Another paycut?

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Another paycut looming?

"The day we filed, we had over $20 billion in debt, much of it accumulated over the last five to six years as we were trying to stave off a court filing," Bastian said. He added that despite "significant head-count reductions, concessions" and other cuts to Delta's benefit structure, its employee costs and labor costs "are still uncom- petitive."

:shock: WT, could this mean another paycut for the world's most amazingly employee friendly airline?

Another paycut looming?

"The day we filed, we had over $20 billion in debt, much of it accumulated over the last five to six years as we were trying to stave off a court filing," Bastian said. He added that despite "significant head-count reductions, concessions" and other cuts to Delta's benefit structure, its employee costs and labor costs "are still uncom- petitive."

:shock: WT, could this mean another paycut for the world's most amazingly employee friendly airline?

How much of a paycut have DL ground employees taken - something like 20-25%?

I'm glad that I work for a good company that makes money and doesn't have to leach off of it's own employees. :huh: :unsure: :up: :up:

I'm glad that I work for a good company that makes money and doesn't have to leach off of it's own employees. :huh: :unsure: :up: :up:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Stay Tuned" !!

If fuel prices go up, (Which I feel that they will), we'll see if your still "singing the same tune" !!!

NH/BB's

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Stay Tuned" !!

If fuel prices go up, (Which I feel that they will), we'll see if your still "singing the same tune" !!!

NH/BB's
Let's see.. WN 3Q profit 2005, $210 Mil. WN 3Q profit 2006, $48 Mil. At this rate, by 2007 3Q, you will have lost your a$$. Not that I think that will happen but, to spout off over this is rather... well, just like you WN. Childish.... You do it well and it is spelled "Leech". JMHO! and NH/BB... I agree on your thoughts on the fuel thing since OPEC has decided to cut production to keep prices high. We are in the Lull before the storm. I would still boycott Citgo if I could prove it was their product but with all the Fuel-Batch trading between the majors, you never know whose you get at the pump while taking it in the rump.

Another paycut looming?

Reads like a misprint. I think he was talking about the first half of BK.

This is from our Corporate Communications dept..

******Ed's quote from his presentation to the Boyd Conference was part of a larger conversation giving an update on how far we have come and next steps in restructuring. The reporter misinterpreted where Delta was when it entered Chapter 11 (uncompetitive labor costs) and where it is today, given that Ed's remarks switched from past to present. We have contacted the reporter and have cleared up any misunderstandings about his remarks. Ed stated clearly in his presentation that Delta has completed the employee piece of its restructuring and has no further plans at this time to go back to Delta employees for paycuts.********

In answer the question about how much of a cut we have taken as ground employees - we have taken 19% pay cut, but with increase in insurance premiums it is alot more for some folks...

Let's see.. WN 3Q profit 2005, $210 Mil. WN 3Q profit 2006, $48 Mil. At this rate, by 2007 3Q, you will have lost your a$$. Not that I think that will happen but, to spout off over this is rather... well, just like you WN. Childish.... You do it well and it is spelled "Leech". JMHO! and NH/BB... I agree on your thoughts on the fuel thing since OPEC has decided to cut production to keep prices high. We are in the Lull before the storm. I would still boycott Citgo if I could prove it was their product but with all the Fuel-Batch trading between the majors, you never know whose you get at the pump while taking it in the rump.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QA4Jet-A,

Boycott Citgo ???????

YOU don't honestly believe "everything" Chavez said about DUMBYA was wrong, do you ???

In 2 short weeks(Election day-11/7), we'll "start" to see Chavez's rhetoric "slowly" change, once the voters begin the process of Eradicating the power of the "LITTLE TURD", and the republican control of the house of representatives, and the presidentcy (in '08)

NH/BB's

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QA4Jet-A,

Boycott Citgo ???????

YOU don't honestly believe "everything" Chavez said about DUMBYA was wrong, do you ???

NH/BB's

I do believe that Chavez was right about the sulfer smell. Looks like he was pretty accurate with the Satan reference as well. Outside of that, who knows?

:lol:

Be careful there Slick,
What goes around, Comes Around...
Southwest-Fuel hedges = In the same Boat :eek:

Another paycut looming?

The writer absolutely misrepresented what was said. A reference was being made to a year or two ago and the writer didn't listen properly and miswrote his article. It's been addressed with the writer.

don't get too cocky... who would have thought in the 60's and 70's that TWA would be where they are today. you never know what's ahead.

This is from our Corporate Communications dept..

misinterpreted no further plans at this time to go back to Delta employees for paycuts.********
What about the future. Corporate speak for thrust me it is not what it seems

Latest posts