Anyone hear if the company is going to drop 737 F/C to 8 Seats

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone heard if the company is going to fit the 737 fleet with only 8 F/C seats. I haven't read anything about this but ran into a mech. and said it is already being done. Not sure if it is west metal or east metal. Either way, we should have heard something about it by now.

No ALERT in our EMERG MANUAL or whatever it's called now. But that doesn't mean anything! They usually reprint at least 2-3 times before getting it "sotra" right. We will see when it shows up on the line. I am sure they riped the closets out too. No need to those. Ah and here I was actually liking the 737 these days. PIMP MY FLIGHT by Amuture West!

Has anyone heard if the company is going to fit the 737 fleet with only 8 F/C seats. I haven't read anything about this but ran into a mech. and said it is already being done. Not sure if it is west metal or east metal. Either way, we should have heard something about it by now.
I heard they are going to 4 and adding 36 in the back, because Doug "knows what the customers want"

We have not heard anything to that effect, but it would not surprise me.

If they did something like this, it would be another nail in the coffin of high yield revenue. What part of that don't they get?

Oh that's right, they want to cater to the "majority"--those who outnumber us but spend much less.....

All right then.....

Well, you know if they indeed read these message boards as they say they do.......somebody right now is running down the hall to DP's office with another BRILLIANT idea! :lol:

Since the HP 737 fleet has only an 8 seat FC and that this group uses the min(US,HP) methodology in making decisions (see, you can write that as a spreadsheet function), this change makes sense. Just make row 2 have a bit more pitch than the HP 733 row 2... PLEASE!

and don't forget that HP 7dirty7's don't have a bulkhead seperating F from the 1L door / jumpseat!

basicly, take all of US's fleet and its going to mirror HP. We can't stop it, no matter how many of our customers leave & our employees complain, its going to happen.

We can't change their mentality as it's "their way or fly another airline"...

And considering how "uniform" the HP fleet is, I just flew on 628 and thought it was the most comfy Airbus A320 I've been on... although it was wierd seeing the tv monitors used as well as what looked like 2 feet of space behind row 26....

Going to eight means going to CO, I'll deal with the connections through CLE and IAH or I'll bite the bullet and drive to Newark.
Ditto. Or take AA from PHL and connect if my destination isn't SJU, MIA, ORD or DFW.

I've not flown a lot in the last year or two, but regularly read these boards. There is no way in he11 that I'm going to book any US flights until all these issues get sorted out (if they ever do). And, my travel habits are now ramping up to weekly high dollar coach purchases. Oh well. Another 20 year customer gone.

If this happens, I really have even less reason to remain an elite with US. One of the few remaining perks is a few upgrades here and there. I am already able to find lower fares, better seats/pitch regardless of class of service, cleaner aircraft, more consistent service, not to mention better websites/kiosks/reservations systems, elsewhere. This truly saddens me after 21 years of flying Piedmont/USAir/USAirways as my primary choice.

Let's not jump to any conclusions as yet...I have asked Tempe about this--let's see what (if) they reply......

sky high states: This company really needs to get with this Millennium. As per this article, someone should be on this board, other boards, ie flyertalk, Airliners.net doing "customer service" work. READ: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7060602529.html

Scrunched in the packed coach cabin, J.P. Maxwell eyed the lone empty seat in first class. An elite flier on Continental Airlines, he was upset. Maxwell was convinced he should have been automatically upgraded for the recent four-hour trip.

During the flight, the Internet entrepreneur hacked out a 526-word missive that he later posted on a popular online chat room, http://www.flyertalk.com. "I consistently pay several hundred more to fly [Continental] and this is what I get?" Maxwell vented on the site.

Lurking in the chat room was Scott O'Leary, a customer service guru at Continental who spends several hours each day prowling such Web sites for customer complaints. O'Leary quickly discovered that Maxwell had never been told that he had been upgraded and had been left to languish in coach. With the passion of someone who had discovered a major flaw in the airline's operations, O'Leary alerted company executives to prevent similar foul-ups, ensured that Maxwell got a free upgrade and posted an explanation for the mistake in the chat room.

This thread is the perfect example. Why did it take a Freq. flyer to email management? Read the last sentence above! Now, that's using the best travel resource there is, the internet.

only stating opinions