Another Former Negotiator Discredits Laura Glading

Skymess

Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
NY
Fellow Flight Attendants,

I fully support respected fellow Table Team Negotiator, Art Cline, in his assessment of the situation we find ourselves in. He is right on target with his reporting on the timeline and misguided decisions that led us to a obliteration of a decent contract in the RPA debacle. I see Art, in trying to take the "high road" only glosses over some of the sneaky "goings on" of the Tommie-Glading-Bott "trifecta" and some of their BOD cohorts, in both the end of the negotiations as well as the RPA process.

I have no further vested interest in the dysfunction that goes on at APFA as I will be retiring soon, under the present contract and move on to other interests. BUT, I have decided to offer a short response since I was also there for both processes.

I too agree that the membership needs someone that can mobilize the troops and "shake some trees." And I do not think that a continuation of the same Tommie Hutto-Blake "old guard", can do that. This group was certainly in agreement when APFA participated in Interest Based Bargaining (an experiment at the NMB) which led to the demise of TA 1(1999). In 2003 this group was also there to help the Company shorten the voting time from 4 weeks to 2 for the RPA. No, Ms. Glading may not have been a member of the BOD, however, did support this group’s actions. They were there still when the Company came to them and recruited them to work "together" on the turnaround plan that has allowed the company to once again use our "experienced leadership" for the gain of only a few. And NOW they are telling us that they are the ones that can get it all back. Make no mistake Ms. Glading would equate to four (4) more years of the same.

Don't let them use the GOP tactic of scare and attack to sway an election so important to your futures. We must get the power back to our membership that was there during the last round of real Negotiations, that got us our "industry leading contract" That negotiating team was led by John Ward not Laura Glading. Unfortunately, the process was almost unraveled at the end when Glading/Bott were caught consorting with the Company and reprimanded by our outside professionals. Now to explain her misdeeds she is claiming that she had to do it to talk John off the ledge. There are several old time BOD members that gave their blessings as they were also panic stricken at the threat of a PEB. I'm sure you will hear from these individuals on web sites and in emails going around. Every one in "scare/attack" mode. This is just what the company loves to see and hear at APFA. And we get sucked in every time. Stay informed and read everything and follow your instinct.

As recent BODs meeting guest speaker, Harry Hoglander National Mediation Board member, explained to the APFA BODs how highly unlikely a PEB would have been. (see notes below)

It is this membership's strength that scares American, not APFA's leadership. John Ward understood this more than any leader I have ever seen at APFA in my career and I must say, I was honored to work with him and his team. When Tommie-Glading-Bott, under the guise of our former Constitution Committee (ex-APFA Presidents, Patt Gibbs, Michael Kelliher and Joanne Donovon,) and others, subverted the Constitution by shortening the RPA vote, John fought against this, for the membership, and lost.

Tony Benn (British Parliament 56 years) recently said in Michael Moore's Sicko,â€￾When one human or leadership has the power they also have the tendency to oppress others." This is done by scare tactics. He further explains why France is a country that historically has always had stronger social programs than the US . This is because Frances government actually fears it's people. And where does this power come from? He states, "The vote" All French citizens exercise their right to vote. It is so important that we as APFA members vote and get our fellow members to the vote. This alone sends a powerful message to the Company.

Laura Glading states that anyone that supported John Ward does not support him now. If you read both his Willingness to Serves. The Negotiators that fought beside John Ward and Laura Glading for those grueling years support John 7 to 1 in this election. You must ask yourself, is this because they are Yes people as Laura says? Or do they all know something more about Laura Glading then they care to share for the Company to see.

If you want someone that has a history of working alongside the Company, Vote Glading. But if you think it is time for this membership to get mad and stay mad until we get our contract back then Ward is the guy the Company dreads looking across at because they know he has every flight attendant in mind when he is fighting. (NO matter who at APFA gets their ego stepped on)

Please use your good judgment and please----Send an important message to the company by Voting.

Respectfully,

Alexis Boilini, APFA Elected International Negotiator 1999 - 2006

Discussion with Harry yielded the following ---

1. NMB is in no one's pocket and not "republican controlled"

2. Only 3 PEB's in airline history since 1966 ---- one was APA and the other two were machinists

3. So one would conclude for this that there is no customary use of PEB's in the airline industry.

4. Example --- Northwest pilots on strike for 12 days and no PEB was called.

5. Again what legally matters is that no section of the country is deprived of transportation and interferes with interstate commerce. Since deregulation airlines can more easily adjust, other airlines can pick up the passengers from a striking carrier.

6. No Flight Attendant PEB since 1966 ---

You can bet that I and many others will NOT be voting for JW, after he put me and other seasoned f/a's on the street for over 41/2 years. We TWA'ers can block vote and we know how many of you do not bother to even send in the ballot. As you know we can and will block vote again.

JW, should be in jail for what he did with the RPA and the re-voting. The staple job was enough of an insult to every F/A in the industry. JW is not respected at any other airline for what he did to us.

AMEN. JW should be in prison for his dishonesty, and, in fact, wasn't be brought up on racketeering charges under the RICO act?

The fact that this criminal would dare show his face again, yet alone run for office, is a true testimony to what a true sociopath he really is.

I understand that this Art Cline individual is one of JW's "Yes" men, and I have been told that Alexis Boilini is another one of JW's friends. This accusatory nonsense, directed at Laura Glading, is just another example of JW's arrogance and manipulation.

I'm not surprised that somebody named "SKYMESS" would put any credibility into something one of JW's henchmen would write. Anybody who would even think of supporting JW is truly a mess, in my opinion.

AMEN. JW should be in prison for his dishonesty, and, in fact, wasn't be brought up on racketeering charges under the RICO act?

The fact that this criminal would dare show his face again, yet alone run for office, is a true testimony to what a true sociopath he really is.

I understand that this Art Cline individual is one of JW's "Yes" men, and I have been told that Alexis Boilini is another one of JW's friends. This accusatory nonsense, directed at Laura Glading, is just another example of JW's arrogance and manipulation.

I'm not surprised that somebody named "SKYMESS" would put any credibility into something one of JW's henchmen would write. Anybody who would even think of supporting JW is truly a mess, in my opinion.

The RICO charge was thrown out on the basis that proof of RICO requires several instances of corruption. In this case it was only a single instance. It was not thrown out because it did not have merit, only because the burden for proof could not be sustained.

The RICO charge was thrown out on the basis that proof of RICO requires several instances of corruption. In this case it was only a single instance. It was not thrown out because it did not have merit, only because the burden for proof could not be sustained.

How sad is that? A SINGLE instance of corruption, especially to the extent we suspect of JW, should certainly be enough to warrant full processing of RICO charges. But obviously that is the law.
Too bad.

Henchmen? Your wording is kind of ridiculous. Sounds like some of Glading's supporters out with their scare tactics again.

Art Cline is NOBODY's yes man. If you knew him, which you most obviously don't, you would know that. His integrity is above question. The same holds true for Alexis.

I wanted to put some information out there from some credible sources who were at the bargaining table alongside both John and Laura. All of the material I posted was signed by those who wrote it.

Anyone can get on a message board and villify someone's written word. You can be anyone hiding under any screen name. The people in question, Art and Alexis, signed their names to their statements and do not care whether they are displayed on a public or private message board because they stand by what they wrote.

Your agenda could possibly be to detract from John because of your personal hatred of the TWA staple and because you may possibly have been promised a cabinet position of your own. Either way, I don't know or care.

My only interest is to have someone in there who I think would do the best job and to pass along information from people who have firsthand knowledge of some of the candidates.

The RICO charges against john didn't, and won't stick, because there is NO merit behind them. While much of the information in those lawsuits is valid, a lot of it is also just an attempt to throw crap against the wall and hope it finds something to stick to.

You want to read and understand the real events that led up to our woes go back and check out who made all the motions and passed the resolutions to shorten our balloting, how the balloting would be conducted, and to get concessions by any means necessary, and the names won't come back to John Ward or any of his supporters. Does he bear some of that burden for being the Presiden? Yes. Most of the problems started with the BOD votes by the same base chairs who repeatedly get voted back into office by some of our genius coworkers. But, let the misconceptions and subterfuge continue and don't come crying to me when we get our asses kicked in the next round of negotiations after electing either a concessionary management wannabe or some greenhorn.

But then again, I'm sure you'll say I'm just another John Ward henchman as though this were some cheesy Batman movie.

Lord help us with people like you given a vote and possibly winning the election.

Skymess,

While it may make you feel better to just write off my statements. it just proves just how clouded your viewpoint really is.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I am still furloughed. No promises of a "cabinet" position, whatever that is. Nothing more than a desire to speak out about one very dishonest individual who shamelessly decided to run again for the position he used so effectively in the past to destroy people's livelihoods.

Your last line shows that you have as little respect for a person's right to vote as does your hero, JW.

You can bet that I and many others will NOT be voting for JW, after he put me and other seasoned f/a's on the street for over 41/2 years. We TWA'ers can block vote and we know how many of you do not bother to even send in the ballot. As you know we can and will block vote again.

JW, should be in jail for what he did with the RPA and the re-voting. The staple job was enough of an insult to every F/A in the industry. JW is not respected at any other airline for what he did to us.
By the time the vote comes to be, I believe there will only be 700 TWA F/As that can vote. Also AA wanted to put the TWA F/As at the bottom as well, JW was made to look like the bad guy. Where did AA put the TWA agents??? At the bottom....
With no re-vote , AA would have filed BK and then where would we be.... it was all done because the BK contract would have been alot worse.

Henchmen? Your wording is kind of ridiculous. Sounds like some of Glading's supporters out with their scare tactics again.

Art Cline is NOBODY's yes man. If you knew him, which you most obviously don't, you would know that. His integrity is above question. The same holds true for Alexis.

I wanted to put some information out there from some credible sources who were at the bargaining table alongside both John and Laura. All of the material I posted was signed by those who wrote it.

Anyone can get on a message board and villify someone's written word. You can be anyone hiding under any screen name. The people in question, Art and Alexis, signed their names to their statements and do not care whether they are displayed on a public or private message board because they stand by what they wrote.

Your agenda could possibly be to detract from John because of your personal hatred of the TWA staple and because you may possibly have been promised a cabinet position of your own. Either way, I don't know or care.

My only interest is to have someone in there who I think would do the best job and to pass along information from people who have firsthand knowledge of some of the candidates.

The RICO charges against john didn't, and won't stick, because there is NO merit behind them. While much of the information in those lawsuits is valid, a lot of it is also just an attempt to throw crap against the wall and hope it finds something to stick to.

You want to read and understand the real events that led up to our woes go back and check out who made all the motions and passed the resolutions to shorten our balloting, how the balloting would be conducted, and to get concessions by any means necessary, and the names won't come back to John Ward or any of his supporters. Does he bear some of that burden for being the Presiden? Yes. Most of the problems started with the BOD votes by the same base chairs who repeatedly get voted back into office by some of our genius coworkers. But, let the misconceptions and subterfuge continue and don't come crying to me when we get our asses kicked in the next round of negotiations after electing either a concessionary management wannabe or some greenhorn.

But then again, I'm sure you'll say I'm just another John Ward henchman as though this were some cheesy Batman movie.

Lord help us with people like you given a vote and possibly winning the election.

Jeeze, you have the most closed mind. You don't take in anything you don't like. It might better be said Lord help us to deal with hateful people such as yourself. You are posting a ton of stuff just to promote a very biased and corrupt group.

NO, NO, NO to John Ward. This man is corrupt and dishonest. I was on sit time the other day in DFW and was approached by Liz Geise (I may be spelling it wrong), who is running with him for Secretary of APFA. The spin this woman has put on the history of Ward's involvement in the restructuring agreement is truly reflective of how disohonest Ward and his group really is. She would have you believe that Ward had absolutely nothing to do with it, and that it was all the APFA Board's fault. She pointed out that Ward did not have a vote on the Board unless there was a tie.

What a joke! Ward might not have had a vote, but where was his mouth? IF he objected to the manipulation of the balloting period, why did he not put his objections on record? He didn't object because he AGREED with them.

Also, Ward was moving during the negotiations of the concessions. Do you know many flight attendants who moved into new houses when they knew pay cuts were coming?

Hmmmm....Makes you think.

By the time the vote comes to be, I believe there will only be 700 TWA F/As that can vote. Also AA wanted to put the TWA F/As at the bottom as well, JW was made to look like the bad guy. Where did AA put the TWA agents??? At the bottom....
With no re-vote , AA would have filed BK and then where would we be.... it was all done because the BK contract would have been alot worse.

Sorry, that is just plain wrong. AA did not want the TWA F/As on the bottom. Read AA's powerpoint notes on the merger. AA expected APFA to negotiate with the TWA F/A union in coming up with something reasonable.

Second the APFA merger committee recommended no stapling. JW then disolved the merger committee and at the EC meeting whipped representatives up to a frenzy which they joined in shouting, "staple them. staple them."

Third, with no revote, AA would have gone to the negotiating table and you would have made out better than the bitter pill you all swallowed. They were not about to let some "no" vote derail their plans.

And finally, the 2 great messes that may bankrupt APFA were all the result of JW's incompetent decision making.

Sorry, that is just plain wrong. AA did not want the TWA F/As on the bottom. Read AA's powerpoint notes on the merger. AA expected APFA to negotiate with the TWA F/A union in coming up with something reasonable.

Second the APFA merger committee recommended no stapling. JW then disolved the merger committee and at the EC meeting whipped representatives up to a frenzy which they joined in shouting, "staple them. staple them."

Third, with no revote, AA would have gone to the negotiating table and you would have made out better than the bitter pill you all swallowed. They were not about to let some "no" vote derail their plans.

And finally, the 2 great messes that may bankrupt APFA were all the result of JW's incompetent decision making.

On this we agree, for sure. Ward created the messes that could end up bankrupting APFA in court, and as AA f/as, we will all end up paying for that. one way or another. I think, however, that these messes were a result of BOTH incompetence AND dishonesty on Ward's part.

The fact that he is evidently so scared of the prospect of Glading winning (witness the constant attacks against her) indicates to me that she is the candidate I should be supporting.

I cannot support Solomon or Baumert as they clearly have no APFA experience, and whether we like it or not, the President of the union needs to know what he or she is walking into.

My vote is going to Glading and her slate. If Ward is so scared of her winning, she must be doing something right.

I have met Glading's supporters, also, on sit time at DFW, and am very impressed.

"But, let the misconceptions and subterfuge continue and don't come crying to me when we get our asses kicked in the next round of negotiations after electing either a concessionary management wannabe or some greenhorn."

I haven't seen anything that would make me think that Laura Glading is, would be, or has been concessionary. The only thing posted is a letter by Art Cline which doesn't rely on facts but seems to be a political speel. If you have any SPECIFIC instances of her past history that makes her "concessionary" then please post it.

"But, let the misconceptions and subterfuge continue and don't come crying to me when we get our asses kicked in the next round of negotiations after electing either a concessionary management wannabe or some greenhorn."

I haven't seen anything that would make me think that Laura Glading is, would be, or has been concessionary. The only thing posted is a letter by Art Cline which doesn't rely on facts but seems to be a political speel. If you have any SPECIFIC instances of her past history that makes her "concessionary" then please post it.

Heaven forbi we should rely on facts....

On this we agree, for sure. Ward created the messes that could end up bankrupting APFA in court, and as AA f/as, we will all end up paying for that. one way or another. I think, however, that these messes were a result of BOTH incompetence AND dishonesty on Ward's part.

The fact that he is evidently so scared of the prospect of Glading winning (witness the constant attacks against her) indicates to me that she is the candidate I should be supporting.

I cannot support Solomon or Baumert as they clearly have no APFA experience, and whether we like it or not, the President of the union needs to know what he or she is walking into.

My vote is going to Glading and her slate. If Ward is so scared of her winning, she must be doing something right.

I have met Glading's supporters, also, on sit time at DFW, and am very impressed.

APFA experience has got us.........what???? Ward's experience got us concessions and lawsuits. Blake's experience got us side letters and early openers that were never opened. Let's face it Tommy could have walked in with early openers and at least figured out what the company was after, instead she sits on the sidelines waiting for her retirement and collects her salary which was only scaled back one year and then jumped back to normal. Shared sacrifice does not apply to management or our APFA leadership.
Presidents pay 2007 $86,854 2006 $84,944 2005 $52,507 (ward to blake changeover probably doesn't reflect a full year) 2004 $85,312
The other officers took no cuts at all, at least that's how it appears.

....give me a couple of green horns anyday.

Steve the Contrarian.

Latest posts