Another Shining Moment in PHL Today.

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
Whoever the baggage people were today working B-8 in PHL should be ashamed of themselves. Of course they are not but. Two marines were on our flight that had 36, yes 36 people on it. They told me twice that their bags had not been loaded. We were told by the captains PA that they were loading bags at B-10 and would be over to do ours as soon as they were done, PHL was short handed. So we push from the gate and are doing the demo as the two are really freaking out. NOT in a nasty way either. The one guy pleaded and begged. He said he had sensitive documents in there and he MUST have them. Well the tug was already headed back to the gate. The captain REFUSED to start the engine. The gate area scattered and not a person was in sight. The guys bags had their names down the sides of it. The ramp said the bags were tagged to BUF and were not theirs. YES THEY WERE. How hard would it have been to bring those bags to the plane? The one girl walked around with a long red chain of some sort swinging it around and around like a prison guard does with keys. I felt horrible. They then took the bags and stuck them between a cart and a tug. I WATCHED with my own eyes from the last row of the plane. Again PHL at it's best. Those guys didn't get their bags. WELL DONE... tell a friend about the job openings.....morons.

Whoever the baggage people were today working B-8 in PHL should be ashamed of themselves. Of course they are not but. Two marines were on our flight that had 36, yes 36 people on it. They told me twice that their bags had not been loaded. We were told by the captains PA that they were loading bags at B-10 and would be over to do ours as soon as they were done, PHL was short handed. So we push from the gate and are doing the demo as the two are really freaking out. NOT in a nasty way either. The one guy pleaded and begged. He said he had sensitive documents in there and he MUST have them. Well the tug was already headed back to the gate. The captain REFUSED to start the engine. The gate area scattered and not a person was in sight. The guys bags had their names down the sides of it. The ramp said the bags were tagged to BUF and were not theirs. YES THEY WERE. How hard would it have been to bring those bags to the plane? The one girl walked around with a long red chain of some sort swinging it around and around like a prison guard does with keys. I felt horrible. They then took the bags and stuck them between a cart and a tug. I WATCHED with my own eyes from the last row of the plane. Again PHL at it's best. Those guys didn't get their bags. WELL DONE... tell a friend about the job openings.....morons.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Ref: "Whoever the baggage people were today working B-8 in PHL should be ashamed..."

About every post this person makes is the same thing. Whine, complain and bash anything to do with US Airways or PHL airport. Never offers a constructive post about anything. This latest tirade is about as clearly descriptive as the rest. Probably works for CO.

Why don't you actually go down on the ramp and work and see what really goes on, you sure can tell alot from a row of a plane, NOT!

Military "sensitive documents" would never be allowed to ride unaccompanied by a reasonable soldier, salior or airman. Either B.S. or these folks were very careless.

If you are in the military and traveling your documents are to be in your posession at all times. That does not mean put them in your checked baggage.

I think this story is just thst a story

:lol:
Military "sensitive documents" would never be allowed to ride unaccompanied by a reasonable soldier, salior or airman. Either B.S. or these folks were very careless.
Point well taken..........but then again, considering how "well" the situation in Iraq is going you would think military manuevers are being relayed by placing instructions/commands inside the seatback barfbags. Tell me more....always amuzed when it comes to Phillie :lol:

Ref: "Whoever the baggage people were today working B-8 in PHL should be ashamed..."

About every post this person makes is the same thing. Whine, complain and bash anything to do with US Airways or PHL airport. Never offers a constructive post about anything. This latest tirade is about as clearly descriptive as the rest. Probably works for CO.

So you are saying that this situation could not have happened in PHL? Have you forgotten that PHL is notorious for mishandling luggage?

Whine, complain and bash anything to do with US Airways or PHL airport. Never offers a constructive post about anything.

Let's face it, the PHL operation as it pertains to US Airways has sucked for a very long time, with essentially marginal improvement, if any, since the new management came to town. There is nothing constructive to say about PHL, that's the bottom line, and evidently there's no turning back. I'm apprehensive for the US Airways customers transiting PHL again, as the holidays approach.

Same story different day ...... last flight out of PHL comes in with 16 passengers and no bags. Remarks put into computer by the gate agent in PHL indicated they were holding for them. 30 mins later flight pushes. Psgrs all reported they saw there bags setting at the gate the whole time and no one bothered to load them. Said multiple ramp agents walked pass them, look at them and walked off. :down:

Same story different day ...... last flight out of PHL comes in with 16 passengers and no bags. Remarks put into computer by the gate agent in PHL indicated they were holding for them. 30 mins later flight pushes. Psgrs all reported they saw there bags setting at the gate the whole time and no one bothered to load them. Said multiple ramp agents walked pass them, look at them and walked off. :down:
And each of these passengers will tell 20 of their friends, relatives and co-workers what a horrible airline U is.
Why are you people blaming the soldiers when this is clearly a recurrent problem? Forget the documents and remember the perception from inside the airplane that these bags were right there and did not get loaded.
It's an embarassment :down:

Last weekend, I flew US out of PHL. The inbound flight was late (arrived at our scheduled departure time), and the above the wing folks did everything they could for a speedy turn. The gate was B10, so I sat down by the Happy Desk and watched the arrival... F/O was out there waiting for it to come in to do a walkaround, rampers were waiting to park... but they disappeared as soon as the aircraft chocked in. The inbound deplaned, cabin cleaned, and we all boarded. Then the Captain informed us we were waiting for the rampers to return to offload the inbound flight's bags and load our flight's bags. About a 35-40 after boarding was completed, we were ready to go. The CLT-based Captain was very apologetic and said that the "new TSA requirements and increased checked baggage numbers did not help an understaffed situation" and he called the reason for the delay "pathetic" and said it should not happen like that.

This is why I don't check bags in/out of PHL. I've been burned a couple of times, and that was a couple of times too many. I'm not going to be as quick to blame the rampers, as part of it is understaffing and not enough equipment, but there are some I'm sure who are not doing their jobs. It's just when you have so few employees doing a job that the few bad apples have a greater effect on the operation.

An off topic question: Why is 100 lbs of Skywest ballast sitting on a pushback tug at B10 PHL?

Are you saying that I might work for CO. No I work for good old US and The situation happened exactly as it was stated. Also as for you 700, don't tell me what happened or what didn't happen. They CLEARLY knew the bags were there and were told about them. The ramp cleared as soon as the aircraft was pushed. The bags were then taken and moved between a tug and belt loader. As for why the documents were placed in the suitcase is not important. What kind of documents they were is beyond me. The guy was in uniform and clearly was worried about them being left. This happens everyday. I clearly posted a disgusting situation at PHL that happenens on a daily basis by inept low paid workers that DONT CARE. pushing back airplane while playing drums with their sticks listening to their ipods for showing up for work. Yeah whatever.