AOG Event? Is this true?

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
I received word we had a AOG event in the past week.. a US Airways Express.. nonetheless an event. I haven't heard anything about this event in the news or online. Can anyone confirm this AOG event? (Qik: F8:AOG)

As far as I know, AOG simply means that an airplane has a mechanical and is grounded till parts are shipped in. It's sort of an "expedite" tag for the parts. Unless it means something different out West....

Jim

You are correct Jim, AOG=Aircraft On Ground and on the label it means the parts are must ride.

You are correct Jim, AOG=Aircraft On Ground and on the label it means the parts are must ride.

I agree with Jim and 700 re: Aircraft on the Ground.

However, another definition of AOG: Act of God - also known as a `force majeure'. This encompasses the situations where airlines are not legally responsible to provide lodging, transport, or other expenses that travelers may incur as a result of an AOG. Inclement weather, civil disruptions, and other unanticipated events may be classified as an AOG.

Albeit, most times it means the Aircraft is On the Ground - when an aircraft urgently needs some sort of maintenance on the ground when it is supposed to be in the air.

I remember receiving my furlough letter signed by Gangwal, whereas he used `force majeure' as a contributing reason for the 2001 furloughes shortly after 9/11! :down:

I flew down 4 pounds of parts for an Express AOG in CLT this morning. Stuff breaks all the time.

lol.. it says it was an accident though.

It's about as serious as a...*gasp* RAIN EVENT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: (George Carlin)

Joking aside, its no big deal. Stuff breaks, mx needs the part, they order it and its sent on the first available flight as an "AOG part". AOG parts carry a high cargo priority status because obviously theres a plane on the ground somewhere that needs to be fixed!

If it was an accident the NTSB would have been called out to investigate.