Any good one day Non-Rev Trips?

mrdion

Jan 24, 2003
I was just wondering if anyone had a favorite destination to go to just for the day non-reving? I have heard that DCA, and LGA are good spots.. Any other ''secret'' or ''interesting'' spots you have found?

What is fun to see/visit while you are there, and how do you get transportation to/from the airport..

Thanks!

In LGA, you can walk right out baggage claim and catch the q33 to roosevelt ave train and take that into grand central station, there are a gazillon things to do in NYC.

In DCA you have the metro right across the street from national and Air and Space is awesome to visit, along with numerous other monuments and museums.

Just go on the internet and look up the cities, they all have visitor bureaus.

Phl has the quincy market, and BOS is full of history also.

MEM is a great option. 35 miles from the airport to Tunica if you like gambling. Easy day trip and alot easier to get to than LAS. The buffet''s aren''t as good as LAS but it''s still a fun day trip.

Where are you traveling from?? That would be my first question. Ashville-Wolf Laurel Ski Lodge, and of course the "house" can''t remember the name.
Chatanooga--go visit the choo-choo. and civil war sights.
Do you like sports?? Visit all of the baseball and football stadiums around the country. Scalp tickets are usually available outside the gates. I did this with my boys when they were growing up. Saw many many NFL games this way.
And, yes I agree DCA and LGA are great--bus from EWR is easy and goes right to the port authority building in the heart of the city. Also BWI is fun too. Lots of good food there as well as PHL. Hummmmm Philly Cheese Steaks couldn''t be better than in Philly.

Yes, enjoy this perk whilst you can folks.

Just do your customers one small favor: please note how much the airfares would cost if you had to pay like normal passengers.

And then remind yourself what other wordly pleasure you would have to sacrifice to pay for the airline tickets.

Have fun!

In Chicago you can take the L Train direct from the airport for about $2, its the blue line... transfer at Washington to the red line towards Howard, get off at Chicago stop and youre on the Magnificent Mile... Chicagos a beautiful walk- Navy Pier, Buckingham fountain (also known as the Married with children fountain), Sears tower etc. Chicago flights are normally pretty open from all three hubs, and we have some great people working that station. Completely do-able day trip especially if you live in one of the big three. Have fun!

ASk the 20,000 employees who have been laid off and ask the 13 that committed suicide and ask the 30,000 of us who are left who took huge pay and benefit cuts.

I''ve taken the daily roundtrip to HE!! and back, alot of folks have actually. There is one roundtrip a day scheduled about 8 hours apart,no meal service other than maybe a couple of quick 15 minute snacks, and the pilot is usually someone from management.

1.gif