing, but WE MUST SAVE MONEY AND EVERYTHING IS ON THE TABLE. It is not a requirement to do this, therefore, I see it as a waste of precious money along with many of the other things they mail out that arent required by law when they have so many other means at their disposal THAT DOESNT COST THE COMPANY MONEY.
Now do some of you see why some of us are so frustrated? They just mailed out 1 new hire employees salary for the entire year. Was it yours? :down:

Just read why they said they sent it out - Because the contents of this issue is important to the understanding of the Transformation Plan, US Airways is mailing it to homes for employees AND THEIR FAMILIES. ( I think I got my answer).

Then in the article it says, This special edition is devoted to a SUMMARIZED version of the plan as it relates to the company's business model. My opinion then is why bother? Either send out the entire plan, as much as can be told for competitive reasons, or dont bother. Again, only getting part of the story with no specifics. No surprise here. :shock:

tadjr said:
Either send out the entire plan, as much as can be told for competitive reasons, or dont bother. Again, only getting part of the story with no specifics. No surprise here. :shock:
Probably believing the spouse will insist on pay cuts after reading it with the belief that the spouse is a mushroom kept in the dark by the nasty employees who don’t want to play ball, AGAIN.

I can honestly say out of probably a few hundred employees I talked to including employees outside my work group, only two said they would consider more cuts. There must be a lot of angry employees or a bunch of liars. We shall see….

cavalier said:
Probably believing the spouse will insist on pay cuts after reading it with the belief that the spouse is a mushroom kept in the dark by the nasty employees who don’t want to play ball, AGAIN.

I can honestly say out of probably a few hundred employees I talked to including employees outside my work group, only two said they would consider more cuts. There must be a lot of angry employees or a bunch of liars. We shall see….
OK, Cav, you're right about nobody really listening to this concession stuff but I don't think it is anger or bull. I think it just makes 'good sense' to the majority and people are ready to move on with their lives. And it is not that they necessarily want to move on but they have no choice.

regards,

cavalier said:

<snip>
Agreed.

Classic behavior by a certain person that holds a certain office.

If you research his work, he has had this done this many times in the past.

Do you see the glASS as half empty or half full?

Classic union busting and intimidation techinque. Lorenzo used to make phone calls direct to striking pilots' wives about the deep concern he had for their family's well-being should their husbands continue to strike.

Just return it to your local Post Office unopened and mark it "Refused". Send it back to CCY!!! ;)

I was shocked also that these moron's 'mailed=.60 to each employees residence..

What's the matter with COMAT?

They say they HAVE NO MONEY$$$$$$$$$??

Give me my SHECKLES AND TURN ME LOSE>>>>>>>

didn't they play the same song in '92?
mailed that crapola home just in time for the weekend and the wifey to nag you 'till monday.....
YOU'RE GOING TO STRIKE OVER THIS?? :shock: :angry: :D :unsure:

Bob,

You don't know. You don't work here. Why would you even have to say that? I honestly feel sorry for you. Not working here, but are compelled to have over 3,000 posts about this place. You go on a family vacation and don't have a family. I do pray for you and wish better days ahead for you. I do welcome your comments even though I can not understand why you do what you do.

pitguy said:
You don't know. You don't work here.
With all due respect, you don't know, either. Even though you do work there. Or, if you truly know, then someone needs to inform the union leadership of your violation.

By your own account you have stated your family status. I know how you like to pretend your girlfriend and her kids are your family. (I will get to your PM later.) If you are mad then now you know how others feel about your actions.