Any Monkey Can Do It

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
A tourist walked into a pet store and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, a manager from US Airways walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll take an mechanic monkey, please."

The man nodded, went to a cage at the side of the store and took out a monkey. He put a collar and leash on the animal and handed it the manager saying, "That'll be $1,000." The manager paid and left with the monkey.

Surprised, the tourist went to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few dollars. Why did that one cost so much?"

The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that was a mechanic monkey. He can rig aircraft flight controls, service aircraft on turns, work on engines, and perform all general maintenance functions, and does it with no back talk or complaints. It's well worth the money."

The tourist spotted a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more Expensive --$10,000! What does it do?"

Oh, that one is a "Engineering Supervisor" monkey; not only does it hold an engineering license but it can instruct at all levels of maintenance, supervise maintenance at the hangar and on the line, schedule major overhauls, and is proficient with many computer programs.

A very useful monkey indeed," replied the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around a little longer and found a third monkey in a cage. The price tag read, "$50,000". The shocked tourist exclaimed, "That one costs more than all the others put together! What in the world could it do?"

"Well, I've never actually seen him do anything but drink beer and play with his dick, but his papers say he's a Pilot...."

BoeingBoy said:
A tourist walked into a pet store and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, a manager from US Airways walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll take an mechanic monkey, please."

The man nodded, went to a cage at the side of the store and took out a monkey. He put a collar and leash on the animal and handed it the manager saying, "That'll be $1,000." The manager paid and left with the monkey.

Surprised, the tourist went to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few dollars. Why did that one cost so much?"

The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that was a mechanic monkey. He can rig aircraft flight controls, service aircraft on turns, work on engines, and perform all general maintenance functions, and does it with no back talk or complaints. It's well worth the money."

The tourist spotted a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more Expensive --$10,000! What does it do?"

Oh, that one is a "Engineering Supervisor" monkey; not only does it hold an engineering license but it can instruct at all levels of maintenance, supervise maintenance at the hangar and on the line, schedule major overhauls, and is proficient with many computer programs.

A very useful monkey indeed," replied the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around a little longer and found a third monkey in a cage. The price tag read, "$50,000". The shocked tourist exclaimed, "That one costs more than all the others put together! What in the world could it do?"

"Well, I've never actually seen him do anything but drink beer and play with his dick, but his papers say he's a Pilot...."
Boeingboy:

I wish I had of read your post prior to my posting on the "CWA to vote...no" link. Your story is so true about many jobs in the airline industry "Monkey-see-monkey-do". Particularly when the reservationist, customer service, and ticket counter jobs are considered. These positions are by no mean "skilled labor". If US Airways goes under, the best jobs the huge majority of these ex-US Airways employees will find will be unskilled laborer jobs paying maybe a dollar or two above minimum wage.

FM,

I certainly meant no slight to anyone by "my" funny story (it was actually sent to me by a friend who thought I'd enjoy it since I'm a pilot - they were right).

Jim

Years ago, a certain Operations Supervisor jokingly made a comment that a monkey could do a certain job.

The next morning he came in to find a large stuffed monkey setting at his desk.

One of our managers in Hgr 5 in TUL, said that we could be replaced by trained monkeys, well next day there were stuffed monkeys and bananas all over the dock, while several mechanics walked out to the plane with their hands over their heads and knees bent rocking from side to side like monkeys do. We're still laughing on that one, and the manager has never lived it down. :lol: