Any News On Awa Arena ?

A330US

Senior
Aug 10, 2005
Hey
whats gonna happen about the arena's name, it should change now, the NBA season is about to officially start on oct 31-nov 7
any pics or info on its naming rights ?

Not sure, but the Official AWA radio station in Phoenix KYOT (Jazz/New Age station) is now being called US Airways.

Good question, why aren't you in school?

i am in school LOL
im in my computer programming class, im one of the best students, so i do my work quickly and then do whatever i want ton the internet
like this

Not sure, but the Official AWA radio station in Phoenix KYOT (Jazz/New Age station) is now being called US Airways.

Official radio station of AWA? ROFL.........
:huh: Ok.....................I thought 98KUPD was the official radio station. j/k

I read, in the phoenix paper I believe, that the name would change but not to US Airways Arena.

I read, in the phoenix paper I believe, that the name would change but not to US Airways Arena.

Yea I agree with that, it may not necessarily be the US Airways arena. If they choose not to name it that, it will probably be because how much money they may want for changing that name. Arena names are huge business. When the America West Arena got it's name, it was a lot of money for little old AWA to spend, but itturned out to be money well spent. When renewal came up several years ago, it took a lot of bargaining to keep it Am West Arena....we'll see what happens this time.

muircross:

You are so right about Kenny G!

Kenny G ??? Isn't he on KMEL?
:blink:

They could aways name it the "Purple Palace". The news media called it that for a long time until they got their hand slapped.

Kenny G ??? Isn't he on KMEL?
:blink:

They could aways name it the "Purple Palace". The news media called it that for a long time until they got their hand slapped.
I think N907AW - the HP 757 that used to be painted in the Suns colors, anyways, was nicknamed "Barney" -- ah, hem, after the purple dinosaur. :up: :p

What AWA was paying a year to keep the naming rights through the rest of the contract (2019 or somewhere out there in the future) was relatively cheap -- like $800K a year or something like that. Maybe the naming rights are being sold as a "lump sum" to somebody and it won't even be named for an airline at all... Now, that would be sad, especially since the Suns are doing so well (well, let's hope they do this year too) and that's cheap advertising and national exposure.

:down: :angry: :wacko:

It may be US Airways Center or something like that. The guy quoted in the article didn't say US Airways wouldn't be in the name somewhere.

It may be US Airways Center or something like that. The guy quoted in the article didn't say US Airways wouldn't be in the name somewhere.

It could be "NU SAW" - the best thing to use when building a new company. j/k (I tried not to do it but......)

It was Bank One ball park at one time..........wasn't it.
:blush:

It could be "NU SAW" - the best thing to use when building a new company. j/k (I tried not to do it but......)
It was Bank One ball park at one time..........wasn't it.
:blush:
It will all be changed to Southwest Airlines Arena!!! :up:

Latest posts