Another Jim Little Broken Promise?

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
On Thursday September 30th, 2004, it will be 3 full months since Jim Little wrote the below letter concerning "AA Shared Sacrifice". To date, I have not seen ANY response or report on the findings. Is this just another lame TWU Jim Little Broken Promise? :shock:

TWU-AA June 30, 2004 - Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 05:51
June 30, 2004

VIA FACSIMILE

TO: All AA Local Presidents 501-590

RE: AA Shared Sacrifice

Dear Brothers:

As you know, I have had numerous correspondences with American Airlines regarding the issue of shared sacrifice. We received preliminary information from American Airlines, however; my response letter to James B. Weel, Managing Director ER, requested a more substantial and detailed breakdown no later that June 28, 2004, which they have provided. We are in the process of evaluating and analyzing the information and will respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely & fraternally,

James C. Little
Director Air Transport Division
Intl. Administrative Vice President

JCL:cjw opeiu-153 afl-cio

C: ATD Staff assigned

Checking it Out said:
Have you called lately and talked with Jim Little?
[post="185610"][/post]​

Maybe I should call AA Management and ask them. You seem to talk with them alot lately. Or is being a RAT considered talking?

Now that the AMFA election has been blocked for a year, Jim little can now offer a response to the "shared sacrifice" by giving AA some more concessions starting with our pension! :rant:

Checking it Out said:
Have you called lately and talked with Jim Little?
[post="185610"][/post]​

All communication to our un-elected ATD officers was cut off to the membership about a year ago. Have you forgotten? :shock: :shock:

AMFAMAN said:
All communication to our un-elected ATD officers was cut off to the membership about a year ago. Have you forgotten? :shock: :shock:
[post="185723"][/post]​

That's funny, I just e-mailed Jim Little and received a response not two weeks ago. You need to update your info pal.

That's funny, I just e-mailed Jim Little and received a response not two weeks ago. You need to update your info pal.

And what did he tell you???

Let me guess....

We will get them next time :lol:

We have hired a consulting firm to evaluate the "shared sacrafice" and the "turnaround plan" :lol:

They will meet our demands or else :lol:

They can do that :lol:

More concessions on the way :lol:

With leaders like Jim Little and the twu what is the point of paying dues to a union that does not represent its members best interests :shock:

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
And what did he tell you???

Let me guess....

We will get them next time :lol:
We have hired a consulting firm to evaluate the "shared sacrafice" and the "turnaround plan" :lol:
They will meet our demands or else :lol:
They can do that :lol:
More concessions on the way :lol:
With leaders like Jim Little and the twu what is the point of paying dues to a union that does not represent its members best interests :shock:
[post="185850"][/post]​

Thats a very good point. What action do you suggest?

Thats a very good point. What action do you suggest?

Does it really matter what I suggest. Actually it does not matter what anyone suggests. You have no say in this union.
If you do suggest anything it dont mean sit until 2008. So suggest all you want.

I suggest we all sign AMFA cards and get this inept union out of our negotiations.

It may not be any better but I am sure it wont be any worse than the company lap dog union we are paying for now. :D

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
Does it really matter what I suggest. Actually it does not matter what anyone suggests. You have no say in this union.
If you do suggest anything it dont mean sit until 2008. So suggest all you want.

I suggest we all sign AMFA cards and get this inept union out of our negotiations.
It may not be any better but I am sure it wont be any worse than the company lap dog union we are paying for now. :D
[post="185951"][/post]​

Yes it matters what you suggest. I have not paid dues since I believe April of 2004. Usually I am forced to pay dues about once a year. I am also on Agency Fee status. In other words I have taken the appropriate steps to weaken the TWU. All they have to do is enforce their contract, then my precious dues money will reluctantly be extorted for their non-representational issues. So since you will not suggest, then I will, stop paying them. Read Article 38 of the your AA/TWU disagreement.

In other words I have taken the appropriate steps to weaken the TWU.

And it is folks like you Buck who deserve no respect!!!! I bet you are the guy who doesn't bother to vote in national elections then cry and whine that the guy who is in there is no good. We don't want your cowardly kind anyway!!! Always taking the easy way out!!!

twuer said:
In other words I have taken the appropriate steps to weaken the TWU.
And it is folks like you Buck who deserve no respect!!!! I bet you are the guy who doesn't bother to vote in national elections then cry and whine that the guy who is in there is no good. We don't want your cowardly kind anyway!!! Always taking the easy way out!!!
[post="186276"][/post]​

One thing about it twuer, you do have an overly vivid imagination!!!! lol

And its guys like you that wont fight for respect or a decent wage! So long as you have a job it does not matter what they take away. Every thing is going up except your pay and benefits.

Even the twu gets yearly raises which I am sure they earned off of your cowardly ways. Keep fighting for the right to work soon you will be working for minimum wage and no benefits. This is what the company wants and this is what the twu wants. :up:

Latest posts