Another Viewpoint from an Insider

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
This was sent to me by another f/a who got it from another f/a. It is written by Trice Johnson who was one of our negotiators in 2000-2001 when we won our history-making industry-leading contract. The original is posted on Facebook (I think. I'm not a member.) for those of you who would like to respond directly to Trice. Good read. I underlined and/or italicized a couple of important points.

Since I was involved with APFA Negotiations in 2000/01 and was a key player in Communications and Strategy, I thought I would point out a few glaring "irregularities" in the latest APFA ROTLINE. Words are always carefully chosen when attempting to "stay on message"; more importantly, the missing words are equally as important. I'll try to keep it short, but it is clear that Mommie Dearest has got her wire hangers out and looking to whip her children into line before August 19th. Admittedly, I do love my twisted sistah Leslie Mayo (APFA Communications Coordinator) who is smart as a whip and is a brilliant multitasking orgasmic ball of fire and perfectly suited for this kind of delicious hotline snake charming show:

From the Negotiating Team: "Some of our members have asked us to communicate the positive side of a NO vote" blah blah blah ......"there is no positive side to the NO vote"
Notice how APFA conveniently just completely overlooks the ramifications of the pilot NO vote (but are more than happy to pimp themselves out for the "Me Too" ,Buy One, Get One Free, clause for the pilots). Never mind that loads of "experts" (who APFA just ADORES and LOVES to quote) have been going on record stating that the Pilots NO vote has really derailed most of ToHo's plans and brought the whole Dancing with the CEO Stars charade to an apparent grinding halt. I get it. Let's just pretend that voting result did not happen. Next....

Then, the ROTLINE just goes down the monetary laundry list of the evil step sister's Term Sheet and what glorious apples will be left out should we vote NO. I can only assume these lengthy numerical calculations are correct. I have no idea. I did not do well in math really. E=Mc2. Hmmmmm. Message: Keep demonizing the evils of the term sheet (as if we were actually voting on that) and all of the golden fruit that will be missing from Little Red Riding Hood's basket of goodies (LBFO) should we vote NO. Again, standard persuasive techniques. Is it working like a charm for you yet? Next.....

Duration of Agreement: APFA attempts to clarify and define whether the Term Sheet is anything at all. A contract with timelines? I thought a contract was something signed between two parties no? Or is it "no contract?" like they have on their road show/website color coded slide presentations in which Green=YES VOTE=PARADISE versus RED=NO VOTE=TERM SHEET=WIRE HANGARS=LIVING IN HELL! FYI, the APFA missing information is that to the best of my knowledge no F/A union has worked under a term sheet for more than 10 months. Anyway, I think the Term Sheet duration and definition is kinda like an ICLOUD or something from Apple, Inc. out there somewhere holding all kinds of nasty information that can be imposed, modified, or rectumfied for what APFA likes to think is an indefinite Til Hell Feezes Over tactic.

Other Missing Information of Note: For all of you planning to vote YES, please read page 21 of the LBFO. 6. Bankruptcy protection. And really pay attention to the second paragraph that starts out with "Notwithstanding the foregoing........" (which means... Even though what I just said is true, this other thing is also independently true.) So if we get the LBFO, we should still expect an 1113 filing. Next.......

The APFA also likes to point out the the National Mediation Board (admittedly NOT a real well functioning branch of our Federal Government these days) has not released an airline labor group for possible strike threat in 11 years. Hmmm. Didn't SPIRIT Airlines have a pilots strike or something in 2010? (google that) Oh, I see, that's just one of those scrappy, start up, fly by night, bring your own rope for a seatbelt airlines, so they don't count here. Never mind the Facts I guess. It sounds better to just say "11 years and no release from the NMB" much less strike threat.

Okay, I think that is enough of the Wire Hangar Beatings for now. Don't mind thinking for yourself cuz APFA has done it all for you, dont cha know? If we vote NO, expect Mommie Dearest to be back with a vengeance scolding us most dearly......this time with a 2 x 4 or pipe.
Like· · Follow Post· 4 hours ago

Latest posts