Another 5%

insp89

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,286
6
CLT
Visit site
Dearest Dave, The employees of Usairways have GAVE and GAVE to get this airline out of bankrupcy,, We need the 5% more than U do !!!! Usairways will have access to 1.24 BILLION DOLLARS !!! Show a little gratitude and FORGET about ANOTHER 5%..ENOUGH is ENOUGH !
 

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
28,400
5,892
Downrange
www.youtube.com
----------------
On 3/24/2003 4:47:30 PM insp89 wrote:

Dearest Dave, The employees of Usairways have GAVE and GAVE to get this airline out of bankrupcy,, We need the 5% more than U do !!!! Usairways will have access to 1.24 BILLION DOLLARS !!! Show a little gratitude and FORGET about ANOTHER 5%..ENOUGH is ENOUGH !

----------------​
done deal.....kiss it goodbye....
 

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
7,784
456
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/24/2003 4:47:30 PM insp89 wrote:

Dearest Dave, The employees of Usairways have GAVE and GAVE to get this airline out of bankrupcy,, We need the 5% more than U do !!!! Usairways will have access to 1.24 BILLION DOLLARS !!! Show a little gratitude and FORGET about ANOTHER 5%..ENOUGH is ENOUGH !

----------------​

Sad isn''t it that a corporation would put in place a way to take more money from its employees (interest free)placing an additonal financial burden, and yet have the ATSB to draw down on as well, to weather any storm.

Speaks volumes to the type of magement we have here at U.
 

tug_slug

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
550
0
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/24/2003 6:49:03 PM PineyBob wrote:

Now wait just a second here! Did you sign the contract agreeing to the 5%?

If you did then no griping! Suck it up and deal with it. Don''t tell me you didn''t have choices because you did have choices. Lousy ones each but choices none the less. You selected the least offensive choice and now you have to live with it.

----------------​
Bob,

Where do you get off on telling us what we have to do? Do us all a favor and keep your personal opinions to yourself!!


If you dont like my reply to your response then why dont you yourself "just suck it up" and leave!
 

tug_slug

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
550
0
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/24/2003 6:49:03 PM PineyBob wrote:

Now wait just a second here! Did you sign the contract agreeing to the 5%?

If you did then no griping! Suck it up and deal with it. Don''t tell me you didn''t have choices because you did have choices. Lousy ones each but choices none the less. You selected the least offensive choice and now you have to live with it.

----------------​
Bob,

Where do you get off on telling us what we have to do? Do us all a favor and keep your personal opinions to yourself!!


If you dont like my reply to your response then why dont you yourself "just suck it up" and leave!
 

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
7,784
456
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/24/2003 6:49:03 PM PineyBob wrote:

Now wait just a second here! Did you sign the contract agreeing to the 5%?

If you did then no griping! Suck it up and deal with it. Don't tell me you didn't have choices because you did have choices. Lousy ones each but choices none the less. You selected the least offensive choice and now you have to live with it.

----------------​

Granted overall, folks voted it in, by a very slim margin, very slim. And as for PIT, voted it DOWN (AFA).

Answer me this, if a person is "raped" by an assailant at gun point to the head, could the argument be made in court that this "sex" may have been consentual because they did not resist?
5.gif
 

flyin2low

Veteran
Nov 4, 2002
577
1
www.domain.com
The 5% was in the agreement when we signed it. It should be no surprise that it is being excercised now. We all knew that a confrontation with Iraq was near. Just think, you will get your money eventually, .....I think?
 

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
7,784
456
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/24/2003 7:49:21 PM PineyBob wrote:

----------------
On 3/24/2003 7:05:58 PM PITbull wrote:

Answer me this, if a person is "raped" by an assailant at gun point to the head, could the argument be made in court that this "sex" may have been consentual because they did not resist?
5.gif

----------------​

Unfortunately PITbull that defense that you give in your example has been successfully used in several rape cases.

As for your point and some basic contract law, if you feel there was undue coercion you could always sue because a contract signed under duress and/or stress may not be valid. Much like politics these situations become the "lesser of two evils" It is just that the contract 5% ship has sailed off into the sunset and the future awaits. I happen to think it could be a bright future in terms of profits and expansion for US. Now is the time to begin to position yourself to:
A) Help bring profits to US by insisting on Mgmt cost cutting.
B) Develop strategies to maximize employee participation in those profits via bonuses or future contract enhancements.

Focusing on the screwing you got will only ensure another one later on.


----------------​

My dear friend,

Much I could tell you of the "inner workings" of these concessions, how they happened, in what manner, what the different leaderships went through that its own members have not a clue; only a hunch, and in what manner they now manifest themselves. An experience I will not soon forget...if ever.

No matter, we are here.

Will this mangement stick around for a year or two tops...doubtful, (and you heard it from me first). Will Bronner leave after he makes his money, he was quoted in Assoc. Press he would stay with U one or two years. I speculate he will sell his controling interest to some one or a group (perhaps another airline). Anything could happen. But on the inside here, it's not pretty. Mangement doesn't give a damn on what happens to its employees (health or welfare, morale, human condition, human spirit, none of these elements that make for a productive employee is any concern of this mangement. Unfortunately, you hopefully will never see this out in the field. This kind of thing is not for PAX consumption. We want you truly to be satisfied with our product and service. With the vast majority of U employees, we are of the "nature" and psyche to give it our ALL no matter what company we would be employeed with. That's the kind of employees U hired way back; loyal to one another.

I, however, have to deal with this everyday at my job, and hear the suffering of our employees. There is no "gleefulness"; only an attempt everyday to act as a kind of "buffer" between mangement and labor, if you will. There is more to come, however, and PAX should not be privey to this,now. But, it is coming. You may get wind of it in the media.
5.gif
 

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
7,784
456
www.usaviation.com
Cub,

Thanks.

I suspect Dr. Bronner will be relentless. He'll get what he wants for his small investment here at U, at all cost. Unfortunately, U was in a desperate situation for "cash". Even the Gov. will get a 10% stake in the company for just guaranteeing a loan to financiers. Gov. may never shell out one penny for providing the "assurance" to folks we borrow money from.

Never heard of government getting a return for just offering insurance...baffeling. Isn't that kind of a "conflict of interest" when it comes to having special interest for one particular airline?
6.gif
 

cat 111

Advanced
Aug 25, 2002
230
0
Bob, The Iam-M voted it down the first time but was too confused the second time !!!! It sucks big time. Not much choice because Alabama Dave will just THREATEN us again. I think he gets a woody every time he threatens to pull the plug.It would be nice to recoupe the $35 Million those three thugs took.
 

cubfan02us

Member
Sep 10, 2002
93
0
Interesting post pitbull,I have a lot of respect for
your efforts and opinions.Your prediction of the future
of U is plausible.

As Abe Lincoln said,"You can fool some of the people all
of the time,and all of the people some of the time,but you
can''t fool all of the people all of the time."

The 5% cut that was agreed to by all groups was a
brilliant move.You have to give them credit.Granted they
got it because labor was up against the wall,in Ch 11 but
now the other airlines are steppin'' and fetchin''.

I wonder what Dr. Bronner is going to be like to work
for when he finally gets his hands on this airline...?
 

speedbird86

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
218
0
I did not vote for this as a CWA member. I don''t think I''ve ever voted yes on anything pertaining to cutting my own pay and benefits. But sadly enough it did pass by 5 votes so I and everybody else must live with it or hit the bricks.

Remember fellow employees......live to fight another day.


God bless our troops overseas and watch over and protect them.
 

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
7,784
456
www.usaviation.com
Bob,

I am not disputing anyone's right to compensation "triggered" by a contract. In my mind's eye, I don't pick and choose what and whose contract should or should not be honored. Philosophically, it was such poor timing, but when looking at Gangwal, specifically, he was clearly OFF the PROPERTY before Siegel, was even heard of in the airline business. His compensaiton was late 2001. Not trying to defend, but conceptualizing "good faith" and obligation at that late hour in 2001.

Again, with this gov. stake. In the future, I think it could be challenged as a bias if one airline who did not qualify for the ATSB would seek gov. assistance at some point, and not receive it, vs. another airline who the gov. had a personal vested interest, and was granted requested compensation. hmmm...
 

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
361
1
www.usaviation.com
I'm one of the ones that voted yes to the 5% cut...if it keeps me or some of my fellow employees from being furloughed I was willing...Although I realize it won't save everyone...maybe it'll help in the longhaul...after all that we've given what's another 5%...at least I'm still employed...it's still better than no job.
 

Latest posts