Another Fine Job By St Mae

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
This afternoon A/C 704 maintenance ferried from ST MAE@BFM after getting it S1-check.

After the required security check, the aircraft was loaded with 68 passengers and cargo for its first revenue flight since its overhaul at foreign owned Singapore Technologies Mobile Aerospace, upon trying to close the door and arm the emergency exit slide on the main cabin door, it would not close properly and arm.

After about 30 minutes of trying to correct the problem it could not be fixed and the plane has to remain overnight to get fixed properly.

Another A/C had to be used and caused 68 passengers to be delayed 70 minutes, the plane had to be decatered, unloaded and another plane had to be cleaned, catered and loaded, the passengers had to go from one concourse to another.

Another fine job by Mobile Aerospace.

The plane is grounded till at least 5AM, but the plane has not been trouble shot yet.

I wonder how much extra cost, three of the five planes have had problems!

You say what the heck you want 700, but that A/C was just fine when it was left on the maintenance ramp. Doors worked great through test flight and ferry.

A320 Driver

A320 Driver said:
You say what the heck you want 700, but that A/C was just fine when it was left on the maintenance ramp. Doors worked great through test flight and ferry. Funny how this BS happens after it's parked at CLT maintenance.

A320 Driver
It was parked by CLT ramp, not maintenance, so no one messed with it, why don't you call the CLT Line Foreman who came to check the plane out. The plane ferried in, went to the hangar, then to D9, with the flight crew and f/a on-board at the gate, when the jetway was pulled and the door closed the slide would not arm.

So if you think someone did something, you need to be drug tested. The door would have had to have been taken apart to cause this to happen.

And A/C 706 had its problems in MSY, no maintenance there, A/C 700 was IAH first, no maintenance there either.

If you think one of our mechanics would do anything to damage one of your planes you are crazy.

You were not here and you do not know what happened.

And by your posts, seems like you are a management pilot and not a regular line pilot.

I guess you can't handle the truth about the lack of quality at a foreign owned maintenance facility that has a 3 to 1 margin of unlicensed mechanics to licensed mechanics.

And the fuselage was filthy, oil stains, grease, stains and not cleaned at all, yep great work, NOT!

And please explain to me how the doors worked great during a test flight and the ferry flight since the pilots will be flying the plane and not trying to open a door inflight?

Last time I checked you can't open and close the doors inflight!

Sounds like you flew it from BFM-CLT, just like in 1992 moving planes which is mechanic work!

A320 Driver said:
I was there. Paint was in terrible shape but company won't spring for a paint job. Fuse was buffed the best it could be.

A320 Driver
You were at D9 and saw a mechanic break the door?

If you say you were, you are being dishonest.

The fuselage was not buffed, there were grease marks, oil stains, dirt and fluids all over the plane, I was there I looked at it up close and personal, the foreman even commented how dirty the plane was, the engine cowlings were filthy too.

They used a dry wash only at certain spots on the lower fuselage and did not even wipe it all off and the areas they repainted the paint did not even match the US Airways' Gray.

By the way, you don't Buff a painted airplane, you only buff bare metal, a painted plane gets washed then polished.

I just can't seem to get the technical jargon down. Buffed, wiped, parked at maintenance/ramp. Whatever. Just seems odd to me. I was not at D9 and I saw nothing. I DO know the plane was in good shape when it was delivered.

A320 Driver B)

A320 Driver said:
It worked fine when it was parked.

A320 Driver
Why don't you go ask the 68 passengers who left 70 minutes late to get to IAH, ask the ramp who loaded, unloaded and had to load another airplane if they are satisfied.

Typical Mangement line, now we all know you are a management pilot and not a regular line pilot

Well if you read my postings and I said I was in CLT at the gate, and saw how dirty the plane was you would think you would know I work in CLT.

Ever buy a car, have it break, then bring it to the dealer and they find nothing wrong and then when you bring it back home the same problem still occurs?

Just out of curiosity (and fairness), how often does this particular problem occur, and are there items that involve the door or the slide as a part of the S-check?

700UW said:
Well if you read my postings and I said I was in CLT at the gate, and saw how dirty the plane was you would think you would know I work in CLT.

Ever buy a car, have it break, then bring it to the dealer and they find nothing wrong and then when you bring it back home the same problem still occurs?
Many times. Do you feel that this is the case here and that this is a reasonable explaination for this problem?

A320 Driver B)

ClueByFour said:
Just out of curiosity (and fairness), how often does this particular problem occur, and are there items that involve the door or the slide as a part of the S-check?
Slides are changed and rigged and the door is rigged.

I can't remember the last time a slide was rigged wrong out of check.

Can't tell you what caused it as it will be looked out and fixed on third shift.

A320DRIVER,

Why are you such a proponent of ST MAE?? Is there a special interest or hidden agenda involved? You seem to defend them regardless of their track record with UAIR aircraft??

If you indeed are flying these "vendor specials" you BETTER take a keen interest in the maintenance of the aircraft as performed by MAE !! I don't know who is telling you that everything is great with MAE but I'm afraid you have been DUPED :eek:

Keep this in mind my pilot friend......YOU hit the dirt first :ph34r:

700UW said:
The door would have had to have been taken apart to cause this to happen.

And please explain to me how the doors worked great during a test flight and the ferry flight since the pilots will be flying the plane and not trying to open a door inflight?

Last time I checked you can't open and close the doors inflight!

Sounds like you flew it from BFM-CLT, just like in 1992 moving planes which is mechanic work!
700 .... I think you have "lost it"! If you failed to re-read your post then it might be explained away. But from where I stand you have compromised a great deal of credibility here. I am sure you confused a lot of folks!

On a ferry or maint. flight typically the crew boards the aircraft via mobile stairs, and the F/O closes the door and arms the slide. Hence the operational check of the door! There are not any FA's or anyone else to perform that task!

Secondly .. what the dickens is the question about opening a door inflight????? You cannot be the person you pretend to be ... asking a question like that! Scares me!!!

Lastly ... about your remark about "moving airplanes being mechanic work" or the like ... I was not aware that we had mechanics that flew maintenance and ferry lights. Would you please elaborate on this .... I am very interested!

And by the way ... in my 28 years experience the most frequent cause of inoperative doors was the accidental damage caused by a jetway operator raising the jetway to high under an opened door, causing a severe mis-alignment of the door and the resultant failure. I am suprised neither of you considered that to be the cause.

Please stop this rediculious in-fighting! Everone will lose if this does not stop!

2B