Another month, another cover-up?...

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/08/first-on-cnn-iranian-jets-fire-on-u-s-drone/

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.

The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.

The Obama administration did not disclose the incident, which occurred just days before the presidential election on November 1, but three senior officials confirmed the details to CNN.

correct me if Im wrong but up until election day Romney/Ryan were recieving the same intelligence briefings and they didnt say anything either. hmmm. I think I smell a conspiracy here!

actually, it is kind of embarassing that iran is flying '70's era Soviet fighter jets that fly slower than a 757, but faster than a drone and missed, how many times? twice?

correct me if Im wrong but up until election day Romney/Ryan were recieving the same intelligence briefings and they didnt say anything either. hmmm. I think I smell a conspiracy here!

actually, it is kind of embarassing that iran is flying '70's era Soviet fighter jets that fly slower than a 757, but faster than a drone and missed, how many times? twice?

Bet Israel is glad to hear the news. If the SU 25 is the best thing they have operational atm its going to make their stike easier.

Hard to get a read on any of their other stuff, they have taken delivery of some newer stuff but most of it cannot be considered top shelf. I doubt much of their US built planes are doing more than collecting dust after being starved of parts for three decades. Maybe the chinese are building parts for them. Which is probably good for Israel also. If chinese knockoff aircraft parts are the same quality as the auto parts they send to us, they will be lucky to get them airborne! ;)